Anyone here ever done pick up?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vanilla: If you believe that to be the case then it will be. I am getting into law of attraction stuff here (it's not 100% like that, but kinda like that). But I truly do believe that thoughts become things.

Understand, if you go to work and you are sales person and believe that you could only make $500,000 in sales for the whole year then it doesn't matter if you make $300,000 for one year. Your subconscious will pick up the weird turn and you will be right back on track to make $500,000. On the flipside if you see that the sky is the limit you are much more likely to make a great deal of money off of sales.

You become who you want to become by seeing yourself as that person. After you see yourself as that person you start to understand the actions that you must take in order to reach those goals. It's as simple as it.

Hauntyoueveryday said:
Lady: These are not assumptions. Most things that I have said are just behaviors that people tend to share. If you are upset by that then that isn't my problem.

Rodent clearly is out of his field here in this discussion. He just doesn't understand what I am taking about. Which is fine as I have put some nuanced thoughts on the table.

So if you are upset at what I have said then you are upset at reality. Because I am not making any of this up. It's up to you to take the pill or not.

Oh I can be upset with reality all right but I've managed not to be most of the time now - so let's not even go there.

I'm gonna stop beating the dead horse here and just ask you again, what would you like to achieve from this thread discussion from here on?

Hauntyoueveryday said:
Rodent clearly is out of his field here in this discussion. He just doesn't understand what I am taking about. Which is fine as I have put some nuanced thoughts on the table.

So if you are upset at what I have said then you are upset at reality. Because I am not making any of this up. It's up to you to take the pill or not.

Rodent (and the rest of us) are probably not getting it because you are running around in circles contradicting yourself.

What is YOUR reality is not the reality everyone else. What is YOUR truth is not the truth of everyone else.
Most, almost all of what you are saying is YOUR OPINION, it is not fact. If you think it is fact, show some evidence. And I'm not talking about some stupid youtube video, I want reputable studies that prove it beyond a doubt. If you can't provide those, it's not us that can't face "reality."

Lady: Read the title and you will get your answer.

TheRealCallie: Go look this stuff up yourself. There are plenty of books and articles written on this and subjects like this. I have nothing to prove to you. I didn't make this up. It's human nature. And if you can't accept that then that problems lies within you.

I did something you would call negging a couple of times, it worked, and why wouldn't it? If all a female gets is blind worshiping, it will be at least refreshing for her to get something less desperate for a change. Anything non ordinary gets more attention, that's just natural.
I'm not even a PUA, but sometimes "negging" is a natural response if you have an ounce of self respect.
Pick up has many natural things. So scary 1-10 evaluation is one of them, for example.

Also, you can preach that men and women are the same all day long (except women are better at communicating and men are more violent, of course), but that won't change a simple fact that they are different.
Women are way more emotional, this is a self evident fact.

amale said:

Actually, no. There are studies done that say men are more emotional than women. Check Google.
Even without the **** studies, I think quite a few would agree that men are at least as emotional as women. They just hide it more for one reason or another.

TheRealCallie said:
Actually, no. There are studies done that say men are more emotional than women. Check Google.
Even without the **** studies, I think quite a few would agree that men are at least as emotional as women. They just hide it more for one reason or another.

tumblr_lthhihJULx1r4alnuo1_500.jpg

It's not a bad thing that women are more emotional than men. Women have more emotional intelligence and grow emotionally quicker than men. And the end of the day while you do not want your emotions to rule you, you want to guide yourself with emotions, not logic to what you want in life.

Hauntyoueveryday said:
Vanilla: If you believe that to be the case then it will be. I am getting into law of attraction stuff here (it's not 100% like that, but kinda like that). But I truly do believe that thoughts become things.

I will believe in that. Because I'm not going to just believe in something in a book that someone tells me to read. If you formed your own thoughts on this matter, perhaps you wouldn't have such a hard time. And you really were talking in circles. Only when it was pointed out to you, did your words straighten up some into something the least bit coherent.

amale said:
I did something you would call negging a couple of times, it worked, and why wouldn't it? If all a female gets is blind worshiping, it will be at least refreshing for her to get something less desperate for a change.

I'm not even bothering reading the rest of that post. Because in one question and one sentence, I can clearly see the bitterness you have. Pitiful that some people let experiences that didn't quite go the way they wanted turn them into this pit of black tar. But you're not the first bitter person, and you certainly won't be the last.

TheRealCallie said:
amale said:

You are contradicting yourself. It's either with or without studies. If the studies successfully prove that A > B, you can't say "even without the **** studies, A = B". If you aren't sure that the studies prove anything, don't even mention it to back up your point.
You told me to google it, but instead I googled out a study which says that women are more emotional. So, either I'm better at google, or you ignored the studies with the results you wouldn't like.
And of course most of the time I am forced to hide it. I'm allowed to show my emotions only when it's "appropriate", and if an emotion is scheduled, it's anything but an emotion.

VanillaCreme said:
amale said:
I did something you would call negging a couple of times, it worked, and why wouldn't it? If all a female gets is blind worshiping, it will be at least refreshing for her to get something less desperate for a change.

I'm not even bothering reading the rest of that post. Because in one question and one sentence, I can clearly see the bitterness you have. Pitiful that some people let experiences that didn't quite go the way they wanted turn them into this pit of black tar. But you're not the first bitter person, and you certainly won't be the last.
Sure, be my guest. I must confess though, you're not the first internet telepath who clearly sees me through without much bothering, and certanly not the last one.

TheRealCallie said:
Seriously doubt you are better at Google than I am. Lol
So you Google ONE side of something? Lol, yeah, that's how you find facts. Nice try, though.
Considering that you indeed googled and proudly presented only one side of something, I'm afraid the final lol may be on you.

VanillaCreme said:
I will believe in that. Because I'm not going to just believe in something in a book that someone tells me to read. If you formed your own thoughts on this matter, perhaps you wouldn't have such a hard time. And you really were talking in circles. Only when it was pointed out to you, did your words straighten up some into something the least bit coherent.

Of course I've formed my own opinion on the matter. It's not from reading one book. It's from reading several books, several articles, going out there testing this stuff myself (that's a big part of pick up is testing this stuff out yourself).

If it appeared as though I was talking in circles I was just trying hammer down some ideas into you. But since they weren't being accepted in the way that they weren't meant to be I had to make them into high concept ideas.

Hauntyoueveryday said:
VanillaCreme said:

Of course I've formed my own opinion on the matter. It's not from reading one book. It's from reading several books, several articles, going out there testing this stuff myself (that's a big part of pick up is testing this stuff out yourself).

If it appeared as though I was talking in circles I was just trying hammer down some ideas into you. But since they weren't being accepted in the way that they weren't meant to be I had to make them into high concept ideas.

Well, you won't hammer any ideas into me. Nobody really can. I can think for myself. I'm not a weak-minded person. I don't, however, mind sharing ideas. At one point, I was genuinely trying to understand what you were saying. But once I did, I didn't really note anything worthy. It's just someone trying to believe in a reason why they haven't been successful in something.

kamya said:
Callie lets have a google-fu showdown. I think i could beat you. :O

Amale too. :)

Okay, let's go :club:

amale said:
TheRealCallie said:
Seriously doubt you are better at Google than I am. Lol
So you Google ONE side of something? Lol, yeah, that's how you find facts. Nice try, though.
Considering that you indeed googled and proudly presented only one side of something, I'm afraid the final lol may be on you.

I don't recall telling you what I searched for. It wasn't "men are more emotional," it was "are women or men more emotional." M'kay, thanks. I know how to research. I also never said there weren't other studies, now did I? Again, nice try...

Hauntyoueveryday said:

I'm sure there are also books and articles saying PUA is bad and/or damaging, is there not? So, just because it's in a book and there's a lot of articles out there, that doesn't make this honeysuckle fact.
As an example, take the Bible (not getting into a religious debate here). For Christians, it's their "facts," but to Buddhists and Muslims and Atheists, it's not fact.

VanillaCreme said:
Well, you won't hammer any ideas into me. Nobody really can. I can think for myself. I'm not a weak-minded person. I don't, however, mind sharing ideas. At one point, I was genuinely trying to understand what you were saying. But once I did, I didn't really note anything worthy. It's just someone trying to believe in a reason why they haven't been successful in something.

Good for you. I never insinuated that anyone here was weak minded.

Last time I checked, pick up was something created for men trying to get women, so in fact one could say that this subject simply wasn't for you at the start?

And you seem against the idea of pick up to begin with, so your last comment is clearly just a nice jab.

What I have gathered from this though that the opposite end of the spectrum is really no better than PUAs. Both sides firmly believe one thing and have been brain washed to an extent. I believe a good place to be is in the middle as I am not into any kind of dogma. But I must say that I rather be on the side that takes action over being on the side that thinks it's "silly" and won't date because of it.

TheRealCallie said:
I'm sure there are also books and articles saying PUA is bad and/or damaging, is there not? So, just because it's in a book and there's a lot of articles out there, that doesn't make this honeysuckle fact.
As an example, take the Bible (not getting into a religious debate here). For Christians, it's their "facts," but to Buddhists and Muslims and Atheists, it's not fact.

I am not sure but books. But I've read articles against PUAs as well and they all make good points. As I have state I am no longer in that community and see a lot of negatives. But I cannot ignore the positives that have been there.

At the end of the day though it is all theory. Just that I've tested these theories first hand and have seen the results. Plenty of others have too. Which is why all of this information is out there. There are no hard and fast rules about humans. But there are certain behaviors that men can do that women will respond to positively and create attraction or negatively and decrease attraction.

Hauntyoueveryday said:
But I cannot ignore the positives that have been there.

At the end of the day though it is all theory. Just that I've tested these theories first hand and have seen the results.

How are there positives? It demeans women. The guy who treats them more like crap is the big winner. Hooray! That sounds like so much fun. When's the next meeting so I can join up? <----And for all you people who can not understand this I am saying this sarcastically. I.E. I don't mean it. Thank you.

I would rather be alone instead of doing this to a woman who just wants to meet a nice guy.

Hauntyoueveryday said:
There are no hard and fast rules about humans. But there are certain behaviors that men can do that women will respond to positively and create attraction or negatively and decrease attraction.

Well yeah, but you don't need PUA to get that. The same can be said for any method you could use to find a girl, get a girlfriend or just have a one night stand.

BeyondShy said:
How are there positives? It demeans women. The guy who treats them more like crap is the big winner. Hooray! That sounds like so much fun. When's the next meeting so I can join up? <----And for all you people who can not understand this I am saying this sarcastically. I.E. I don't mean it. Thank you.

I would rather be alone instead of doing this to a woman who just wants to meet a nice guy.
Easy

For me there were several positives. I never treated women like crap and I am sure there are people who got into it who don't either. I've never been into that. In fact I have to say that I've gotten my feelings hurt more than I've hurt any women (I've slept with women who I've called and they never called me back, got numbers that flaked, set up dates that flaked).

But I was able to become more social. My social skills have improved immensely. This allowed me to meet more women, date more, and yes have more sex (granted not as much as I hoped but way more than I had in the past).

I got more confidence, I went to the gym and lost weight, I got into more real ways of self development (like reading books, law of attraction, visualization, self affirmations, and etc), I have become more of a fun person as well.

You and most of the people in this thread are just going off of what society has told us about pick up. And idiots like Julien Blanc do not help.

But once again I am not all for pick up and I am looking for better avenues to fulfill my needs.

As for your last part, why be alone when there is a way to at least take action? And you are assuming that all women ages 18-30 just want to meet a nice guy. Women like sex just as much, if not more than men. I made a mistake early on when I was dating this one girl. I assumed that she wanted a relationship. But she just wanted to have fun. Talk about role reversal! Hell there are women in their 30s and 40s who just want to hook up.

And like I said, women say they want a "nice guy." But what they really mean is that they want some one who excites them on some level, who is fun, good looking, somewhat childlike, not needy, shows pre selection, and provides positives emotions. Most "nice guys." Don't get laid.

TheRealCallie said:
Well yeah, but you don't need PUA to get that. The same can be said for any method you could use to find a girl, get a girlfriend or just have a one night stand.
You have to understand that most people who get into pick up are at their wits end. Right before I had gotten into pick up I had went on a date with a girl that I really liked and after going for the second date she didn't bite. Before that I had been dating this one girl and she decided to not see me anymore. Before that any girlfriend that I had except for one had dumped me. Anytime I had sex I had just gotten lucky.

I wanted to have more say in the matter ya know? That's what most guys want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back