Yeah, another "Never had a girlfriend" post

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AnotherLonelyGuy said:
Stating general rules gives people a system of reference. When opposed to that system, they are faced with something they are trying desperately to avoid : RESPONSIBILITY. Of course it's your fault for what happens to you when dealing with other people, because, in our civilised society, YOU let it happen.

YOUR rules are not general rules. Who exactly are you calling irresponsible?

AnotherLonelyGuy said:
And, yes, for the record, I am only speaking on my behalf. I thought it was common knowledge that everyone speaks only on his behalf. Hopefully it will do some good for the ones lost in modern day liberal lies. It's time for everybody to grow up, even if they don't want to. Life has a way to teach people to mature, if they want to do something with it, instead of whining that the others are mean, they hurt their feelings or they aren't doing what these spoiled brats would want them to do.

I would recommend learning how to use words in such a way that you don't generalize everything if you don't want to be accused of something you SAY you aren't. You talk about maturity, but when anyone tries to counter something you say, you attack and insult. Then you end up contradicting yourself.

But hey, if you want to blame me (or anyone else) for whatever, that's fine. Go ahead. Just because you blame someone doesn't mean the blame is actually theirs.

ardour said:
Case said:
I don't see how your example of the woman with the jerk could lead any man witnessing this to be depressed or frustrated about his own lot in life. After all, she chose the drama-queen of a boyfriend, so she can **** well live with that decision.

These mismatches are everywhere though. It means you can't focus your efforts on those (you would think) might want you. The right match isn't right or he's lacking the one thing she needs/wants.

You're saying that seeing a woman who chooses to be with a mean guy somehow makes you unfocused? Can you not dismiss these "mismatches" and focus on other women who can be a quality partner?

Do I really look like I care about what I am accused of ?

Yes, I will always attack harshly anyone who contradicts me without having any arguments, except "because I say so and you'll hurt my feelings if you disagree with diversity". I don't give a honeysuckle about your feeling, bring me arguments. And no, stating that a minority does not comply to what I say is meaningless, it's not an argument, as generalization doesn't mean that 100% of the generalized category is so or so. It means that the majority is like that. As for arguments, just say you saw it in the media, say you read the news, say you saw it on the internet, just say something, not the same crappy line "how do you know, I'm not like that, you don't have the right to say that". I have the right to say whatever the hell I want as long as it's not an attack on a person or category of persons. And stating what I believe women want based on what I know is not an attack, I am not accusing them of wanting something illegal.

ladyforsaken said:
Hmmmmm I won't say anything more.. I think enough has been said here but I just want to add that perhaps the way you put your opinions and experiences makes you sound like a misogynist. Doesn't mean you're one... just how you put it across I guess.
I may sound like that for the ones easily-offended. It is not my purpose. And it is a very effective way to get a point across. It's irrelevant for me if people agree or not, it matters that they'll think about it, because it touched their feelings.

AnotherLonelyGuy said:
Do I really look like I care about what I am accused of ?

Blah blah blah, same old honeysuckle....

Yes, yes you do look like you care what you're accused of. If you didn't, you wouldn't be arguing it so....hmm, what's the word I want...."logically." :rolleyes:

AnotherLonelyGuy said:
ladyforsaken said:
Hmmmmm I won't say anything more.. I think enough has been said here but I just want to add that perhaps the way you put your opinions and experiences makes you sound like a misogynist. Doesn't mean you're one... just how you put it across I guess.
I may sound like that for the ones easily-offended. It is not my purpose. And it is a very effective way to get a point across. It's irrelevant for me if people agree or not, it matters that they'll think about it, because it touched their feelings.

Well I'm not trying to pick on anything here and I come in peace, but even if some of the things you have said in this thread "don't touch my feelings", I still feel they are a bit too general to say about women. As I said, I think I know what you're getting at, but it's probably how you bring it across and since you feel like you have something against the opposite gender, it kind of drags that into it and makes it seem like an attack or generalisation. There are ways to bring across one's point of view, and if you say you don't care how it comes across to others, then be prepared to have people disagree with you, instead of understanding and empathising with you. (Edit: Then again, I have a feeling you prefer debating things. *shrugs*)

Okay I'll stop it here. Good luck.

ardour said:
Unfortunately this has some truth to it. One of the women I work around sees her boyfriend every break, I think he's a student... but anyhow, he's one of the most cold, sullen faced individuals I've ever seen and he speaks to her with something close to contempt. Yet she's fawning all over him. Being quite a 'normal' person you would never guess she'd like this type of guy.

This is actually quite depressing, because it seems like being all-round decent, outgoing and positive doesn't guarantee anything or even increase your chances of finding more than friendships.

I would say that just because a girl seems 'normal' in a lot of circumstances, doesn't mean that she is the same in a relationship. Low self esteem in relation to how you think you look, or what you believe you deserve from a partner may not cripple other areas of your life but can lead to making very poor choices in partners, and putting up with all kinds of crap that seem quite astonishing in someone who is, let's say, very competent at work.

The thing is that a relationship where one person is putting up with shite from the other simply isn't healthy, and for a man to get involved with that is asking for - potentially - all kinds of drama.

It appears that ALG seems mostly to be talking about women he has shagged, and unless I have missed it, not in fact about any relationships he has had. Real ones, grown-up ones, ones based on mutual respect, liking, friendship, yes and attraction and chemistry. The kind of thing I suspect many men on ALL really want, not a few shags from a woman with relationship issues and very poor taste in men.

You get the wrong feeling about me. I'm talking about both relationships and women shagged. By relationships I mean the whole deal, moving in together, thinking of marriage and honeysuckle.
Playing the "us grown ups" card on me doesn't work. You have solid arguments or you don't. Mind games don't work.
Yes, Lady Forsaken, you guessed right. I appreciate you understand what I'm saying, instead of staying hung up on biases and lies, like others do.

And I will trash liberals and their lies.

I'm envisioning a semi-deflated raft, broken oars, and the thundering sound of a waterfall ahead....

WildernessWildChild said:
I'm envisioning a semi-deflated raft, broken oars, and the thundering sound of a waterfall ahead....

That's pretty descriptive I was actually imagining it and hearing it in my mind. Have you ever thought of writing a story or something? (I'm being serious, btw.)

AnotherLonelyGuy said:
You get the wrong feeling about me. I'm talking about both relationships and women shagged. By relationships I mean the whole deal, moving in together, thinking of marriage and honeysuckle.
Playing the "us grown ups" card on me doesn't work. You have solid arguments or you don't. Mind games don't work.
Yes, Lady Forsaken, you guessed right. I appreciate you understand what I'm saying, instead of staying hung up on biases and lies, like others do.

And I will trash liberals and their lies.

So, I take it you don't seem to care for the "what's good for the goose is good for the gander" type of thing? You seem to be entitled to your "opinion" that you treat as fact, yet no one else is?

I'm tired and I should sleep. My argument with you entered a loop. Do I have to repeat that what I am saying comes from my experience, from the experiences of people I know, from what I read in the media and on the Internet, from the arguments I hear at work, at the pub, or wherever there are arguments concerning relationships, even from studies(non-liberal studies, to be more specific) ?
You are tiresome. Are you very young ?

AnotherLonelyGuy said:
I'm tired and I should sleep. My argument with you entered a loop. Do I have to repeat that what I am saying comes from my experience, from the experiences of people I know, from what I read in the media and on the Internet, from the arguments I hear at work, at the pub, or wherever there are arguments concerning relationships, even from studies(non-liberal studies, to be more specific) ?
You are tiresome. Are you very young ?

I'm just wondering if you are trying to convince us that it's from your "experience" or if you're trying to convince yourself.

My age has nothing to do with it. But yes, I imagine being called on your contradictions and inaccuracies would be quite tiresome for you. :D

Oh God not this again... I avoided the discussions because of the constant arguing. ALG apparently some see your opinion as offensive and try not to make it sound so and Callie don't take it personally and try to keep a cool head.

We did seem to get some new information back there from our departed friend, unless I missed it elsewhere or just blanked out into unconsciousness at some point.

By real relationships he meant "the whole deal,moving in together, thinking of marriage and honeysuckle.".

I guess it really isn't fair to speculate as he cannot answer back, but it wouldn't be the first time a jilted ex-cop turns bitter (my cousin's a retired cop). . . Just a thought.

Latest posts

Back