Who watches Anime (Japanese anime)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just finished Tengen Toppa, it was pretty awesome except the middle eps. In the beginning it was funny and I laughed irl, but after Kamina died the humor disappeared, even though they stilll had their ganmen. So it was kinda weird, if they wanted to do a comedy, should have gone all the way, and if they wanted a serious mecha anime, why design them with such silly faces. :-? I suspect they changed script writers halfway. But anyway, it was good. :) It was awesome when Rossiu finally got punched in the face, he's been acting like a c*** for too long.

Now I'm watching Ginga Nagareboshi Gin, it's a sweet old anime that would make vegans stomp with rage. :-D

Lacking in awesome stuff. Tried Pita Ten but it was a disappointment T_T, just generic loli anime. Plz suggest something awesome to me.

Also the second ending theme from TTGL reminds me of the first season of Naruto. Now i'm pondering if I should try to see all of the 30000 thousand eps of Naruto. Such an undertaking... but everyone's seen it, so I must also. :-X

*slaps Hydey* don't write about stuff that everyone knows already :p

In the near future, I'm planning to see the first + second ep of a ton of anime until I find something good. Bastards killing Claymore... yurusenai. Why did all this crap anime get a second season but not Claymore. T_T

AngryLoner said:
ashleigh_phoenix said:
I have dedicated my life to anime....
Awesome :)

care to elaborate a bit?

i self-studied the language and culture of japanese, altho im slowly deteriorating on it bec im getting a little side tracked --- college!!

i made a pact that i'd rather be a hobo if i will not become a professional animator.

Woah...

You may take my title of anime nerd of this forum. Seriously, you deserve it.

@Mimi

*Slaps Mimizu* Yeah! I only wrote that because....

*Slaps Mimizu* *Slaps Mimizu* *Slaps Mimizu* *Slaps Mimizu* *Slaps Mimizu* *Slaps Mimizu* *Slaps Mimizu* *Slaps Mimizu* *Slaps Mimizu* *Slaps Mimizu* *Slaps Mimizu* *Slaps Mimizu* *Slaps Mimizu* Oh, me? I'm just doing this for funzies now *Slaps Mimizu*

*ahem* Anyways, I'd advise against watching Naruto past the Sasuke Retrieval arc. Stop as soon as they open any new "plot" lines after that, you're into filler now. It's starts off alright, peaks with Zabuza, dives into DBZ type crap and just keeps getting worse from there.

Just finished Claymore myself, it's one of those shows that starts off well, picks up good pace, develops its characters, weaves a fine plot and then overtakes the manga. Just when this happens is not as obvious in Claymore but becomes fairly blatant fairly rapidly. Kinda disappointed in that, it had become a favourite of mine. Still, at least the manga is still going (I won't hold out hope for an OVA, even if we got one it wouldn't be good).

Finished Tenjou Tengen a couple weeks ago too, similar problem (overtook manga and was forced to finish early). Not anything to be amazed by but the early fights were quite the spectacle.

Suggestions for Mimizu: Shukagen no Shana, Darker than Black and maybe Genshiken.

@ashleigh_phoenix :
Good luck with your dreams, I've just dedicated myself to another foolish ambition. I can sympathise with any fear or doubts you might be having right now (is this really workable, do I have the talent needed from me, is this just a passing fantasy through a time with too many decisions to make etc). I say fresia it; last time I checked I wasn't allowed to store up wealth for a second lifetime and I'm going to spend most of my life working no matter what I do.

mimizu said:
Now I'm watching Ginga Nagareboshi Gin, it's a sweet old anime that would make vegans stomp with rage. :-D

This forum is not my area of expertise, but when I saw you were watching this I had to respond. Any dog lovers here should definitely watch Ginga Nagareboshi Gin and its sequel Ginga Densetsu Weed. Although like mimizu said, they can get pretty brutal. x_x

HiddenHydey said:
@ashleigh_phoenix :
Good luck with your dreams, I've just dedicated myself to another foolish ambition. I can sympathise with any fear or doubts you might be having right now (is this really workable, do I have the talent needed from me, is this just a passing fantasy through a time with too many decisions to make etc). I say fresia it; last time I checked I wasn't allowed to store up wealth for a second lifetime and I'm going to spend most of my life working no matter what I do.

thats what i said to my mom... but she still insisted me on taking ******* (sorry for the language) law. but im intentionally flunking it, i hope the gods of japanese anime count that as a way of achieving my dream lol

I do I do! ;) I've watched a bunch, they are fun to watchh. I really like to watch those kingdom ones though like Loddoss wars, 12 kingdom, scrapped princess, escaflowne, etc. but I usually watch all kinds. lately I can't find a good one to watch though, maybe I already watched all the good ones or something lol.

finalfantasi said:
I do I do! ;) I've watched a bunch, they are fun to watchh. I really like to watch those kingdom ones though like Loddoss wars, 12 kingdom, scrapped princess, escaflowne, etc. but I usually watch all kinds. lately I can't find a good one to watch though, maybe I already watched all the good ones or something lol.

If in doubt watch ghibli ;)
Of course there's the series Mononoke as well. It's got a very strange visual style that I fell in love with.

armor4sleepPA said:
There's always Sailor Moon.... LOL, NeverMore :)

That made me crack up, nice one armor:p

Theres death note, that's a good one, I'm around 20 episodes in and it's very good so far

NeverMore said:
armor4sleepPA said:
There's always Sailor Moon.... LOL, NeverMore :)

That made me crack up, nice one armor:p

Theres death note, that's a good one, I'm around 20 episodes in and it's very good so far

I liiiiked deathnote! It was really gooood, but it got really messed up and weird as things start to get messy... and ugh it wasn't that interesting anymore? maybe you'll still like it :) I think around ep 30ish for me was when I stopped.

I love animes too. I have a pretty big collection of anime DVDs and figurines as well.

My favourite anime is Evangelion.
Hehe, and the new movie, Evangelion 1.0 is coming out in my country "today" !! I've booked the tickets, oh I can't wait !!

Oh Jesus, I was actually planning to watch narutoe, someone stab me (good thing i didn't go along with that plan).

@hidey
>shakugan no shana
>genshiken
done

>darker than black
brb researching

I recommend ef - a tales of memories if you like those psycological genre. ^___^ One of those deep anime that made me cry. ;___;

Reviving the thread:p I was wondering what is everyone s favorite top 3 anime and why?

1.Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Perfect in everyway, the story may look ridiculous but it s by far the most original one. There s so many twist and turns, you easily get attached to ALL the character and most of all it has everything that I want in a anime, love,drama,action and electrifying.

2.Code geass
I m a sucker for original stories and great character development. :D

3. Hellsing
If you ve seen it, it s pretty much self-explanatory :p

Latest posts

Back