Anyone else out there so single they just want to scream???

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Elona said:
I'm yearning just to be someone's number one for a change.

This describes exactly how I feel. I envy the people that care about someone more than anyone else, and that someone feels the same way right back.

What are the odds I find my number one? Tired of being single, with only myself to blame.

I just want some type of intimate connection. Someone to hold/be held by and I'm truly fulfilled. I don't even need to feel like a priority or anything like that. Prefer I don't actually, because I'm afraid of smothering. Just some intimacy whenever possible.

My heart is so full and strong at times. But no one is there to share in the energy, ever.

just found this thread, my answer will be:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

That's me very often... I am reading a book which helped me a lot to overcome the fact that I am not able to find joy without romantic love in my life... Well, needless to say that I have to practice hard if I want to succeed:rolleyes:.

I know about love. And that knowing makes me miserable knowing that it is so difficult to find someone who is truly on my wavelength.

So, I feel like screaming, if only metaphorically speaking.

Yes Loneliness hurts, its better to try and observe the feelings rather than engage with them. Small things make a big difference to the mind, perhaps joining a club where you have some interests would be a good step. Anyway, know how you feel.

Outcast said:
Elona said:
I'm yearning just to be someone's number one for a change.

This describes exactly how I feel. I envy the people that care about someone more than anyone else, and that someone feels the same way right back.

What are the odds I find my number one? Tired of being single, with only myself to blame.

This is how I feel too. I'd like to be someone's number one for a change too - though I guess that's just it - I need to keep on working towards being someone who would be someone's number one. But that's the easy part.

The hard part is finding someone who would be my number one. I can't imagine wanting to put forth any effort towards growing anything with anyone that I know I'm only going out with because I can't find anyone who is really what I want. And I know that there are girls who have it all. I have no doubt that the dating sites do work for people, but when I look, it seems that even the very best that I find around here are just average people with average interests and lives, no one I would actually be excited or feel lucky to date. All I can really do is keep working on me and keep waiting for someone that stands out.

Omg 👋 yes! I don't really go out and I'm so shy and awkward I don't think a lot of guys dig that. Who wants a girl that can barely hold eye contact, clearly every man I've ever met. I got asked out while I was in my garden last week and couldn't stop touching my hair and face like some mad woman, I just felt so self conscious and he was staring at me so intensely. I know it's my own fault, the thought of going on a date makes me want to eat my own face. I just wish I could bypass the awkwardness and get to know someone that was on my level and be happy! :(

Littlesecret said:
Omg 👋 yes! I don't really go out and I'm so shy and awkward I don't think a lot of guys dig that. Who wants a girl that can barely hold eye contact,

I think these traits are very cute. I hate them in myself, but find them delightful and endearing in others.

Eye contact is intense.

painter said:
Littlesecret said:
Omg 👋 yes! I don't really go out and I'm so shy and awkward I don't think a lot of guys dig that. Who wants a girl that can barely hold eye contact,

I think these traits are very cute. I hate them in myself, but find them delightful and endearing in others.

Eye contact is intense.

I wish more guys thought like you, I wouldn't feel like such a weird loser! :)
I would think most women prefer a shy guy to overly confident, I know I do.

Littlesecret said:
painter said:
Littlesecret said:

Eye contact is intense.

You're definitely not a weird loser. I love shy woman, the little things people do when they are nervous make me smile, and almost give me a small boost in confidence. A smart man will pick up on those things, I don't think they will hinder you in finding anyone at all ^^.

Of course the curse of being shy is that, well, sometimes nothing ever gets done. I guess that's why opposites often attract, or at least end up together. It's hard to find the important happy mediums sometimes. Too much of either trait can be difficult. Unfortunately I do think we're in the minority. Most people like honeysuckle music, honeysuckle films and are attracted to honeysuckle people xD Bitter? Yeah maybe a little, but I say it in jest.

Shyness is not just being afraid. It brings a whole bunch of other traits too, from empathy, self-awareness, humour (even if silent), and a delicate tact that overly confident people often lack. I trust shy people more. Shyness can hurt people too, usually through the shy person closing themselves in and possibly letting others down, but I know that it's not malicious, and I understand it. It's a lot more forgiveable than deliberately hurting someone.

Shy people are great.

Outcast said:
Littlesecret said:
painter said:
Littlesecret said:

Eye contact is intense.

You're definitely not a weird loser. I love shy woman, the little things people do when they are nervous make me smile, and almost give me a small boost in confidence. A smart man will pick up on those things, I don't think they will hinder you in finding anyone at all ^^.

Aww thank you! :)

painter said:
Of course the curse of being shy is that, well, sometimes nothing ever gets done. I guess that's why opposites often attract, or at least end up together. It's hard to find the important happy mediums sometimes. Too much of either trait can be difficult. Unfortunately I do think we're in the minority. Most people like honeysuckle music, honeysuckle films and are attracted to honeysuckle people xD Bitter? Yeah maybe a little, but I say it in jest.

Shyness is not just being afraid. It brings a whole bunch of other traits too, from empathy, self-awareness, humour (even if silent), and a delicate tact that overly confident people often lack. I trust shy people more. Shyness can hurt people too, usually through the shy person closing themselves in and possibly letting others down, but I know that it's not malicious, and I understand it. It's a lot more forgiveable than deliberately hurting someone.

Shy people are great.

Yeah I completely agree, I am most of the above. I do have a self-depreciating nature which sometimes can be detrimental as well as making me socially aware of my issues, which I feel some people lack.

When shy people shut themselves off from others I think it's to do with their own personal issues of not feeling good enough for that person, or out fear that they will say something and ruin a friendship they value and send themselves into a deeper state of shyness.

Yeah, I trust shy people more, all my closest friends are shy and they have never hurt me like previous extroverted friends .

I'm starting to feel like I'm just meant to be single. I feel terrified when I think about being close to a person.

Triple Bogey added a good perspective here. When you're single & lonely it is easy to imagine some ideal relationship in your mind & focus on it in yearning...but real life is not the ideal world. If you get into a relationship & it doesn't work out--& doesn't that occur more often than not?--then you'll have a whole new set of headaches, baby. God knows I've had a ringside seat for a marriage gone wrong, more than once, & every time I thought "That coulda been me...Christ on a pogo stick, I'm so lucky not to end up with her".

Singledom can be difficult, yes. But realize that everyone else wears a mask, not just you. Just because you see some young couple happily cooing to each other in public doesn't mean they're lying in a bed of roses.

As for me, I'm not even in good enough condition to think about a relationship anymore & ran out of patience for other people's foibles & flaws a lonnnnggg time ago.

When I walk past arguing couples I think 'thank god I'm not in a situation like that !'

I think we all should say 'we are looking for a nice relationship' not 'we want a relationship'

there is a difference. The few times I have been seeing somebody I haven't enjoyed it. Loads of problems, stress, honeysuckle to think about.

If a nice woman comes along then great, I'm not interested in anybody else !

I don't wanna scream, I just want to drink myself to death. But I NEVER drink alone, so i can't even do that :(

Triple Bogey said:
When I walk past arguing couples I think 'thank god I'm not in a situation like that !'

I think we all should say 'we are looking for a nice relationship' not 'we want a relationship'

there is a difference. The few times I have been seeing somebody I haven't enjoyed it. Loads of problems, stress, honeysuckle to think about.

If a nice woman comes along then great, I'm not interested in anybody else !

Why do you think I'm single ? And alone ? :club:

It takes a few years for a "nice" woman to come along.

The only woman I've been interested in years (I've been single for 2 years now), and I mean really interested in, 'cause I fell in love with her (falling in love unfortunately is not a choice) is unavailable, 'cause she's married. And faithful.

So, tough luck. That, and the fact I'm f-ugly with(and without) my broken teeth and my attitude.

I've been single for 2 and half years now...you just get that feeling everyday you wake up go to work come back that it just doesnt change. I have been putting myself out there going to meet ups for art when I can but I dont seem to make a connection with anyone through my interests. The closest I got to breaking the cycle was last October travelling felt like I was almost feeling something with someone holding hands...shame she lived on the other side of the world when not travelling and stopped replying to my messages last year. I haven't actually loved anyone these past couple of years though just nobody its like time has just erased all the feeling and its just emptiness.

It's so frustrating for a man to be in his 20s and single it is just a pain. Glad its got me doing things more now than moping over an ex who I still think about years after... I just wish it was easier to meet like minded women they are few and far between these days.

I haven't had a serious relationship in over 7 years. I'm almost 30, and after my last breakup (which involved my boyfriend cheating on me) I took some time to get over him. Then I was depressed, didn't go out much, and never really met anybody. I had a few dates, but nothing that led to a relationship. I really feel like it's my weight. I feel like I'm a funny, loyal, nice woman with a great personality. I have average looks, but my weight is higher. I've struggled it with all my life. Everyone in my life is married or seriously dating someone. Most have kids. It's incredably hard to go out and experience things alone that I would want someone by my side for. Everyone says "oh Sarah, your time will come, just wait and when your least expecting it". Of course they say this as they have a wedding ring on their finger, with their son on their lap.

Sorry for the rant. I guess the point of this post, yes, I do feel like screaming sometimes. Anyone else want to chat and can relate, send me a PM. I'd love to chat more.

Latest posts

Back