Are there any others here with food neophobia?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

murmi97

Reaction score
Any picky eaters here? I'd love to know I'm not the only one who has trouble connecting with people because of my issues with food newness, texture, and some nonsensical things too. Usually it makes me feel like a little kid again when I can't eat something, whether they are cool with it or not.

Oh you poor thing. I've never been forced to try that. You really have my sympathy there.

Ew, I feel the same about liver.

I don't have neophobia, but I am a bit of a picky eater because I'm sensitive to taste, and I also have a sensitive stomach that can't handle certain things. Not to mention I'm allergic to milk.

I have felt a bit sheepish and apologetic on rare occasions, when I've been with a group that all wants to eat something or order from a restaurant I can't eat at... like I'm spoiling their good time. It's never been a huge deal though. A compromise can usually be found.

Well, I don't exactly have food neophobia but I am a vegan and I'm always afraid of accidentally eating any animal products when it's something I didn't cook myself. I sometimes feel a bit left out when my family decides to have a non vegan meal like ordering pizza. I don't want to join them of course but I definitely feel like an inconvenience to them sometimes because I can't just eat anything.

My friends are pretty good about it but sometimes I feel bad that they feel bad that all I can order at certain places are lettuce and potatoes. But yeah, food isn't exactly something I can connect on with people who can't stop telling me how much they love steak but I can with people who are open minded about food because I really love cooking lots of yummy vegan things.

Ha I'm disgusting then. Not a favorite but yes, I'll eat liver no second thougsomething.hts. Yeah, I'll die young or

Well...

I've eaten frog legs, rabbit, squirrel and turtle. I think I could manage the liver if I HAD to - IF I could get past the awful taste. :p

Latest posts

Back