A silly phobia

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobby Z

Reaction score
Hi all, been reading for a while but finally decided to post here. Bit of background info I am a 20 year old Male from Australia and i work part time and study full time

Anyway I'm not sure what it is about me and social situations especially around females but i seem to have this fear/phobia of a girl(s) knowing that i actually like them. I'm not sure what it is but whenever a girl shows interest in me (I don't usually pick up on it, I have someone usually tell me because i am not the most social person) i straight away deny liking them, despite that fact i potentially really did enjoy their company, I am not sure why i do this but it ultimately leaves me feeling very alone and not liking my self because i cant simply admit something simple.

Anyway I'm entirley sure why i made this thread, maybe to get it off my chest or possibly see if there is anyone else out there who feels the same way.

Bobby Z

Welcome to the forum, Bobby Z.

I know where you're coming from, I think. It's about being scared of entering into a potentially uncontrollable situation. We all want to be with someone we really care about, but doing so opens us up to being hurt. The unfortunate fact is, most relationships end, and usually someone involved is hurt, but it seems we need to go through that a few times to know what we really want. It's daunting to get involved in a completely different lifestyle that way.

For what it's worth, I wish I'd thrown myself into a few more relationships, even completely inappropriate ones, and learned to be hurt and betrayed a few times. Perhaps I wouldn't be in the state I'm in.

Good luck!

Latest posts

Back