are you the one?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peaches

Reaction score
I made a decision, not sure if this is a success story or not, but it seems a positive commitment, so I will post it here:

I would like very much to have a man friend, but I think I am always too vague and never really friendly, because I am terrified of looking too eager, and like this I end up being rude or cold with the cutest and nicest guys who deserve it the least. Also, if I really meet somebody good for me, how do they know that I am not like that and that it is just a cover?

So, last week I decided to treat every guy I talk with (except those who I really can't stand) with the warmth and gusto that is usually reserved to communications with one's best friend. I am not sure if it is working, or if it is supposed to work anyway, but at least I feel better with myself, because my true personality is expressed a bit more. Tah-dah!
(as long as I don't sound like a psycho, treating strangers as they are my best friends...)
hope I can keep it up for more than a week
Tah-dah!

Even if you don't know it's working when someone is kind and friendly to even a perfect stranger it can go a long way to lift their mood. They will remember it and tell others about the psycho friendly woman (lol). Plus it makes you feel good as well so there are pluses all around.

You have nothing to lose and everything to gain by being nice to people. It's only when we have expectations set high, that we are disappointed when our acts of kindness go unnoticed or get no gratitude.

It's to give not to get. Just give and be kind for your own benefit, it make you feel good. Of course, sometimes its easier said than done, as we want people to notice our going out of our way for them, etc. But in the long term that reasoning just creates stress, at least it does for me. My own experiences teach me the less I expect, the less I am let down, and more positive things and more abundance flows into my life. :)

Well, doing something is better than nothing! I hope you have success with your goals!

Latest posts

Back