What book are you reading right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mermaid11

Reaction score
I have challenged myself to read 250 books this year and am actually enjoying the challenge so far. I love discovering new authors and genres of books. What book are you currently reading?

mermaid11 said:
I have challenged myself to read 250 books this year and am actually enjoying the challenge so far. I love discovering new authors and genres of books. What book are you currently reading?

That's a lot of books !

I'm reading 'The Second Half' by Roy Keane.

I maybe only read about 20 a year.

Good luck - at about 5 books a week that's quite a challenge!

I'm currently reading 'Memories, Dreams, Reflections' by Carl Jung.

I have many books on art and craft - I find vintage books to be an invaluable source of information, and contemporary works with well-printed digital photography are hugely inspirational.

The Complete Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi
Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azar Nafisi

The Sword of Destiny by Andrzej Sapkowski, from 'The Witcher' series that the games are based on and Theories of International Politics and Zombies by Daniel W. Drezner.

All of you are reading really great books, Stephen King is one of my fave authors. Yes it's definitely more than a bit of a challenge, I'm enjoying it so far :)

Bismarck - A Life - Johnathan Steinberg
Imperialism: The Highest Stage of Capitalism - Vladimir Lenin
Secret of the Veda - Sri Aurobindo
Britannica Great Books Kant - Immanuel Kant

Right now I need to concentrate on the Bismarck one since I'm the furthest into it along with the Lenin one because it isn't that long.

Triple Bogey said:
ringwood said:
The Bazaar of Bad Dreams by Stephen King...his latest collection of short stories, always a favorite of mine.

How is it so far ?

Decent so far. About 1/2 way through the book, haven't read any mind-bending 'WOW! That was genius!!' stories yet, but they're good. I love his books, but I'm a real sucker for his short story collections, always enjoyed them the most.

ringwood said:
Triple Bogey said:
ringwood said:
The Bazaar of Bad Dreams by Stephen King...his latest collection of short stories, always a favorite of mine.

How is it so far ?

Decent so far. About 1/2 way through the book, haven't read any mind-bending 'WOW! That was genius!!' stories yet, but they're good. I love his books, but I'm a real sucker for his short story collections, always enjoyed them the most.

I enjoyed 'Night shift' and 'Skelton Crew', his early short story collections.

I think my favorite Stephen King short stories would be 'The Mist', 'The Langoliers' and the one about stopping smoking which was genius.

Have you read 'Finders Keepers' ? - It's really good !

Latest posts

Back