Why Did You Choose Avatar/Sig/Name That You Did?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brian said:
My avatar is Dr. Horrible. He's got a PHD in Horribleness.
I love love love love love Dr. Horrible's sing along blog. Best musical blog, ever!

Mine is the cover of System of a Down's self-titled album.

About My Avatar:
"She tosses her head back in laughter as he holds her hands in his. The playful wind picks up the corners of her Dior coat and they glide through the Parisian square, Place de la Concorde. Their bodies pull toward each other and then arch away. He balances on one foot with careless ease, with all the grace of Fred Astaire on roller skates. This iconic 1956 image of fashion model Suzy Parker and her unlikely male counterpart Robin Tattersall epitomizes the theme of theater and illusion that penetrates Richard Avedon's work. In fact, on the other side of Avedon's lens, nobody is roller skating, there is no trace of wind and the couple isn't even moving. When medical student Robin Tattersall walked into Avedon's studio to do some part-time modeling to help pay for school, he didn't realize a proficiency in roller skating was a job requirement. After many failed attempts to skate through the streets of Paris, the photograph was ultimately turned into a still image, with both models balancing in place. It is not the wind that picks up the corners of Parker's coat but very thin cables tied to each end. The theatricality in the image of Parker and Tattersall on roller skates is also evident throughout the whole body of Avedon's work. For the care that he took in contriving his pieces, Avedon was as much a director as a photographer (b.1923–d.2004).

0CI355A said:
^^ Hehe you copy pasted that from your bio! :) Awesome, though.
I did! Thanks. Here's more for you:
Suzy_Parker_photo.jpg

~~Suzy Parker (b.1932~~d.2003)~~

Mine's a bread basket with some good ol' local bread in it. It seemed to fit the somewhat generic-and-off-the-bat choice for username I took for myself as I joined the forums.

My avatar is just a raven silhouetted by the moon. Ravens and crows are solitary for the most part. A flock of crows is called a murder of crows, but the do not flock all that much. They are bright, intelligent birds whose cry is baleful, mournful in nature. They are carrion birds that clean up the mess predators and nature leaves behind. As a social worker it seems I spend my days cleaning up the carnage of people's lives. I figure it makes me something of a crow myself, hence the avatar.

Thought I posted in this thread, searched and guess I didn't.

My avatar is a page from the manga "The Crows the Girl and the Yakuza", I really liked that page a lot along with the passage that reads "Even if you're born as a 'weak' being, there's no need to lament", I thought it was a pretty good short story.

From wiki:
"The Crows, the Girl and the Yakuza" (カラスと少女とヤクザ)
Originally published in 1996 in Monthly Afternoon.
A lone yakuza member takes refuge from a gang war with a young woman who seems to have formed a strange relationship with crows. During his time with her, he comes to reconsider the course of his own life.

Prince Zuko.

Forced to stand and fight against his own father, The King, at a young age, he was violently attacked and cast out of the Kindgom, forced into exile. The scars of his childhood are easy to see. Away from everyone and everything he had ever known. He wandered the world, lost, driven by his anger, he learned to be stronger, meaner, and crueler in an attempt to regain his honor. Consumed with rage to the point of self-destruction, he finely honed his skills until he became more than a formidable enemy for anyone unfortunate enough to cross his path. Eventually, he realized that he didn't need to regain his honor, instead, he had possessed it all along. He follows no one and always blazes his own trail without a second thought. As time passes, he comes to peace with where he came from and how it made him who he is. He chooses to fight valiantly on the side of good.

A crazy homicidal rabbit.

Says a lot about me, don'tcha think? :D

It's from a psychological/horror manga called Doubt

Mine is Chihiro, the protagonist of "Sen to Chihiro no kamikakushi", one of my favorite movies.

Alaric said:
...it seems I spend my days cleaning up the carnage of people's lives.

nothing to add.
just. this.

(i wish i knew when it stops. seems like i have been traversing the same lines for years now, in tightly clinched cycles of hopeless helplessness against this.)

Mine is a painting called 'Despair' by Edvard Munch, the same guy who did 'The Scream', of which it is a variation.

Latest posts

Back