Asking a shy guy out

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiger lily

Reaction score
I know that guys are attracted to confident girls, independant who are not overly clingy yet still affectionate. Is this still the case for shy guys? I'm guesing it would be , its just i am quite shy yet I want to ask a guy out who I know is much shyer than me, will he be put of by my shyness if i approach him and appear silly or will he appreciate me asking?
He seems like a nice guy. Age wise mid 20s.

theres only one way to find out. i am a guy that is that shy and i can tell you that i wouldnt think that its silly. i would think its cute.

I'd just expect him to be very surprised about you taking the first step. I'm sure it will go smoothly, best wishes!

Awwww i think it's really cute when a girl likes a guy and actually WANTS to ask them out. :p

Infact i think there is a very high chance he will take you up on the offer, he may even secretly like you and/or be genuinely looking for a girlfriend but doesnt know how to go about it because of his shyness or just finds it really difficult. Might even just be scared of rejection for whatever reasons.

Im a very shy guy and i would love to be asked out by a girl. I say go for it Tiger Lily. :)

Tiger lily said:
I know that guys are attracted to confident girls, independant who are not overly clingy yet still affectionate. Is this still the case for shy guys? I'm guesing it would be , its just i am quite shy yet I want to ask a guy out who I know is much shyer than me, will he be put of by my shyness if i approach him and appear silly or will he appreciate me asking?
He seems like a nice guy. Age wise mid 20s.

yea, i mean, an honest woman is hard to come by these days.

and please let us know how it goes..

good luck!

I was very shy in my twenties and I would have loved for any nice girl to ask me out.

Kenny said:
I was very shy in my twenties and I would have loved for any nice girl to ask me out.

I don't want someone who will have anyone, I hope he will like me for who I am. I'm shy but I wont just go out with anyone who shows interest.

Out of interest how did you get more confidence?

Go for it. Remember, shy guys don't take hints too well because they are often convinced that others are not interested in them (hence some of the shyness). So hit him over the head with a brick or something if need be. :p
Tiger lily said:
Out of interest how did you get more confidence?
Fake it until you make it.

go for it :]

i am a pretty shy guy and it does get nerve racking having to be the one to always approach. It'd be a nice change to be approached for a change. hell that's how i met my ex girlfriend in high school was because she approached me! just smile and be kind, and if he says yeah then woohoo! :D

A Desolate Soul said:
go for it :]

i am a pretty shy guy and it does get nerve racking having to be the one to always approach. It'd be a nice change to be approached for a change. hell that's how i met my ex girlfriend in high school was because she approached me! just smile and be kind, and if he says yeah then woohoo! :D

Yea, its hard to smile sometimes, i know I must smile to show interest but sometimes I cant bring it out because when he looks he doesn't smile either kinda just stares, so I scared Ill smile and he will just give me a blank look.

i'm sure he'll crack a smile if you do when you do approach him. i can relate to him because when i'm in public and i'm not with friends, i'm rather quiet and expressionless. i've had a few girls tell me that i look intimidating (i'm still not sure what that means but oh well). so you just gotta try. i know it seems difficult but i'm sure you can do it :]

Cosmo said:
Go for it. Remember, shy guys don't take hints too well because they are often convinced that others are not interested in them (hence some of the shyness). So hit him over the head with a brick or something if need be. :p
Yes remember this bit of advice. Shy guys are usually terrible at picking up signals of interest and even if they were to assume someone was interested in them, the chance they will do anything about it is quite low so infact to be blunt with them is sometimes the best way forward. :p

A desolate soul said..........just smile and be kind...............
Blackdemon said for a woman to ask him out would be "a dream come true"

These two comments seem to say it all.
How hard could it be to just give a guy a little encouragement?

A new life said:
A desolate soul said..........just smile and be kind...............
Blackdemon said for a woman to ask him out would be "a dream come true"

These two comments seem to say it all.
How hard could it be to just give a guy a little encouragement?

Your making out like just because he's shy he will appreciate or be flattered by me liking him. I might not be the kind of girl he goes for.

Latest posts

Back