Would you date/marry someone with ginger hair?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Red heads, both male and female, can be attractive as well. It's a little ludicrous to think that the color of ones hair determines whether or not a person is objectively attractive. I think the whole "ginger hate" thing is just a stupid bandwagon that's more or less begun to degrade. I love gingers, and i'm proud of it :p

Ero said:
I think the whole "ginger hate" thing is just a stupid bandwagon that's more or less begun to degrade. I love gingers, and i'm proud of it :p

*cheer*

I didn't even know there was still a "ginger hate thing". I thought that went out with witch-hunts and such, lol. I guess idiocy is a bottomless pit.

I've heard of redheads being attacked or teased relentlessly. I have fortunately never experienced anything like that but that is really sad.

Alana said:
I've heard of redheads being attacked or teased relentlessly. I have fortunately never experienced anything like that but that is really sad.

Oh. I didn't know it was actually an issue like that. I thought it was just an internet joke which I never really got. Yes, that is a shame.

Alana said:

What ridiculousness! I never knew of this. What the hell, though.

Yes. Hair is irrelevent really.

If you dis ginger hair then you're dissing Chuck Norris.

Ginger hair predujudice still alive and kicking in the real World,I got teased and ridiculed from early on in life in junior school,high school and at work,still do,because of having ginger hair.

I had an english teacher in junior high school who told us how she was bullied because of her red hair. I guess it is british thing and maybe american thing? Never heard anyone being bullied because of red hair where I live. Does it maybe have something to do with people having some old rooted prejudice against scottish and irish people?

To answer the orginal question, red hair color is actually very attractive but hair color is in the same level of importance when it comes to marriage as is eye color. Doesn't really factor the question at all.

Frostburn said:
I guess it is british thing and maybe american thing? Never heard anyone being bullied because of red hair where I live.

I live in America; never heard of it happening here either. In fact most people I've known would say red hair is very attractive and desirable. But hate is universal and bullies will target anything different, so I'm sure some redheads in America have been bullied about their hair. I wouldn't say "ginger hate" is a thing here though. I never even hear people use the word "ginger".

Tiina63 said:
Yes. Hair colour is irrelevant.

^ Agreed.

Frostburn said:
I had an english teacher in junior high school who told us how she was bullied because of her red hair. I guess it is british thing and maybe american thing? Never heard anyone being bullied because of red hair where I live. Does it maybe have something to do with people having some old rooted prejudice against scottish and irish people?

When I was growing up in the Seventies, no one used the term "ginger." They were simply called "redheads," like "brunettes," or "blondes," etc. I honestly had never heard of the term "ginger" to refer to people with red hair until 2005 when South Park did their "Ginger Kids" episode. I can say that I had never heard of a single incident of abuse against someone with red hair until after that episode ran.

I can't say with any accuracy that abuse had never occurred before that episode aired, but I know that the South Park episode fueled at least one incident of hateful violence just last year in Yorkshire. You can read about it here.

It's strange to me because when I was a kid, one of the most popular child stars at the time was a kid named Johnny Whitaker; a red-headed, freckle-faced kid with cute cheeks who appeared in a ton of commercials, and at least two TV shows. Red hair was not a frequent occurrence back then, but I never saw any of my red-haired friends abused like I see now.

Something has changed since then, clearly, and it's horrible to me.

Alma lost her spoon said:
'Ging-er hating' is almost a national sport in Scotland. Sad but true.

Love the Minchin

Last week, Tim Minchin appeared on an "all-redhead" panel of the comedy game show, "@Midnight." Here's a taste:

[video=youtube]

I'm with a ginger now. His hair has dulled down since his younger years, though.

Hi guys,thanks for all the feedback. It would seem so far, that girls with ginger hair are HOT! Guys with ginger hair probably need a big bank balance or be able to do kung fu. Maybe American people are less prejudiced about it than English people .

Oh,and anyone noticed that suddenly there are adverts on here aimed at redheads ,wierd or what!

gabriel20 said:
Hi guys,thanks for all the feedback. It would seem so far, that girls with ginger hair are HOT! Guys with ginger hair probably need a big bank balance or be able to do kung fu. Maybe American people are less prejudiced about it than English people .

Oh,and anyone noticed that suddenly there are adverts on here aimed at redheads ,wierd or what!

You do realise I was joking in my first post there right?

Just checking.

Latest posts

Back