"You don't know about anime or videogaming so we can't be friends"

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Callie said:
Being as you replied to said person, you already HAVE taken notice of them.

Sometimes, people just don't click, perhaps this was her way out and letting your down "gently." Not everything is about you, if she doesn't think you have ANYTHING in common, therefore you will not have anything to talk about, I don't see the point in having her as a friend anyway.
I have friends that talk about games and anime all the time, they know I'm not into them. I talk about things they aren't into as well. BUT, we have other things in common, therefore, we make concessions with each other.

Get over it.

I am over it but people keep bringing it up. To be honest I'd prefer if this thread was closed.

I bet if you stopped replying to people who post, it'll make it's way down the line. But as you keep responding to people, YOU are keeping it open too.

But I just want to put my side of the story forward. Why is everyone so against me on here?

Dark One said:

Well, that was coherent

CAS said:
But I just want to put my side of the story forward. Why is everyone so against me on here?

I ain't against anyone. I'd have to actually care to be against something. I'm just saying. If you have nothing in common with someone, then there ain't much of a friendship there.
And the fact that you keep replying to everyone that posts in here is only keeping this thread alive.

CAS said:

Most of them are probably just getting insecure and defensive, i.e., reading your post as a criticism of anime and video games rather than what it really is: a justified criticism of a "friend" who, as someone already typed, ditched you over two hobbies. I bet you if she had said, "You don't know about politics or punk rock, so we can't be friends," everyone would have sided with you.

flaneur said:
CAS said:

Most of them are probably just getting insecure and defensive, i.e., reading your post as a criticism of anime and video games rather than what it really is: a justified criticism of a "friend" who, as someone already typed, ditched you over two hobbies. I bet you if she had said, "You don't know about politics or punk rock, so we can't be friends," everyone would have sided with you.

Haha. Thank you my friend. At last, someone who talks sense.

And I know a shitload about politics and punk rock.

CAS said:
The person in question was a liar. She told me on several occasions she considered me a good friend. Was even willing to let me send a Christmas present over to her when all the time she disliked me.

She was not.

If anything she was completely, consistently honest. And if anything, she was extremely sweet and sensitive when you degenerated into profanity. She neither deserves the attitude you displayed to her, nor this slander you are now posting.

If you do not want this to be brought up, stop replying and ESPECIALLY stop insulting her. I'm already pretty nice and she did NOT 'ditch' you over these two hobbies, but over a general pattern of behavior that is completely inconsistent with the gentleness that she needs from people.

I don't usually care when people lash out if it makes them feel better, but the girl in question is a close friend of mine who definitely does not deserve this kind of treatment.

OK...this is obviously someone from the forum that CAS is talking about.
Cas: You have been warned about this before, and even banned a time or two for it if I remember correctly. DO NOT make threads about members here. Even if you don't call names, people generally STILL know who you're talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back