All you people who are lonely and join this site, but never post.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sola said:
I posted an intro, but I guess there are a few reasons why I hesitate to post the issues that are gnawing away at me inside.
First, I don't know anyone here well enough yet to know that they won't judge me or criticize me or advise me. It's scary revealing these things to a board full of strangers.
Second, it seems to me that I'm older than most people here, and few people here would understand exactly what I'm going through. And third, everyone has their own problems, it feels like mine would just make things worse, or sound like I'm just whining.

I am only a few years younger then yourself. There is a few ppl here in that age bracket now :)

ppl well judge yes, I mean am sure you have your own opinion about some of the posts on here. But I would hope that you would be understanding as well. I think most ppl on here are open minded enough to try and understand somebody else's place in life.

If any one says something that you consider out of order then that's why we have the report button and us moderators that you can PM to about what ever you like. Hopefully there well always be a way to solve a problem.

Skorian said:
Bluey said:
Outlawstarl337 said:
If you look at my accout i've only been a member for a day but i've been reading post here for about 3 mouths as a guest. I manly did that because i dont realy know how to start a online converstion, my spellings atroshis, and you could just say im socialy inept

Don't worry about the spelling. I have the worst spelling ever. Most ppl understand me and if they don't they normally do ask :) Its all cool.

I use spell check every time I post. And still get it wrong a lot of the time. It is not important just as long as its understanderble you well be fine :)

You do indeed have some very unique spelling :p :) :)

kwool init ;)

I am just glad some people feel the need to answer one of the 3 threads I made commenting on a lack of people talking :)

Good post Skorian, and Bluey I love your spelling:)
I'm finding it difficult to post, not great on the computer and it makes me feel stupid. I see avatars, signatures and quotes and I am clueless. I don't want to ask anyone I know for help as I want to keep A Lonely Life Forums to myself , not out of shame but I want this to be my own private place.
Sola, at first I was concerned about my age but as another thread stated loneliness/depression is not age related.

scotsgirl said:
I'm finding it difficult to post, not great on the computer and it makes me feel stupid. I see avatars, signatures and quotes and I am clueless. I don't want to ask anyone I know for help as I want to keep A Lonely Life Forums to myself , not out of shame but I want this to be my own private place.

People here will answer any question you have though avatars and signatures aren't needed to post and you can get the quote by pressing the 'reply' button under the post you want to quote.

Outlawstarl337 said:
I manly did that because i dont realy know how to start a online converstion, my spellings atroshis, and you could just say im socialy inept

I am a member of that club on all three points. Still your spelling is totally understandable. Bluey has different spelling also but i love the way he writes. It is like old english. None of these dumb confusing spelling rules. He writes the way things should be spelled.

Simplified Spelling Society

Minus said:
scotsgirl said:

People here will answer any question you have though avatars and signatures aren't needed to post and you can get the quote by pressing the 'reply' button under the post you want to quote.
Thanks, just need bit of support now and again.

Minus said:
Outlawstarl337 said:
I manly did that because i dont realy know how to start a online converstion, my spellings atroshis, and you could just say im socialy inept

I am a member of that club on all three points. Still your spelling is totally understandable. Bluey has different spelling also but i love the way he writes. It is like old english. None of these dumb confusing spelling rules. He writes the way things should be spelled.

Simplified Spelling Society

lol :shy: Thanks.. I write things how they sound which to me is logical. I am good at math cos that's logicol The english language is not logical at all. I mean what is the point of a latter if its being silent lol I mean what is that all about haha

Why are so many invisble and never post? It's time to shake the tree again.

Well then...

*shakes the forum tree*

*is hit by two falling members*

the treasure...is hidden in...

*faints*

Cheers =)

Skorian said:
SPEAK!!!!! So many people just read the site, but never say much of anything to anyone. As many as 60% of all the people who are regulars almost never say a word. Come on. It's not dangerous to speak. You must have something to say. It doesn't have to be rocket science. Start a thread about something or do a search and bring up old threads that were interesting. As long as people aren't name calling or shouting stuff is fair game. Everyone has to have an oppinion about something. You know it's not a crime to disagree... Silence is like a vacume that can quickly turn into a sucking void. All people have to do is make a sound of some sort to fill that void. Do we have to actually shake the forum tree to make people make a sound like ooaf when they hit the ground? :p

Well, Skorian.

I have a simple answer on your question. I don't like say/type something twice. And don't want to repeat something that is already my thoughts or even if my thought is in couple messages of other people here. In very rare occasions I do it. The End.

SunWeb said:
Skorian said:
SPEAK!!!!! So many people just read the site, but never say much of anything to anyone. As many as 60% of all the people who are regulars almost never say a word. Come on. It's not dangerous to speak. You must have something to say. It doesn't have to be rocket science. Start a thread about something or do a search and bring up old threads that were interesting. As long as people aren't name calling or shouting stuff is fair game. Everyone has to have an oppinion about something. You know it's not a crime to disagree... Silence is like a vacume that can quickly turn into a sucking void. All people have to do is make a sound of some sort to fill that void. Do we have to actually shake the forum tree to make people make a sound like ooaf when they hit the ground? :p

Well, Skorian.

I have a simple answer on your question. I don't like say/type something twice. And don't want to repeat something that is already my thoughts or even if my thought is in couple messages of other people here. In very rare occasions I do it. The End.

Might I ask why?

I post a little, but on the question about why people appear offline. I can't speak for others, but I was doing it because of my shyness I think partially, maybe also because in general lately people scare me (which feels utterly ridiculous to say, but still) I tend to sit in the shadows in rl and online and only put myself out there when I feel I should or I need to. But I've put myself so people can see me online now. Just this minute in fact.*takes away her hidey shadow*

People scare me because... my entire life growing up I was constantly judged, I never fit in... I was never liked for who I was, but left out cause of my differences. I never wanted to be like the others, I just wanted to be liked for me. Everyone I've ever cared about has turned on me or forgotten about me at some point, as if I was just some step on their ladder. Ex bf's just learned from me so they could apply what they learned to a new relationship, I've never been worth their effort but the new girl they barely knew always was. Every female friend (except may 2 out of dozens) has stabbed me in the back and only stuck around long enough to get closer to a guy I was with, or take something from me, then they're gone. No matter how much I've opened up in the past with people, they usually don't up to me, but they will to someone else. People I've thought were friends I've caught badmouthing me behind my back when they're all smiles and support to my face. I'm never worth anyones time or effort for long, I'm never quite good enough, but close (been told that so many times now) Even my recent ex said I was almost the one, but not quite.. it's like, people just don't like me around, and if they do, they get over it and then don't.

No matter how hard I try, no matter what I do for someone to help, to care, to support..I'm yesterdays news as soon as something better comes along. People scare me because whenever I'm around them, I end up feeling like nothing, totally invisible, unappreciated, not respected, and totally unwanted. I end up feeling like some leech they want to rid themselves of, or put up with till they can't be bothered anymore.

Hope...wow....you said what i always wanted to say all this time in my life...except, I just don't know how to put this in words....For me, I have already reached a state higher than you, a totally reflex action of spinning lies about myself, making excuses, not talking much... and in a total state of numbness...I just don't believe in friendship anymore.

Holy...Hope, your case is so similar to mine [or mine is
similar to yours @_@] that I am starting to wonder if we
have just been living the same life, but in different bodies
or some random explanation like that...you see:

[I separated your post to make things a bit easier,
hope you don´t mind]

Hope_Reigns said:
*Everyone I've ever cared about has turned on me or forgotten about me at some point, as if I was just some step on their ladder.

*Ex bf's just learned from me so they could apply what they learned to a new relationship, I've never been worth their effort but the new girl they barely knew always was.

*Every female friend (except may 2 out of dozens) has stabbed me in the back and only stuck around long enough to get closer to a guy I was with, or take something from me, then they're gone.

*No matter how much I've opened up in the past with people, they usually don't up to me, but they will to someone else.

*People I've thought were friends I've caught badmouthing me behind my back when they're all smiles and support to my face.

*I'm never worth anyones time or effort for long, I'm never quite good enough, but close (been told that so many times now) Even my recent ex said I was almost the one, but not quite.. it's like, people just don't like me around, and if they do, they get over it and then don't.

*No matter how hard I try, no matter what I do for someone to help, to care, to support..I'm yesterdays news as soon as something better comes along.

*People scare me because whenever I'm around them, I end up feeling like nothing, totally invisible, unappreciated, not respected, and totally unwanted. I end up feeling like some leech they want to rid themselves of, or put up with till they can't be bothered anymore.

All of the above points have, are, and will likely continue to be applicable to me. It has always been the same thing: the few
people who have been close to me, have done so because they
either:

a) are going through a difficult stage of their lives, and
therefore willing to accept anythi...anyone who can be their
shoulder to cry on, or b) have no other people to be with,
which leads to me becoming their "worse - is - nothing" token,
and ultimately to c) being totally abandoned when they either:

a) manage to overcome that difficult stage, or b) find someone
better than me, which is not hard as I have almost nothing that
I can give to others. As a result, I have started to accept the
fact that maybe I am just an empty shell destined to come and
leave without making any particular change.

I don´t know if it helps you at all, but I understand how you
feel...you´re not the only one :hugs:

SadRabbit said:
Hope...wow....you said what i always wanted to say all this time in my life...except, I just don't know how to put this in words....For me, I have already reached a state higher than you, a totally reflex action of spinning lies about myself, making excuses, not talking much... and in a total state of numbness...I just don't believe in friendship anymore.

I am also in a total state of numbness...being slowly devoured by routine and stagnation [as I seem to remember you read in my thread],
also devoid of any capacity or wish to believe in friendship anymore. It is something weird, because I´m not totally willing to die yet I´m not sure if I want to continue living in such a world either. Tiring, isn´t it?

Cheers =)

Skorian said:
Might I ask why?
I already answered. But if you want a little wider explanation......I think it is unexceptible to type exact thing that someone already wrote. Especialy annoying when someone want to ask about different oppinions and they read the same things on few pages.
Lets just say that oppinions are numbers then it is like : 1111211132211 So its like spam, aren't you agree ?

Latest posts

Back