You know your lonely when

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Half past two in thé morning and thé pain is so bad that you carefully walk to and fro, knowing that lying down would be a mistake. You know it will get worse. It's very quiet and the toc toc of the crutches the only noise. At least you won't disturb anybody's sleep with it...
It's a hot and humid summerday and a massive thunderstorm is building up. You sit at the table, staring into the hills and play absent mindedly with a razor blade...
Midnight in the theater. You are alone. You close all the doors and turn up the sound system on fullblast until all thoughts are drowned by an onslaught of noise...
A rare day in the beachclub. Cold white wine and watching people enjoying the summer. You are the only one sitting alone...

when being ignored by someone you have never met on the internets and who couldn't be less important to your life, makes you sad

It's 7.59pm on a Friday and you're already in bed, because your bed is a giant hug that you don't get from anywhere else :(

This thread brought a tear to my eyes. I can relate to 95% of them. Most days being lonely doesn't bother me. But sometimes it does become painful (usually weekends). I do like to remain optimistic though. I'm sure eventually some day, good things will happen.

swflyers93 said:
When your longest conversation is with your cat.

That's... yeah, i can confirm it.

I guess, when it catches you off guard and it actually physically hurts, in the chest, stomach. Not a cat attack, but loneliness.

Eirene said:
It's 7.59pm on a Friday and you're already in bed, because your bed is a giant hug that you don't get from anywhere else :(

Ugh this is so me. I enjoy bed -- if I could only stay there all day.

When you take a few days off at work and everyone asks what you did, and the answer is nothing. Cause who would you do it with?

When you go to the movies and the cashier asks you "one ticket?" and you realize you're the only one going alone every time, in every movie.

Oh gosh! In my small town, 7 screen cinema, I see a matinee pretty much every Sunday afternoon and the staff know my face and don't even ask me anymore how many tickets I want......they already know it's gonna be just one.

You act as your therapist by talking to yourself when, your alone: Telling yourself whats really on your mind, mimicking the voices of people in your life, and giving yourself the entire story of whats been stressing you out.

constant stranger said:
Oh gosh! In my small town, 7 screen cinema, I see a matinee pretty much every Sunday afternoon and the staff know my face and don't even ask me anymore how many tickets I want......they already know it's gonna be just one.

And this is why I attempt to go to different cinemas or use the "self service kiosks".

When I go to the drive through at Tim Hortons ( coffee shop ) they know my order for one coffee and have it ready for me..

When you sit in a cafe under the pretence of wanting a coffee and getting ideas for books, when actually you just want to be around people and not sat in the house alone.

h3donist said:
When you sit in a cafe under the pretence of wanting a coffee and getting ideas for books, when actually you just want to be around people and not sat in the house alone.

that is so much what I do

Discussions with my self are SO normal! Then there's waiting on a bench at a mall for a movie showtime, fooling myself that I look like I'm waiting for a rendez-vous and noticing that I'm actually talking to myself.........in public. The social consensus probably regards that kind of thing as quite peculiar.

I'd really be 'round the bend if I started not caring if I seem peculiar....at least I still do try and hold back that muttering to myself thing, in public. Not that I'm out in public that much.

constant stranger said:
Discussions with my self are SO normal! Then there's waiting on a bench at a mall for a movie showtime, fooling myself that I look like I'm waiting for a rendez-vous and noticing that I'm actually talking to myself.........in public. The social consensus probably regards that kind of thing as quite peculiar.

I'd really be 'round the bend if I started not caring if I seem peculiar....at least I still do try and hold back that muttering to myself thing, in public. Not that I'm out in public that much.
I do the same thing, I am peculiar and I do not mind anymore what people think. I have been known to talk to myself and answer. Well I have even talked to trees. Mind you in my defense my faith is nature based ..But it can be quite lonely most times.

ladyforsaken said:
Oldyoung said:
When having discussions with yourself becomes a normality.

I actually do this a lot.

constant stranger said:

I find I talk to myself a lot. I always have. For some reason it helps me work through things more clearly than if my thoughts stayed all jumbled up in my head. I can usually get away with talking to myself in the basement without anyone overhearing me, but it is embarrassing whenever that happens because I always get "SkaFish, who are you talking to?" Sometimes I talk to myself when I'm out on walks or on my bike. I guess it's a bad habit, but like I said, sometimes it helps to say what's on my mind.

Latest posts

Back