Why do people leave ALL?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some leave because there's too much nonsense and narcissism going around at times, with some users being way worse than others and taking up all the space. People can only take so much of that before they tire of it.

I left for a while late 2008 when I had a girlfriend. I stopped fooling around on forums altogether and focused on real life for a change. Now I pretty much live to fool around on forums. There's no better to connect with lots of people at once. Many have told me to step outside once in a while, but to what end? What would I do? Beg and plead for some mediocre position somewhere that has me competitng with thousands of other applicants. I've got too much of an inferiority complex for that. I only play games where I am skilled and have a decent chance of winning, else I don't bother.

I wish the ALL could be more like ALL, that is the whole world become a place full of humbled people living a lonely life and being supportive to one another. Our ability to turn a blind eye to evil is really quite staggering. There is a lesson here for everyone to learn, and I wonder how wicked and terrible that world will become before they learn it. If things even work out for me the way I hope, then this place has my deepest blessings.

Whenever I need advice or look to contribute something in a topic that's similar and relative to my own personal life alongside issues, I too look to come back here from time to time also. Just not always on a constant basis. I'm still new here mind you.

I’ve taken a hiatus from ALL and for me it was a combination of wanting some down time and real life nonsense soaking up whatever free time I had, I guess a lot of other people go through the same and it’s no comment on the state of the forum. People are fickle creatures at the best of times, I came back to catch up with some friends and to see what’s going on, I wish I had more time but life isn’t always as plain sailing as I want it to be.

This.

Lost Drifter said:
I’ve taken a hiatus from ALL and for me it was a combination of wanting some down time and real life nonsense soaking up whatever free time I had, I guess a lot of other people go through the same and it’s no comment on the state of the forum. People are fickle creatures at the best of times, I came back to catch up with some friends and to see what’s going on, I wish I had more time but life isn’t always as plain sailing as I want it to be.

nietzsche said:
I've been on ALL for over one month (I admit that it's not very long), but have noticed dozens of nice people leaving for good. Most of them come because of their loneliness. They seem to be happy here at first, saying that they finally found the right place, and then, they disappear suddenly. Someone may say that we are different and have different needs. Some may leave because they were hurt (usually unintentionally) by other members. Whatever springs to mind, I can't find the answer to such a high drop out rate. It's puzzling. Why does it happen then? Can someone do something to change it?

It could be that, all the discussion about loneliness is not good for them and they need a break. Could be for personal reasons, and maybe they just forgot about it, and remembered.

Badjedidude said:
People leave ALL because it no longer serves a function in their life or no longer gives them whatever additional support (negative or positive) they're seeking.

And that too.

because they come here expecting better and are pissed when they realize that all internet forums are the same.

3 parts troll
2 parts chud
1 part nazi
2 parts kindergarten
2 parts middle-school lunchroom

Phaedron said:
I left for a while late 2008 when I had a girlfriend. I stopped fooling around on forums altogether and focused on real life for a change. Now I pretty much live to fool around on forums. There's no better to connect with lots of people at once. Many have told me to step outside once in a while, but to what end? What would I do? Beg and plead for some mediocre position somewhere that has me competitng with thousands of other applicants. I've got too much of an inferiority complex for that. I only play games where I am skilled and have a decent chance of winning, else I don't bother.

I wish the ALL could be more like ALL, that is the whole world become a place full of humbled people living a lonely life and being supportive to one another. Our ability to turn a blind eye to evil is really quite staggering. There is a lesson here for everyone to learn, and I wonder how wicked and terrible that world will become before they learn it. If things even work out for me the way I hope, then this place has my deepest blessings.

This, was my reason too. And I think Phaedron's said it well enough for me.
Gotta admit, the forum's changed a lot. It was such a different atmosphere back then.

Trent said:
because they come here expecting better and are pissed when they realize that all internet forums are the same.

Actually, out of all the forums, I been on (which was quite a few over the years), this one is the most one I feel I belong. It's a forum that fits me well and can relate well with others.

People leave because they realize that lonely people can't help them with loneliness. They can only console them, or relate to them (for the most part)

Trent said:
most everyone can relate to a little troll, chud, or nazi.

it's fairly common.

It's gotten better around here believe it or not.

Not sure what a chud is. :D

Here, I've seen really nice people argue with each other and say not-nice things, and I found it quite upsetting :(

I like to keep checking up on here often, but it's quite rare that I post now... I feel that I can't really help anyone as when I try I don't think I usually succeed :p Everyone always finds some reason as to why I am wrong or naive :<

I am here to stay... But i do agree with Sophia about the idea of transiency (is that a word? :p)

Thomas] said:
Here, I've seen really nice people argue with each other and say not-nice things, and I found it quite upsetting :(

I like to keep checking up on here often, but it's quite rare that I post now... I feel that I can't really help anyone as when I try I don't think I usually succeed :p Everyone always finds some reason as to why I am wrong or naive :<

I agree. especially the part where I try to help others but can't. I don't have good social.communication skills.

I used to be here a year or two ago. I used to dwell on my faults/problems so much, and almost every post I had made was a complaint/rant about how my life sucks. People try to understand. After awhile. Everyone and myself got fed up, and I decided to leave. For at least 6 months. I don't dwell on my problems/complain so much, becuase I know people don't like constant drama. It can really wear someone down, including the one who is cuases it.

I try to be more couraging/cheerful.

Thomas] said:

I am here to stay... But i do agree with Sophia about the idea of transiency (is that a word? :p)

Dear thomas,

As long as whatever you say is heartfelt, why should it matter the opinions of others?

Sincerely,
Soph

Latest posts

Back