A Question for Men

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WishingWell

Reaction score
Hi Guys!

Need an opinion on this for reference on seeking potential dates....

Would you ask a girl/woman out on a date who is about 15-20 lbs. overweight? This is after talking to her and finding out she has a great personality, is funny and is working on losing weight?

Or would you rather look for someone who is already slim or in really good shape, who you've talked to, but isn't really that interesting.

YOU HAVE TO ANSWER ONE OR THE OTHER...THERE ARE NO "NEITHER" ANSWERS HERE!

I've always been attracted to a persons personality more than looks (but I won't lie a bit of me is concerned about looks too). In terms of weight, if a person is aware of their situation and is working to change it and committed then that's good for me.

15-20 isn't a big deal for me. The girl I'm dating right now had a little bit extra when I started dating her, and when she started birth control she probably doubled that excess. She eats right though and works out with me (sometimes I text her when I'm doing my routine and she'll go do pushups and situps, rofl), and now she's actually thinner than when I met her and still making progress.

She's still freakin' hot. :D

I would rather ask out the woman with the personality and intelligence. If she's a bit heavier than the norm, oh well.

Done it before and will no doubt do so in the future.

Brain dead and slim is still brain dead.

Isn't that the truth Tex, I once knew a girl who couldn't walk and chew gum at the same time. She could do it while talking but couldn't if she didn't have her mouth going. It's a good thing she had her looks.

i wouldnt care how "hot" they are. if their personality sucks, i am not interested. 15-20 lbs isnt even that much extra anyway. with many people you might not even really notice that little of a difference because of the way they are built.

I'm more attracted to the face, especially the eyes. (A hot body is hard to resist, though.) Fifteen to twenty pounds isn't a whole lot, especially if it's in the right places. :p

edgecrusher said:
i wouldnt care how "hot" they are. if there personality sucks, i am not interested.
You got that right. I was set-up with an incredibly hot woman who had no personality. Not a bad personality...no personality at all. Two dates and out.

i would choose the overweight girl.

our society is so infatuated with physical beauty that it misses the real beauty within every single time. people only care to date and flirt with and give a chance on "love" to people who are physically fit. then we wonder why the divorce rates are so high? it's because people marry for things that will not last, like good looks.

Personality and sense of humor are definitely more important than what people look like, although I admit that the looks mean something too. But good looks doesn't mean that a woman has to look like a supermodel. I hope people would remember that we're all imperfect in our body and soul.

Tex Is Lost said:
Brain dead and slim is still brain dead.

Being a healthy size doesn't make you dumb just like being obese doesn't make you smart. I've seen some pretty dumb bimbos and plenty of gym rats who don't have a clue, but on the other hand some of the dullest people I personally know are soft of body and weak of mind. It's sad because they are thralls in all aspects of life.

She's a pretty neat gal, all in all.

She's made some mistakes and doesn't have the longest attention span because she's high energy (diagnosed ADHD, and I think her case might be genuine, but the fact still stands that it was one of the most over-diagnosed conditions of my age group), but she is smart, honest, and a total sweetheart.

WishingWell said:
Would you ask a girl/woman out on a date who is about 15-20 lbs. overweight? This is after talking to her and finding out she has a great personality, is funny and is working on losing weight?

15-20 lbs is nothing.

15-20 lbs?
Is that all?
You'd have to be two foot six for that small amount to matter.

Latest posts

Back