Anyone there? Need a friend again...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Red914

Reaction score
Seeing if someone is available to talk to. Kind of had a slap-in-the-face moment again. Feeling tired and isolated and just not very special. Anyone awake at this late hour?

I usually am awake until round 8am cst. I work nights. Feel free to pm me! I don't have any friends on here and my brother is my only friend in the real world.

B.S.

Red914 said:
Seeing if someone is available to talk to. Kind of had a slap-in-the-face moment again. Feeling tired and isolated and just not very special. Anyone awake at this late hour?

What's up?

You know how situations "blow over" and people forgive you later? Sometimes, I feel like it doesn't work that way with me. People just don't seem to improve their opinion of me, even if it's the tiniest thing I did.

I know I'm being unreasonable, but it's just how I feel. On occasion, I make a bigger deal out of certain events that aren't that important.

Basically, I saw an FB status from one of my friends who wanted people to "drop her a line." Yet, when I sent her a chat message, she ignored me. In fact, she hasn't replied to any of them for a while now. And I don't believe my messages have been that frequent. Usually, they're just to say "hi."

But altogether it made me feel pretty low. She wants to talk to people, just not to me? Like I said, I'm probably overreacting, but all of this is a combination of different things.

But I'm pretty groggy from waking up and not sure what else to type at the moment. For now, I'm just hoping I can talk to someone and vent again. There's just something about me that rubs people the wrong way, and I don't understand what I do wrong sometimes. I'm not that good socially; I never have been.

Red914 said:
There's just something about me that rubs people the wrong way, and I don't understand what I do wrong sometimes. I'm not that good socially; I never have been.

I feel that way a lot, am I being perverted on here? Am I being stupid? I guess you can either worry about it or don't.

To put it in the best light, you might just be catching her at the wrong time. I often leave my skype open and I guess when I open my laptop just to check stuff quick before I go to bed and suddenly I've got 3 people going "morning!" and I'm like "f- off I'm exhausted"

But by all means vent :)

Well your first instinct may be right. Is she a real friend or a fb friend, because there is a very big difference? If she's a real friend, I don't think your blowing things out of proportion. If she's just a FB friend, then you need to realize the difference. She might have meant that for close friends which you aren't to her. Nothing to get worked up about.

Some people can be pretty picky with the people they want to hear from. You're probably better off without this so called friend.. I wouldn't even call this person a friend. :rolleyes:

*hugs* When you're feeling down it's easy to be sensitive and hurt. Maybe that FB friend was only looking for a person to talk to at a certain time and you missed that window. Maybe she wanted some to actually pick up the phone and call. Sometimes people ignore you not because of you, but because they are tired or busy, or all sorts of stuff.

Latest posts

Back