Why Did You Choose Avatar/Sig/Name That You Did?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
annik said:
Mine is a still from the film Le Petit Soldat staring Anna Karina at the moment. I've become obsessed with her. I found it in a google search of the film, can't remember what site it was on though.

You always come across as a really artistic person, I like that.

mine is the cover of emeliana torrini's beautiful album 'love in the time of science' but it didnt say that on there so i used the gnu (free) image modifying software 'gimp' (its better than photoshop, and being gnu utterly free) to put the text on, if people only new the severe scientific tyranny and control of the mind they're under they'd realize functional relationships are fairly near impossible due to how much we've been screwed with, the ones that exist and stay real and loving and full of wonder for life i see them as modern day miracles but i feel a change coming on in the avatar department

Mine is a self-portrait that I made from a picture I took of myself and then animated it to look around at everyone else's avatars!

I chose my avatar because she is the character in my username. Her actual name is "Pike Queen Lucy" from Pokemon Emerald version, but I thought just "Pike Queen" sounded cooler for me. I got the image from the Japanese Pokemon fanart website, Pokesho.

Thank you for all the posts. I must say I love all your avatars but as you are all equal in my eyes, I wont pick a favourite! you are all favourites :)

I don't care about privacy, and I want you to see me.
So my avatar is my real photo.
Maybe, somebody else is ready to show his face? Not private, but for everybody?

My avatar is WWE superstar CM Punk's logo and i chose it for 2 reasons:
1. He's my favorite wrestler.
2. He embraces the straight edge lifestyle (no alcohol, no cigars, no drugs), and it expresses me too, as I'm a straight edge as well. :)

Not being able to see the face of a person I'm interacting with, usually puts me off from phone conversations :) Specially, if it's a stranger.

I wouldn't mind my face being seen by forum members, but since the site can be accessed and browsed by anyone from outside, I prefer not to.

...funny enough, I've just noticed that my picture is still visible on one of the old threads, but it was my fault to post it in the first place :(

AlexChristy said:

lonelyfairy said:
Because I love Sailor Moon. ^_^ I got it from some Sailor Moon fansite, lol.

I'm sure I have that game on my portable Mega Drive. Don't know what it is though :p

AlexChristy said:

thumbs up for your courage and the photo.
109.gif

I`ve already shown my real photo some time ago, along with my real name and other personal info, and if the lightning strikes me again in the mood of showing one, I will. Till then I`ll stick with the avatar or whatever crosses my mind when changing it.
One of my precautions is the same as silver birch leaves said.
I wouldn't mind my face being seen by forum members, but since the site can be accessed and browsed by anyone from outside, I prefer not to.
...funny enough, I've just noticed that my picture is still visible on one of the old threads, but it was my fault to post it in the first place
Off-topic: I can`t really understand what editing a post within 1440 min. means: edit as in modify but no delete allowed or deletion of entire post is allowed within that x minutes, which I tested but didn`t work.
89.gif

BECAUSE I loooove squirrels and certain I found it on google images

Mine is Jesse from Breaking bad when he throws that house party and no one knows who house it is. Just through it was fitting seeming as I like to surround myself with people but never really get to know them or vice-versa.

Walley said:
Mine is a self-portrait that I made from a picture I took of myself and then animated it to look around at everyone else's avatars!

Yours doesn't seem to show on my screen. Though I know what you're talking about lol since it used to show up.
Time for a change, maybe? :p

ladyforsaken said:
Walley said:

Yours doesn't seem to show on my screen. Though I know what you're talking about lol since it used to show up.
Time for a change, maybe? :p

Lady, I like that 'faith' signature thingy at the bottom of your posts. Thanks for posting it. It keeps me focused :)

Yeah, me too. Sometimes.. it feels like it's really all I have that keeps me going.

ladyforsaken said:
Yeah, me too. Sometimes.. it feels like it's really all I have that keeps me going.

Well Lady, cherish it always if you can. its better to have something to keep you going than nothing it all. Stay strong. We all think about and hold you dearly here.

I found it on photobucket. I loved how the photo is a girl in a pretty dress and leaning up against the wall. That's what I was doing half the time when I went to High School dances.

It's just me playing my guitar, this pic is 3 yrs old already. Music is the one of those very few things that save me from making really bad decisions about myself.

I found mine online.
It was inspired by the Grateful Dead song Ripple.
My title "there is a road, no simple highway" is from this song.

[youtube]gK0-XtMzRo8[/youtube]

Latest posts

Back