zen learnings

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

I've been studying zen/taoist teachings for almost two years now.  But it's only recently that I've realized the reason I pursued these teachings.  I wanted enlightenment/fulfillment/wholeness.  In less esoteric terms, I wanted to be able to live life and enjoy it...to just experience it fully.  I think that's the reason why most of us are driven to this forum.  Underlying each story of hopelessness or hopefulness, of joy or despair, is the desire for living life.

I pushed so hard.  there were times when I felt feverish after trying so hard.  I racked my mind trying to figure it all out; how to live life.  "This is how I'm supposed to think" and "This is how I'm supposed to act."  I wasn't experiencing life, I was just too busy trying to experience it.

Some of you may be wondering what the hell I'm talking about.  

It's the struggle.  How many here struggle, even desperately at times, to live life?  How many here stay up at night trying to figure out what to do, what to change, what steps to take?  

I'd like to share a poem:

I am perfect and whole
Therefore,
No feelings needs straightening
No mind needs fixing
Nothing needs change
When all this is realized
Everything is changed

When we realize we're perfect just the way we are we stop trying and start doing.  We stop figuring out how to live and start living.  In fact all our efforts to live really distract us from living.  Unfortunately many of us scoff at the idea that we're already perfect and that we've been so right from the beginning.  We have to keep working and figuring it out until...well...I guess we're someone different entirely.  But give it a shot and drop your efforts of "fixing" your mind and "straightening" out your feelings.  Take a chance and regard them as perfect just the way they are.  Regard everything around you as perfect; nothing needing change or interference.  This will free you up to really experience life.

Well these are some of my realizations.  hope it was of some use to someone.  

Latest posts

Back