Would anything be different?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Avaron

Reaction score
When I'm alone, which is the majority of my life, I often turn to dark thoughts. This one thought in particular interested me, and I wanted to know if anyone else had similar thoughts or intakes on this.

If I had never existed... if I had never been born... would anything in this world be different? People? Places? Events?

I often feel that nothing would change if I had never existed.

Well.. of course.. every action you do, it affects other people in various ways. Maybe a tiny event of your life, some thing you do, puts some person you do not even know to a series of events that change their life in a big way. If you do not exist, of course this thing would not happen. To consider most people, maybe the effect to the whole world is not so big. But effect to individuals, who knows? To consider every person you had interaction with your whole life, direct or indirect.. so many possibilities exist..

(I am sorry for nonsense of my post)

But being reserved and keeping to yourself most of the time really wouldn't make a huge difference, right?

Like, if I wasn't there for a person if she/he needed me, then someone else would have taken my place in that incident?

If you feel like your presence on this earth is not suficent, the answer is simple. Start doing more things, learn to connect with others, figure out what good can you contribute in this world.

Simple, yet hard to figure out, I know. How can you do all this things? You are gonna have to search for the answers...

In the big secheme of things...NO
People are borned, live and die everyday.

So you might as will live and be happy. Do whatever you wanna do

I agree with what Fox said. It's the butterfly effect - there are lots of things we do that affect others and we'll never know. And then there are the things we do do - in your example you didn't help someone out, but think about the times you have helped. Even in small ways.

Besides which, I imagine things would have been very different for your parents and family had you not arrived... :)

OTOH, I think it's natural to wonder about this. Don't most of us question this at least once?

Yea, maybe I'm lonely, but I do make a lot of impact on lifes of others.

Latest posts

Back