Would you want to disappear?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimberleykat

Reaction score
I have 3 questions...

If you could choose any approach you liked and be free from pain and misery and responsibility and consequence that might be ineluctable in real life,
would you want to disappear from the "world" you are living in?

If yes, how would you do it?

And if the way employed in your great mission of disappearing from "real life" was unrealistic to practise, do you feel happy at your illusion/fantasy of thinking about it?

As of now, I'm sort of recovering from the mess I grew up in. It's sort of like I'm learning to grow up all over again so I guess I wouldn't want to disappear now even if the pain and misery I felt was too much. I always tell myself it'll pass and once it's over I can look back and say I fought my hardest. The only reason that would make me want to disappear would be my controlling parents.

I'd just run away and leave them a note and pour everything I felt in it. I would tell them that even though you provided almost all of our basic needs such as food, water, and shelter, you forgot about love and that money can never buy real love. To be more specific, the love a parent shares with their son/daughter. This isn't only for romantic relationships; if you love someone, you gotta learn to let him/her go. Or at least just give him/her space to live their lives the way they want to as long they aren't doing drugs or killing people.

I like your last question Kim xD I'm a dreamer kind of personality. If ever I was to apply some sort of unrealistic escape from real life I'd choose to just stay in some kind of video game like Monster Hunter or Pokemon xD I am soooo weird, I know :p And I would absolutely enjoy fantasizing about it. Being a Pokemon master has always been my dream since I was 7 years old :D

kimberleykat said:
If you could choose any approach you liked and be free from pain and misery and responsibility and consequence that might be ineluctable in real life,
would you want to disappear from the "world" you are living in?
the only approach I know is to fight any problem right away and move to the next. Sometimes it's hard, very very hard, but it's the best approach to me

I dont want to dissapear.

One time I tried this thing called Salvia. It is a dissociative. When I did it, I wasnt part of reality anymore. I was litterally sucked out of the universe. Anyone who has never tried a dissociative probably doesnt understand what I mean, but believe me, you don't want to feel like that.

I don't ever want to feel like that again.

I like to be a part of reality, and I enjoy being corporal.

I dont want to die.

Sometimes I think it would be cool to be invisible so I could sneak around and punch guys in the crotch or tickle women in inappropriate areas...

....but to disappear entirely? No, I'd rather not. :p

Sometimes I feel like I'm close to disappearing as it is, most people do not even know my name. If I wanted to disappear completely, it would be fairly easy if I could figure out how to get around the need for survivalist skills.

If I wanted to disappear in style, I'd just build my hermitage and become self-sufficient. Although it would've been nice if my land were on a remote tropical island, that was not quite in my budget.

I am happy that I have the option. If I ever want to be left in almost total solitude, that is a possibility.

eris said:
One time I tried this thing called Salvia. It is a dissociative. When I did it, I wasnt part of reality anymore.

Salvia is fascinating. It is indeed a strong dissociative. I rarely do it, even though I have always had good experiences, because it takes a certain mindset to be prepared to truly leave reality. But when I die, I hope it is like a peak salvia experience, a joyous revelation, that would be the kindest thing that could happen.

JamaisVu said:
eris said:
One time I tried this thing called Salvia. It is a dissociative. When I did it, I wasnt part of reality anymore.

Salvia is fascinating. It is indeed a strong dissociative. I rarely do it, even though I have always had good experiences, because it takes a certain mindset to be prepared to truly leave reality. But when I die, I hope it is like a peak salvia experience, a joyous revelation, that would be the kindest thing that could happen.

I just cried, and said "im not real im not real im not real" over and over. And I had a hard time sitting up straight. I just wanted to go home to earth. Thank god it only lasted 10 minutes, or I would have went to the hospital. Ive done LSD a ton of times so I thought Id be prepared. I was wrong.

Hey kids, dont do drugs. They're bad, k.

I don't want to die. I mean, I accept I will eventually, but I don't want to end it myself.

There are times I've wanted to never have existed. If I had never existed, none of my problems would have either, and no-one would miss me because I was never there.

I wouldn't want to just disappear now - people would miss me, whatever I may think or feel. And I don't want to be responsible for those feelings in other people.

So I guess, when I feel like it, I just have to accept that I'm here now.

Have you ever imagined upping sticks in the middle of the night and living somewhere miles from home - maybe in the same country, but no friends, family, baggage from childhood or home or whatever. A completely fresh start?

I have fantasised about this. And then I realised - no baggage? Who am I kidding...

I have gone underground for about a yr-changed every thing about me-no one recoginized me.

I had no begining and I have no end

don't let your enimies (sp!!!) rent space in your head

I would love to just have a fresh start some where.
I would love to just move somewhere where I've never been and go out everyday and get out of my comfort zone and meet people.
I would love to just leave my past behind, and forget about it, so it wouldn't hold me back.
I wish this can happen one day.

If I could be erased from this world without the guilt of causing pain to my parents, then I would gladly do so. To be deleted, to fade to black would be most desirable. I feel that only then will my pain be erased. To quote Linkin Park:

"It's easier to run, replacing this pain with something numb
It's so much easier to go, than face all this pain here all alone"

Latest posts

Back