Why do people tell me to get laid?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedstoneOf1976

Reaction score
I have had a few freinds say I'm too stressed out and uptight and need a fluid change. Well guess what! I have always been like that so get over it!
It seems to me they think its as easy as you can just go to the corner store and get a little bottle of instant release from all your worries.
(Almost sounds like drugs, no?)

It's just not going to happen. Period.

My guess is they tell you because getting laid is a fun and enjoyable activity, and they wish for you to be able to participate in the good times as well. Much like when you see a good movie, you tell your friends to go and see it so that they too might enjoy it.

Limlim said:
My guess is they tell you because getting laid is a fun and enjoyable activity, and they wish for you to be able to participate in the good times as well. Much like when you see a good movie, you tell your friends to go and see it so that they too might enjoy it.

I'm pretty sure they are not asking for me to join in a three-some.

I know I'm nuts but bad things can result from one night stands. I really, REALLY don't want to go down that path. And I am also sure that I can't even go through with it.

As a 53-year old woman, with quite a bit of life experience, I am going to give you an opinion that others may not like--but that's just too bad. Telling someone to "get laid" because they are uptight is stupid. It simply means that they don't know the meaning of what making love is, and think you can ease your tension by just "getting off." There are many ways to release tension without bringing another person into the picture. And, when you do make love, it should be special--the two of you should care about each other. I think the phrase they are using is one that a lot of people use just to rudely answer you if you say you are uptight or having other problems. OK, now, anyone that reads this, challenge me!

Were you snappy at them? People say that in general because sex usually releases tension. It has nothing to do with making love.

Masturbating releases tension too. ;)

Some people are just insensitive, don't want to discuss/or deal with someones problems, or think "getting laid" is a cure all. It's not. Just like drinking, it's not a cure all, it only makes things better for a time, you still have to deal with life.

Of course it's not a cure-all. But usually when people say that, the person they say it to was rude to them or snappy at them. It's not said, for the most part, if you're happy and bubbly with rainbows and unicorns.

WishingWell said:
As a 53-year old woman, with quite a bit of life experience, I am going to give you an opinion that others may not like--but that's just too bad. Telling someone to "get laid" because they are uptight is stupid. It simply means that they don't know the meaning of what making love is, and think you can ease your tension by just "getting off." There are many ways to release tension without bringing another person into the picture. And, when you do make love, it should be special--the two of you should care about each other. I think the phrase they are using is one that a lot of people use just to rudely answer you if you say you are uptight or having other problems. OK, now, anyone that reads this, challenge me!
Wouldn't dare,as one who's been around the block a few times,I whole heartedly agree!

I don't think anyone has ever said that to me. :( Guess I don't come off as someone who "needs to get laid". I don't know if that's a good thing or bad thing... Usually I'm not cranky in front of people if I'm in a bad mood, just oddly quiet, so maybe that's my problem. :D LOL

No one has ever said that to me either. If they did, I would have a reply that would shut them up, believe me! However, like Sci-Fi, I keep my feelings to myself when I am not in the best of moods.

VanillaCreme said:
Were you snappy at them? People say that in general because sex usually releases tension. It has nothing to do with making love.

I only tend to be snippy with people if they invade my 'safe zone' or are just plain stupid and don't treat me with common courtacy or respect.
Well one friend in paticuler says that I want to hook up with someone deep down and she says to get off my high horse and get it overwith. During my weak moments I slip and would think about having someone to vent my grief to and just give me a gentle hug but the thought passes and I carry on.
Don't get me wrong, I love woman. I think they are fascinating creatures but I don't want to get buried in B. S. that come with relationships. I already have too many things on on my plate right now and dont have time or energy for a realtionship. I'm having hard enough time keeping my friends.

Latest posts

Back