How long do normal people stay single for?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remedy, thank you. I also know that when the right person comes along, they are going to snatch you up. Don't you give up either....I know this is so cliche, but the best things do come to those who wait... ((((HUGS))) and thanks again for your kind words...

Danielle's right, Remedy. You shouldn't judge your life as failure because you've never been on a date. That's silly. That type of thinking assumes that you can't be happy alone, and I just refuse to buy into that ridiculous notion.

----Steve

Badjedidude said:
Danielle's right, Remedy. You shouldn't judge your life as failure because you've never been on a date. That's silly. That type of thinking assumes that you can't be happy alone, and I just refuse to buy into that ridiculous notion.

----Steve

I think people are confusing few things. There is being "single", then "alone" and then the most devastating one "lonely" caused by loneliness in one' life. These are not the same, and certainly do not fall into the same category.

Most people I've meet in my life think, that being "lonely" is the same as being "single". Well, it is not. Why can't they see the difference? This lack of understanding drives me crazy at the times.

On the other hand I get these "oh, I am so sorry, really ..." when I explain to a person, that it is only me in my life, no family, etc. I get the impression that after me explaining to them my situation, they see me as a dead person? They give me all the "I am so sorry..." almost like saying "I am so sorry for your loss". But I haven't died not anyone died in my life recently. So, why the crap I ask you? And then they approach me like a living dead... What the hell is wrong with the society???

Sometimes I just want to stand up and shout to them "Helloooo???? I am still here, for fresia sake... stop treating me like a dead person just because my life is not as happy as yours and I am lonely".

Heh... I don't know...

Regards,

KW

kwilczynski said:
On the other hand I get these "oh, I am so sorry, really ..." when I explain to a person, that it is only me in my life, no family, etc. I get the impression that after me explaining to them my situation, they see me as a dead person? They give me all the "I am so sorry..." almost like saying "I am so sorry for your loss". But I haven't died not anyone died in my life recently. So, why the crap I ask you? And then they approach me like a living dead... What the hell is wrong with the society???

this reminds me of arj barker talking about how people respond to him when they find out he has no children of his own, they say, 'you cant know real love arj, you don't know love until you have your own children arj, so basically your loveless arj, you're dead on the inside arj, like some sort of undead walking ghoul arj'.. lol

what's wrong with society???

a whole bunch of stuff...

Badjedidude said:

----Steve

I'm sorry I know I shouldn't be but I will never be happy alone ever because like almost all my friends besides me are or have been in a relationship. So it's basically comes down to why can't I be in one? People always tell me that I should be happy alone like maybe I'm supposed to be alone forever I don't know. I will not sit here and accept that so many people who are jerks get to be in relationships and I cannot. I refuse to consider myself normal when everyone around me is in one and I have never been. Being loved is really a need and I refuse to be told otherwise. If it wasn't a need than why are so many people in relationships or have been in one?

Because those people think that they need to be in a relationship to be complete. They've got it wrong, too...but for whatever reason, they've managed to snag someone who is in the same boat that they are. That doesn't mean that you're "less" of a person or incapable of getting in a relationship.

It just means that you either haven't found anyone yet or you're not really trying. You can't just sit and wait for "love" to magically happen...you have to actively cultivate personal relationships with women, preferably as many as possible. Once that happens, I think you'll find that you're closer to a romantic relationship than you think.

----Steve

----Steve

Well I refuse to be told that being loved is a need. If there be a comely lass ready to be with this lonely spirit, then happy shall I be when that time comes. It's an eventual thing. Don't look at what others have and compare. You'll get there in time and then some.

It's unfortunate that this game of life doesn't play out in the same manner for everyone.

I have been single for about 7 years and had one girlfriend in my life so far for a few months but it just wasnt right so i unfortuanatly had to end it.

Feeling rather lonely now though, im just too darn shy around women i find attractive to do anything especially when im with a group of friends. :(

"How long do normal people stay single for ? "

There is a song by "The Smiths" that goes...

When you walk without ease
On these streets where you were raised
I had a really bad dream
It lasted 20 years, 7 months, and 27 days

And I know that, I know that
I never had no one ever

Now I'm outside your house
I'm alone
And I'm outside your house
I hate to intrude

I know I'm alone
I'm alone, I'm alone, I'm alone

And I never, never had no one ever
I never had no one ever

[youtube]/v/ILN6LVN1l4E[/youtube]

I thought normal people were never single. (backup boyfriend/girlfriend)

I thought normal people were born not being single (see prearranged marriages, especially royalty.)

I thought normal people were never alone. (Being busy and social leads to conformity. Isolation leads to unique independence)

I thought normal people were only adults because of their adultery. (the english language implies a dark rite of passage)

I thought normal people attended Orgies (See early Rome, among others)

I thought normal people worshipped rocks, trees, satan, and idols made with their hands. (including the computer god which provides more chances to look or connect with people having sex then walking down the streets of Sodom and Gomorrah)

I thought normal people were all among the 4.5+ MILLIONS listed in the adult personals sites, and millions more in a thousand other sites.

I thought normal people began most of their relationships in the bar.

Thats all I have for now...

Latest posts

Back