Your Favorite Bands?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Ataris, Rufio, Juliana Theory, Further Seems Forever, Starting Line, NewFoundGlory, Saves The Day

Fleetwood Mac, Eisley, Booker T & the MGs, the Chambers Brothers, Strawberry Alarm Clock, Jefferson Airplane, Ohio Players, the Commodores, Kool & the Gang, Kent, Eva and the Heartmaker

Evanescence, slipknot, coal chamber, lacuna coil, static-x, opeth, seether, within temptation, arch enemy
and not a band but a god michael jackson :D

Amon Amarth, At The Gates, Behemoth, Candlemass, Dark Tranquillity, Edge of Sanity, Gojira, In Flames, Naglfar, Nine Inch Nails, Opeth, Psycroptic, Scar Symmetry, Summoning and Therion.

Just a fragment of the bands that I love. Surprisingly (or not?) almost all of them are Swedish. We simply make alot of kick ass metal over here. :D

Hmmm... Well as far as bands go...

Gwar, Origin, Cripple Bastards, Cynic, Necrophagist, Death, Obituary, Napalm Death, Cephalic Carnage, Pestilence, Nasum, Stormtroopers Of Death, Dirty Rotten Imbeciles, Sodom, Kreator, Suffocation, Dying Fetus, Impaled, Deceased, Death Angel, The Crown, Callenish Circle, Brujeria, Ghoul, Atheist, Abscess, Demolition Hammer, Fearless Iranians From Hell, God Dethroned, Gorelord, Hate Eternal, Jungle Rot, Leviathan, Macabre... Hell too many to list.

I like your music taste Unacceptance. :) If you like Cynic and Atheist, maybe you've heard of Martyr and Augury? Really good, but less well-known, technical death metal bands from Canada.

Nasum kicks ass too. I'm listening to their song "The Smallest Man" right now, it's such a blast. :p

I know Martyr, but not Augury. Might have to check'em out. That was just bands though. I also listen to a lot of underground rap and jazz.

So what do I know...

There's a lot of different songs and bands that I like, but my favorite band is Nine Inch Nails.

BLACK FLAG, m.d.c. STAR ******* HIPSTERS, Caribou, INTRO5PECT, THE GASLIGHT ANTHEM, FLOGGING MOLLY, DROPKICK MURPHYS, DEAD KENNEDYS, STREET DOGS, LEFTOVER CRACK, WIRE, BAD BRAINS, THE CLASH, THE EXPLOITED, The Fall, Animal Collective, LEATHERFACE, SEX PISTOLS, JOY DIVISION, GANG OF FOUR, THE SMITHS, SEND MORE PARAMEDICS, RANCID, The Misfits, FEAR, Iggy and the Stooges, The Adolescents, The Germs, STIFF LITTLE FINGERS, The Buzzcocks, Mclusky, Agent Orange, The Replacements, Manic Street Preachers, Fugazi, Battles, MGMT, Morrisey, New Order, The Ramones, x-ray spex, Jawbreaker Interpol, Choking Victim, B.R.M.C, Magazine, The Descendents, Sonic Youth, The Stranglers, Gang Green, Liars and all classical music.

Mostly bands from genres like shoegaze, sludge, experimental, IDM, post-punk, post-rock, hardcore punk, thrash, grindcore, noise rock, new wave, no wave, ambient, avant-garde, drone, powerviolence, free jazz, minimal, classical, psychedelic, space rock, hip-hop, old school rap, math rock, and dream pop.

math rock is that a band or a genre?

wha defines math rock?

sorry i'm critizing i'm just curious :)

evanescencefan91 said:
math rock is that a band or a genre?

wha defines math rock?

sorry i'm critizing i'm just curious :)

Its no problem at all evanescencefan91.

Math rock is a genre and I can't explain it better than what Wikipedia has written on it.

Whereas most rock music uses a basic 4/4 meter (however accented or syncopated), math rock frequently uses asymmetrical time signatures such as 7/8, 11/8, or 13/8, or features constantly changing meters based on various groupings of 2 and 3. This rhythmic complexity, seen as "mathematical" in character by many listeners and critics, is what gives the genre its name. Musically, math rock derives from other rock genres, including rock, heavy metal, progressive rock, and punk rock.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Math_rock

Here is an example from math rock wizards, Battles.

[youtube]OUSY77UI-J4[/youtube]

Feel like I'm gatecrashing the thread as this is my first post out of the new members forum :rolleyes: and I wish I could list cool bands like you all, but here is my 2 cents :p

Andrew Bird (lucky enough to see in concert in November, although I was at the back, big crowd *shudder*)
Cathy Davey
Ben Folds
Devics
Flaming Lips
Ane Brun
Elliott Smith
Emily Jane White
Kaki King
Nick Drake
Rufus Wainwright
Sufjan Stevens
Wilco
The Decemberists

I love the sort of slowness and dream like quality of them all

Nine Inch Nails, Rammstein, Cradle of Filth, Static-X, Mushroomhead, Dog Fashion Disco, Polkadot Cadavar, White Zombie, Rob Zombie, Powerman 5000, Anti-Flag, Karnivool..

Turmion Kätilöt, Ruoska, Rammstein, Children of Bodom, Kalmah, Cradle of Filth, Dimmu Borgir, Satyricon, Zonaria, Arch Enemy, Amon Amarth, Diablo, Apocalyptica, Behemoth, Lamb of God, Divine Heresy, etc... more along those lines. I also listen to industrial when I'm in more of an upbeat mood, or drunk- either works ;)

ohh man. too hard to pick one favorite.

Loads of grind so the locust, crimson curse.
crust: skuds, iskra, man the conveyors
thrash:total ******* destruction
(early)hardcore: gorilla biscuits, sub-zero, agnostic front, bulldoze.
and limited heavier deathcore stuff, like cattle decapitation and tteotd.
i'm starting dig alot more experimental-punk stuff, like Warsawwasraw and the Mutators.

Latest posts

Back