Why do women carry a purse and not just a wallet?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wannabeXL

Reaction score
If the purse is big enough to fit a book or two, I can understand how convenient carrying a purse can be since a book obviously can't fit into your pocket. However, I've seen purses that are so tiny I'm surprised a wallet can even fit into them. I seriously don't understand: what is the purpose of carrying a purse like this? It does nothing but serve act as an unnecessarily gigantic (but fancy) wallet, and you might as well carry your real wallet with your bare hand.

Jesse said:
Skorian said:
Why do we guys carry wallets and not purses?

What would we put in purses? Tools? lol

mmm becuase if you had ever been with a woman...you'll know
men get's to hold on to or carry your woman's purse anyway:p

Every so often if you're bored ...you'll actually look into her purse
and think about putting on her lipstick and powder your nose...lmao

Purses are considered female and wallets are considered male. Some guys carry cycle bags. That's the male equivalent of the purse. I'm not sure what the female equivalent of the wallet is.

luciddisconnect said:
Purses are considered female and wallets are considered male. Some guys carry cycle bags. That's the male equivalent of the purse. I'm not sure what the female equivalent of the wallet is.

I think women also carry wallets, in there purses.

Lonesome Crow said:
Jesse said:
Skorian said:

LMFAO

I actually prefer to carry wallets most of the time.. cuz it feels soo useless carrying a bag with nothing but a wallet and a few other small items I probably wont use. And yes those tiny purses are just retarded. My sister had one and I tried fitting a pen and my wallet into it.. but it wouldnt fit..
Also my friend had the biggest wallet ever which wouldnt fit into her purse (which would always be small) so when I decide not to carry a purse I'd end up having to so I can carry her wallet..

Sanal said:
Lonesome Crow said:
Jesse said:
Skorian said:

LMFAO

mmmm....I've never considered sholving a tampon up my penis though.
I thought about it...OUch!!! ouch !! Ouch!!!!:(

what's cool about me woman's purse is...if I hit the fucken jackpot.
She can hold all the money. She gets mug ....not me.

Back in the dayz we used to sneak crap loads of candi and booze into the movies.
She can carry the fucken bong too...lmao

I used to carry just a wallet for years. But it started to irk me when I stopped wearing pants, and started wearing those flowy skirts. It was the kind with a chain to hook onto your pants and put in your pocket. I had worn it on my wrist for a while, then got a jean tote bag and a smaller Betty Boop wallet.

Screw this gender specific crap. I'm a man and I carry a purse.

It's more of a leather bag with a shoulder strap but I tend to tell people it's my purse.

I only carry it to work. It contains my bills, wallet, various documents, a USB drive and a list of people to kill that give me a hard time about my purse. :rolleyes:

Ok first of all......women LOVE handbags! I am an admitted handbag freak, I am always looking at purses. So there is more to it than just the utility of a bag. I personally have tried all sizes of handbag, but tend to like oversized expensive handbags. Second, surely there has been an instance when you have been in need of some odd item and the girl with the bag has itand most everything else in there. Third, damnit I tend to love purses that are $800 and totally unaffordable to me.....so I have to find a knock off!
Purses are mysterious and you never know what will be found in one.......

ledchick said:
Purses are mysterious and you never know what will be found in one.......

Looks like the secret's out.

2208816398_9582fc9e6f.jpg

Edit: This message has been edited for obviously offensive content. What's obvious to most isn't obvious to me, but otherwise it's pretty obvious.

lol i die everytime i have to look for something in my purse its take FOREVER to find anything.

"Screw this gender specific crap."

This. I don't understand this thread at all. People put their stuff in different things. Some of them look/are dumb or impractical, some aren't. The end.

(yeah, I'm kind of cranky today, sorry.)

skippy said:
"Screw this gender specific crap."

This. I don't understand this thread at all. People put their stuff in different things. Some of them look/are dumb or impractical, some aren't. The end.

(yeah, I'm kind of cranky today, sorry.)

The piont of the thread is ..we're tryin to see truth.
The truth is all women keep a couple of miggets in their purse.
That's the purpose of a purse....

Latest posts

Back