Anyone else out there so single they just want to scream???

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup.I have social anxiety and I haven't had a relationship in years.Loneliness really is the worst thing in the world.

Littlesecret said:
painter said:
Littlesecret said:
Omg đź‘‹ yes! I don't really go out and I'm so shy and awkward I don't think a lot of guys dig that. Who wants a girl that can barely hold eye contact,

I think these traits are very cute. I hate them in myself, but find them delightful and endearing in others.

Eye contact is intense.

I wish more guys thought like you, I wouldn't feel like such a weird loser! :)
I would think most women prefer a shy guy to overly confident, I know I do.

I've always found shyness actractive, but being shy myself, I often wonder how many people I've interacted with over the years where both of us were too afraid to make a move or give some sort of indication that we are interested in each other. If you think about it, it's one small hurdle. Once you get to know someone a bit then that shyness should quickly fade. At least in my case it's the fear of rejection that fuels my shyness, wether it's rejection because she is taken, or finds me unattractive, boring, not her type, whatever...it's still rejection and I've always avoided the possibility of it like the plague.

So fear not, just right her you've found several guys who like that trait, you just have to break the ice I think to get past that initial shyness and get comfortable.

I'm 34 and I've never had a girlfriend or a relationship. I've never spent a night with a woman. At this point in my life, the notion dating and relationships just feels like an impenetrable barrier I can never break through and about as remote as winning the lottery. For sure it makes me want to scream.

Listening to my few coworkers and friends talk about what things they do with their wives or hearing them complaining about tiffs they have absolutely breaks me inside.

mrairdrie said:
I'm 34 and I've never had a girlfriend or a relationship. I've never spent a night with a woman. At this point in my life, the notion dating and relationships just feels like an impenetrable barrier I can never break through and about as remote as winning the lottery. For sure it makes me want to scream.

Listening to my few coworkers and friends talk about what things they do with their wives or hearing them complaining about tiffs they have absolutely breaks me inside.

Hang in there buddy. Im 30 and in the exact same situation. In all honesty, Im looking at my situation, and I dont see light at the end of the tunnel. It seems like for me to get into a relationship there will have to be some sort of fluke accident, like getting stuck in an elevator for an hour with someone who actually would give me a chance. The odds of that happening seem so remote.

I have to admit recently the frustration has spilled over into anger. Im so angry at myself for letting this happen. I keep blaming myself...I dont know if justified or not. I guess for the last 5 or so years I just stopped believing women could ever be interested in me. It would mean the world to me if a woman ever said I was a likable person, even with no romantic undertones. As it stands, Im left to believe with my own willpower that I hold some value to the opposite sex. This is extremely difficult.

So I kind of gave up on love and forgot I was single until I fell for someone again recently. Im not sure if rekindling those feelings that was a curse or a blessing. Im going to do my best to make it a blessing.

Im not going to give up and neither should you. Im going to do everything in my power to find someone. So should you

It's pointless screaming.
It's more difficult than it used to be.
The only thing 'we' can do is accept it.
I'm not letting it ruin my life.
I know I am a nice person.
Shame women can't see that !

AmytheTemperamental said:
Screams of joy?

Quite the opposite.

I too know the pain of just wanting to scream because I'm single. It's just so crushingly lonely. I want to be with a girl who likes me, that'll make me scream with joy. I have heard people in relationships say that being single is great, well, it's not when you've always been single.

ThatZealousOne said:
Quite the opposite.

I too know the pain of just wanting to scream because I'm single. It's just so crushingly lonely. I want to be with a girl who likes me, that'll make me scream with joy. I have heard people in relationships say that being single is great, well, it's not when you've always been single.

Yeah I hate when people say that. I dont want to be in a relationship because Im unhappy. Im lonely yes but not unhappy. I want to be in one because it feels like Im missing out on a really big part of life. Being in love with someone is one of the best experiences you can have as a human if not the best.

Being in a relationship isnt for everyone, yes, especially people who want to still behave like they're single while in a relationship. Of course they'll probably be miserable.

I'm actually glad to be that single. After what I went through with my ex, I don't feel the desire to date for a while. I'd rather focus on myself and my kids and be the person I want to be, instead of trying to find someone to date.

Sometimes I like being single and the freedom, not having to compromise. But then there are moments and they are usually tied to times that are emotional when I ache to have someone.

TheRealCallie said:
I'm actually glad to be that single. After what I went through with my ex, I don't feel the desire to date for a while. I'd rather focus on myself and my kids and be the person I want to be, instead of trying to find someone to date.

I think for most people posting on here though it's about choice. I'm gonna make a guess that if you wanted to not be single, you could go out, date, and change your relationship status farily easily any time you decide you want to be in a relationship again.

kamya said:
TheRealCallie said:

I think for most people posting on here though it's about choice. I'm gonna make a guess that if you wanted to not be single, you could go out, date, and change your relationship status farily easily any time you decide you want to be in a relationship again.

Yeah, I could probably date, but anything serious would be harder because of the issues I have in my life.

Having a partner would add more stress to my life, so I quite enjoy singlehood. My loneliness stems from a lack of a strong social network anyway.

kamya said:
TheRealCallie said:

I dunno. A lot of people I see here seem to not want to be single but they're still single. Almost as if there is little choice in the matter. I myself don't want to be single, but getting a relationship seems to be the hardest thing in the world. Heh. That's why I don't think I'll ever understand anyone who says they are glad to be single. If anything it just irritates me, heh, no offence meant to anyone of course. I guess it's just jealousy. You know, almost like people are discarding something that I would see as valuable, that can be quite upsetting to see. Heh.

Ahh, don't mind me. Part comment on thread part rant. Sorry, don't mean anything by it but I feel I needed to say it.

ThatZealousOne said:
That's why I don't think I'll ever understand anyone who says they are glad to be single. If anything it just irritates me, heh, no offence meant to anyone of course. I guess it's just jealousy. You know, almost like people are discarding something that I would see as valuable, that can be quite upsetting to see.

If you knew what I went through in my last relationship, you'd likely understand more why I want to be single.
Add to that my kids who don't need more drama in their lives that me dating would bring and it's just not worth it for me.

I admit that sometimes it might be nice to have someone around to help out or comfort me or whatever, but there are more cons than pros of me having a relationship, so fresia that.

TheRealCallie said:
ThatZealousOne said:
That's why I don't think I'll ever understand anyone who says they are glad to be single. If anything it just irritates me, heh, no offence meant to anyone of course. I guess it's just jealousy. You know, almost like people are discarding something that I would see as valuable, that can be quite upsetting to see.

If you knew what I went through in my last relationship, you'd likely understand more why I want to be single.
Add to that my kids who don't need more drama in their lives that me dating would bring and it's just not worth it for me.

I admit that sometimes it might be nice to have someone around to help out or comfort me or whatever, but there are more cons than pros of me having a relationship, so fresia that.

I can get this totally. For a few years I was so happy to be single and would not have entertained a relationship. After what I had chosen to leave and been through I was so glad to be single. I can remember the moment it hit me I was on my own. I will never forget that feeling.

It's a different story now for me. But I am not unhappy single. I would just like to enjoy the company of a man who can make me smile.

TheRealCallie said:

I suppose so, but I don't know what happened to you, so I can't understand really. Heh, I'm not getting at you or anything I just, well, don't understand. For me even a bad relationship would be preferable to being single just so, you know, I wasn't single. That really is the point where I want to scream because I'm single. Heh.

Anyway, thanks for sharing. I may be ignorant, but I certainly hope I haven't come off as disrespectful or something. Heh.

ThatZealousOne said:
I suppose so, but I don't know what happened to you, so I can't understand really. Heh, I'm not getting at you or anything I just, well, don't understand. For me even a bad relationship would be preferable to being single just so, you know, I wasn't single. That really is the point where I want to scream because I'm single. Heh.

Anyway, thanks for sharing. I may be ignorant, but I certainly hope I haven't come off as disrespectful or something. Heh.

A lot of people don't understand, so I don't blame you for not understanding either.
As far as a bad relationship is better than no relationship. When you've been through abuse (both physical and emotional) for as long as I endured it, you wouldn't feel that way.
Be happy with yourself, be happy being you, be stable with your own life and everything that comes with it, including being single. When you get to that point, you won't feel the same. And honestly...and this is just my opinion...if you want a girlfriend so much that you would be willing to be in a BAD relationship just to not be single, then you aren't really ready for a relationship.

TheRealCallie said:
A lot of people don't understand, so I don't blame you for not understanding either.
As far as a bad relationship is better than no relationship. When you've been through abuse (both physical and emotional) for as long as I endured it, you wouldn't feel that way.
Be happy with yourself, be happy being you, be stable with your own life and everything that comes with it, including being single. When you get to that point, you won't feel the same. And honestly...and this is just my opinion...if you want a girlfriend so much that you would be willing to be in a BAD relationship just to not be single, then you aren't really ready for a relationship.

I suppose I wouldn't. I am lucky not to have been through anything like that.

Thing is, I don't like myself. Never have and I don't think I ever will. I would be quite happy with any small amount of intimacy and happiness I could get, because I don't have any right now so I figure anything is better than nothing.

Still, your opinion is noted. I appreciate the concern.

Latest posts

Back