Why is it so hard for me. . .

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

Peaco

To talk to other females? On this site I find so many interesting and cool woman and yet I can't bring myself to message any of them. Its like I can only talk to the guys on here and yet in real life its the complete opposite. Can anybody explain this?

no... i cant tbh

i can talk to girl and talk to pl easy on the net(here) and everywhre on the net but not in real life :(

Peaco said:
To talk to other females? On this site I find so many interesting and cool woman and yet I can't bring myself to message any of them. Its like I can only talk to the guys on here and yet in real life its the complete opposite. Can anybody explain this?

Hmmmm you only do what you allow yourself to.
P.S, I'm a girl so...not really true

Try this, and I mean REALLY try this.

Try telling yourself frequently that you CAN. You CAN. You CAN.

Maybe you are subconsciously afraid that the "she" might really be a "he". It's the internet, you never know if a 25/w/f might really be a 45/w/m sitting in his food stained wife beater in his mothers basement.

When you say "talk to girls" do you mean chat them up? Because it seems to me if there’s any reason for this than its the fact you consciously or subconsciously associate girls with dates and relationships and that. This puts more pressure on you when you go to speak to a girl. If your straight and I am assuming you are then guys are not a problem because you don’t want to sleep with or date them, so if a guy is mean to you on here you just block them and move on, however if a girl does then its a rejection.

That’s my theory. Does it make sense?

Stop worring, there aren't any girls on the internet. (hehe)

Ok really, what I mean is, just assume that everyone is male. You have a barrier, use it. Most other people do, why not you? Then after great conversations with a person, you'll find out that they're a girl, and it's ok because you've already established a great relationship.

And really, the internet is very impersonal... Might as well take advantage of that too, and "think" that these people aren't really "real" anyway. You'll most likely never meet anyone here IRL and anything you say shouldn't end up as a rumor IRL. The internet can be seen as a very safe outlet (if you're not sharing your personal information) and that's why a lot of socially awkward people like the internet. I know people that have more internet friends than I've ever had IRL, EVER. Chill out, stop getting all up in your head about it, and ******* chat. Enjoy yourself, we're all friendly here, for the most part. :D

Latest posts

Back