Are People Over-rated?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

SophiaGrace

Do you think people are over-rated? If so, why? If not, why?

I've often wondered this myself...

yes they are. mostly because they are not cats.

er... what rating did people get anyway?

you know how some people say, "i love people", "i'm a people person", "i love meeting new people".. etc.. is that for real?

people are good sometimes though, for a laugh, maybe some support and an ear, for entertainment..

but we are social beings eh.. so yeah we need em'.. just how much and how often varies..

hmm well i guess it depends on how people are generally rated

I think people are rated averagly and it seems fitting

if you I assume socializing and actually hanging out with people

well sometime maybe yes, of course i may be a bit biased because i do prefer to keep to myself a lot, but not all the time

hanging out with the wrong people certain people who don't do anything fun, ya overrated,

but to not feel lonely, which can really only be subdued by people or a lot of cats

is far from overrated

a lot of people are douches that the world would be a lot better off with but it seems due to our evolutionary biology of needing to live in groups to survive

our psyche needs and craves people

I hope you can find what you;re looking for

:)

*hugs*

Yea, I think they're overrated, people are too full of themselves and thinks they're the center of the universe, it's proven by the fact they think there's a point in life or that god created them specifically, or they're a special kind of existence, when they're just a slightly evolved monkey. I like monkeys though.

I think all the feelings that disconnect us from people or make us feel uncomfortable around them is over rated.

i've been thinking about that lately. I'll be around some one i don't know or haven't seen in a long time and seek ways to make myself buisy or avoid socializing with them. this is such a lame behavior. how is it humans can be so **** uncomfortable around eachother. we all eat, sleep, honeysuckle, fresia, and seek to satisfied all these needs it's pretty fuckin' basic.. i try to fight those feelings lately... I'll even find myself trying not to give a crap about uncomfortable silence.

if you ask me it's one of the best feelings ever to be able to be silent around some one. shows you both know eachother and don't mind just being in the same moment seperate yet connected

I think people are under-rated. at least in my reality. I'd like to think each person no matter how stupid or less intelligent they are then me actually have a massive world unto their own filled with it's own intriquices and inequities. unfortunately it does often seem i've been cursed with a large and diverse inner world, that has left me a bit less connected to everyone else. although when i study people who are social and have no trouble talking end lessly. i find they really just talk about whatever comes to their head. they just are missing that part of me that says... that's dumb... don't talk about that... don't say that...

unfortunately when i do speak my mind, often nobody has any idea what i'm talking about or doesn't care to know, or pretends i didn't say anything anyway...

I mean without people this forum wuldn't be here and you'd be the only thing that exists. I can relate to the feeling i think you are attempting to describe though. Being a loner myself... people are often not much of an attraction

Sometimes I feel that people ae overrated as it appears it does not seem worth to try to talk to a lot of them the way they carry themselves and some of the things people do and say without considering others.Yea..sometimes I highly doubt that people are worthwhile.

Yes other people are over-rated..

cause it' s :my::my::my::my::my::my::my::my::my: life :D

The question is meaningless in my opinion. We're all people here (I hope.) Do you think of yourself as overrated? It doesn't make much sense to think of something as overrated when it really hasn't been rated in the first place. Is the sky overrated? Is oxygen overrated? These things are everywhere and in abudant supply so they don't need to be prioritized. They just are what they are.

I think that people are terribly underrated, at least as individuals. There are so many people out there that deserve more love and appreciation than they're getting.

To me it's about how I feel and think about myself. My self esteem or self worth.
Basically anybody is just a human being just like me. No one is getting out of this life alive.
Everyone bleeds just like me. Everyone have challanges in life just like me.
Everyone have thier assets and liabilities. Everyone have thier talents and gift or something they
are good at, which they don't struggle with. Also at the sametime everyone has something
that they struggle with but might be easy for other people.

My insanity or sickness comes from when comparing myself with others and I'm competing
with other people. Comparing myself with others ...especailly my inside with other's outside
is really setting me up for a fall.

Thinking that others knows how to live life better than me or have the conner on the market
of living is an illusion or a big lie. Thinking that other people somehow have more answers, smarter than me
or knows more than is too a big..big lie.

So if I'm in a competition mentally...There's winners and losers.
Obviousely not everyone can be winners if you're competing. Someone has to lose.
Somewhere alone the line someone, somewhere is going to do something better than me...
This is were the rating/judging of people comes in....

Just like religion...if you don't belive like this..then you are a sinner.
It's about control through guilt and shame...
As if the fucken pope dosn't ever wipes his fucken ass.
My god is better than your god...this way is the right and only way.
Or people that dosn't beliving in a god say belivers are a bounch of loonie toons.
This type of mentally keeps people in a cycle of insanity, manipulations, control, comparing and competing.

So it bascailly comes back to loving myself. Being responsible for my own happiness.
Being accountible for my own thoughts, perceptions and feelings.
We are all free at the core to chose. It's knowing and being aware of this truth.

So yes...some poaple are overrated

SophiaGrace said:

Relative to my own personal existence I'd say people are overrated. I'm the dreamer of my reality and most of the time people just muck things up for me. But in general I think people are basically good.

no
people are like food and sleep to humans..we need them for good health..without them we die.

jales said:
no
people are like food and sleep to humans..we need them for good health..without them we die.

I dont think so, its likely that this stems from frustration at whatever situation your in and perhaps you find comfort in this as some sort of 'reason' as to why you are in this situation. Maybe youve had some bad experiences in the past and this has made you feel bitter towards people in general. I know I used to feel this way before.

My advice would be (and this is what I plan to do) is to explore your interests i.e. if you are into music work on learning an instrument, go to tuiton classes and you will meet people who have same interests as you. What ive realised is that all the friends I had in the past didnt really share any same interests as me and only thing we really had in common was school therefore after we left, there was no reason to stay in touch.

People drain me, confuse me, sadden me and outrage me.

But I still seem to want to know them, hence why I visit this website.

CAS said:

People provoke emotions; good and bad.

I am a 'people person' - I thrive when I am helping someone...my work, which involves helping others become motivated/confident in themselves & their own lives, fulfills me completely when I am there and I am the most happiest there.

People intrigue me, I am so interested in them. I'm a people watcher, if I'm on the bus I most certainly won't sit there being ignorant with an ipod and staring out the window but not really at anything. I will look at the people around me, see what they are doing, I always try guess people's stories in my head and wonder where they are going/what they are doing in life/what their ambitions are. Obviously I don't just sit and stare totally at someone to make them feel uncomfortable! Haha, that'd be creepy!

I don't think people are over-rated....some are, but then that makes it more worthwhile when you find people who are honest, open minded and considerate of others. :)

Animals are pretty good too. :p

SophiaGrace said:

No, I don't think so. People can be extraordinary! I've seen acts of kindness from people who have nothing to gain from it themselves. People produce works of imagination in the fields of art, philosophy and science, and works of technical brilliance that rival and very occasionally outshine those of nature. They are also driven by delusional tribal loyalties and interpersonal one-upmanship that we have to struggle to combat within ourselves and tolerate in others, but that's the challenge we all face. People can bring magic into your life if you can learn to put up with them...

PoWer2tHePeOpLE said:
yes they are. mostly because they are not cats.

...Though I'm inclined to agree with that.

kelbo said:
CAS said:

People provoke emotions; good and bad.

I am a 'people person' - I thrive when I am helping someone...my work, which involves helping others become motivated/confident in themselves & their own lives, fulfills me completely when I am there and I am the most happiest there.

People intrigue me, I am so interested in them. I'm a people watcher, if I'm on the bus I most certainly won't sit there being ignorant with an ipod and staring out the window but not really at anything. I will look at the people around me, see what they are doing, I always try guess people's stories in my head and wonder where they are going/what they are doing in life/what their ambitions are. Obviously I don't just sit and stare totally at someone to make them feel uncomfortable! Haha, that'd be creepy!

I don't think people are over-rated....some are, but then that makes it more worthwhile when you find people who are honest, open minded and considerate of others. :)

Animals are pretty good too. :p

I tend to stare out of the window at the passing countryside when on a bus. :p

I'm not a hugely sociable person.

Are people overrated? That's a good question and I guess the answer resides in how one person chooses to interprate human nature.

Personally, I think you can turn a (subjectively) two-and-a-half star person into a four just by taking them at face value. I honestly believe that unto themselves, most individuals would absolutely relish the oppertunity to demonstrate the best of themselves. It all goes a bit haywire when you throw pride, status and all of the other superficial clutter into the mix.

What I'm trying to say is that maybe it's best when evaluating the human race to try and do it one at a time.

Latest posts

Back