Who do you miss from ALL?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dandelion. We me in chat and she was and is a very nice person.

Bee. It is an honor to be friends with her.

Peaches. Quiet and friendly.

Serenia. A kind and respectful lady.

Ladyforsaken. She commanded a lot of respect here and deservedly received attention from everyone.

I'm not thinking of a specific person this time, but of the idea of people leaving forums too quickly.

I'm on another forum, and I was talking to someone there this past month. It was just friendly conversation, I had no motive. But all the sudden, they just up and left the site after being there for less than a month. I've seen it happen a lot here too, and elsewhere. It's like people want there to be instant connection, instant fireworks. They don't give things the time and space they need to grow.

I feel like it takes a while before connections happen. At least that was my experience here. It took me a while to get to know people and open up, a lot of time of just saying things, sharing my thoughts, interacting on the threads. I don't think it's realistic to hang around most forums for a short period, and then just give up on it if your attempts to talk to people or make threads don't just take off right away.

Then there's also the fact that topics, and forums themselves, have periods of high and low activity. And individual people too. Sometimes there just isn't a lot to say, and you don't know what to do, what direction to go in order to find more to talk about. You don't have a lot going on, and what you do have is mundane, or topics that are otherwise best left unshared. Or sometimes you do have a lot going on but you're stressed out by it, and not feeling talkative.

I understand people can do whatever they want, but at the same time I feel like it's too bad people don't stick around to give forums a chance.

Latest posts

Back