Being single sucks

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think a lot of people confusee being single and being in a committed
relationship...

Isilating and being socialble.
Being a home body and going out

alonr time and lomilness.

Being singke dosnt necessary mean i sit home
alone. Im actaully free to roam wherever, talk
to whomever and do whatever i pkeae without
having to answer to anyone.....

just becuase i post on here dosnt neccesary
mean im at home sitting alone....
om acttually out on the town.

SignedSierraLynn said:
Being a girl, and being single sucks. I see these girls with their boyfriends and I'm like, I want that.

Being a guy and being single sucks too.

Hello,

I recently broke up with my girlfriend over an argument that's very little. I can't say that I was innocent, but I also can't say that it was all her fault. Anyways ...

There are two ways I view about my life being single. The first way would be- the same way you view people with their boyfriend/girlfriend and say to myself ... "I want that". It's really painfull to go in to a restaurant and get a table for 1.

The second way would be - I know I'm very young. I'm only turning 21 tomorrow ... I've been told by many of my ex girlfriends that if I keep in shape I can get any girl
I want. Therefore, I'm really not TOO upset about not having a girlfriend.

I would prefer finish my master's degree in aviation, then become a professional and when money is no longer an issue ... I can concentrate on getting a spouse. BUT THAT'S JUST ME ...

What I'm trying to say is ... You have to find what you really want in life that will make you happy and that will benefit you. Having a spouse or even a couple shouldn't be the only thing that will make you happy. But yes, you're right it may be very hard to see another couple exchanging love and you go "I want that" ...

Antonio

Enjoy it while you can :) lol. The last paragraph of above poster is right on..

We always want what we can't have... and here's something interesting. Some couples may look so happy together, but they have also gone through several arguments, work, and compromising to get where they are. Or you got these couples who seem so happy yet someones cheating on the side. You never really know.

Actually no, being single does not suck..it just depends what you make of the situation. You have the freedom to do what you want, go where you want, move to where you want, anything. Why? Because you are single. Now, if you only want a boyfriend so you can be like the rest of your friends with their boyfriends or because you're lonely...you will be in for a world of disappointment. You can still be lonely while having a boyfriend, which may make you feel worse about it all in the end. But really...if you're that worried and sad about being single...go ask someone out. It's not that hard to get a boyfriend :p

Lmao....there's a lot of Bullshit that can happen when youre in a relationship.
Just becuase you see a couple out having fun for that particular day dosnt
mean they're not trying to kill one another every other day.lol

Communications break down, Jealopusy issues, money issues, playing fucken
house issues, schedule issues.
Somtimes you'll get so cught up into your work trying to make the ends meet
so you can have a home...you seldom see your partner.

Or you'll get into a fight becuase she's on the freaken rag or its just fucken tuesday.
All of that love and romance gose out the window super fast.
You actaully have to chase her. Do whatever the hell you gotta do to reconcile.
By the time you sort through all of that bullshit...she's on the mother frreaken rag again.lmao
Sometimes it's worst than being lonely, lonely as being single...
Feeling alone while you're in a relationship is a messed place to be..but couples gose through
that.
Which at times requires a lot more time and effort then if you were single.

So if you cant handle being single now, you'll have a hell of a time when you get into
a relationship.

There's pros and cons to everything.

Lonesome Crow said:
Lmao....there's a lot of Bullshit that can happen when youre in a relationship.
Just becuase you see a couple out having fun for that particular day dosnt
mean they're not trying to kill one another every other day.lol

Communications break down, Jealopusy issues, money issues, playing fucken
house issues, schedule issues.
Somtimes you'll get so cught up into your work trying to make the ends meet
so you can have a home...you seldom see your partner.

Or you'll get into a fight becuase she's on the freaken rag or its just fucken tuesday.
All of that love and romance gose out the window super fast.
You actaully have to chase her. Do whatever the hell you gotta do to reconcile.
By the time you sort through all of that bullshit...she's on the mother frreaken rag again.lmao
Sometimes it's worst than being lonely, lonely as being single...
Feeling alone while you're in a relationship is a messed place to be..but couples gose through
that.
Which at times requires a lot more time and effort then if you were single.

So if you cant handle being single now, you'll have a hell of a time when you get into
a relationship.

There's pros and cons to everything.

I sometimes think 'thank god I'm single' when I see couples who look as miserable as hell. It looks like they can't buy a tin of soup without having an argument about it first.

Alot of my desire to meet someone comes from - wanting to be as good as everybody else. Other people have relationships, have sex, experience love - why can't I ? What is so wrong with me ?

But like you say, being single has it's advantages.

Being single require of you to do the self love stuff.
Taking care of yourself, mentally, physically and spiritually.
Get right with yourself. Learn how to be happy with yourself.
Once you can live with yourself. Love yourself unconditionally.
Have a good internal dialog within yourself. Self nurtualing.
Work through whatever issues or problems you have.
Get over whatever the fresia barrier or issues you have.
All these things take time and effort.
You simply have to become effient at this.

Once you get into a relationship...and most people want a serious one.
A relationship will tug you in different directions more than you will realize.
Its not alway a walk in the park. A lot of time you'll loose site of yourself.
I've lost myself in relationships plenty becuase of demanding spouse or partner.
Nothing wrong with gettting emotional..but sometimes it's the emeshing or
emotional attactments you'll get sucked into.
YOU'LL HAVE TO LOVE YOURSELF FIRST AND FORMOST while youre in a relationship
more than you think.
Becuase there will come a time your partner is going to put you through a test
or situations will arrised. The fighting the arguments...ect
It can get pretty **** complicated. You'll tell yourself you dont need all
the extra bullshit or heartaches than you think.
Sex????....you're not going to have sex when you're arguing with your partner.
Even if you do...it's a fucken chore sometimes...Especialy if you feel
a lot of anger and hatred towards your partner (at that time)

You simply need to get back to center real quick or know how to get back to center.

Being single...
well...if a fucken ***** gets out of line and dose things I dont appriciate or can accept.
I can just tell her to fresia the fresia off becuase I dont have so much invested in her...
Time, energy, love, money...ect.
I can do whatever i fresia I want. And get treated right.
Im capiable of being ok and happy with me. And that's that.

And screw all that horse honeysuckle and guilt trip about being a womenizer.
I'm kicking all thier mother fucken high heels and lifting thier skirts.
They all test drive me just the same while they're single, dating or seeking a campitable partner.

Lonesome Crow said:
Being single require of you to do the self love stuff.
Taking care of yourself, mentally, physically and spiritually.
Get right with yourself. Learn how to be happy with yourself.
Once you can live with yourself. Love yourself unconditionally.
Have a good internal dialog within yourself. Self nurtualing.
Work through whatever issues or problems you have.
Get over whatever the fresia barrier or issues you have.
All these things take time and effort.
You simply have to become effient at this.

Once you get into a relationship...and most people want a serious one.
A relationship will tug you in different directions more than you will realize.
Its not alway a walk in the park. A lot of time you'll loose site of yourself.
I've lost myself in relationships plenty becuase of demanding spouse or partner.
Nothing wrong with gettting emotional..but sometimes it's the emeshing or
emotional attactments you'll get sucked into.
YOU'LL HAVE TO LOVE YOURSELF FIRST AND FORMOST while youre in a relationship
more than you think.
Becuase there will come a time your partner is going to put you through a test
or situations will arrised. The fighting the arguments...ect
It can get pretty **** complicated. You'll tell yourself you dont need all
the extra bullshit or heartaches than you think.
Sex????....you're not going to have sex when you're arguing with your partner.
Even if you do...it's a fucken chore sometimes...Especialy if you feel
a lot of anger and hatred towards your partner (at that time)

You simply need to get back to center real quick or know how to get back to center.

Being single...
well...if a fucken ***** gets out of line and dose things I dont appriciate or can accept.
I can just tell her to fresia the fresia off becuase I dont have so much invested in her...
Time, energy, love, money...ect.
I can do whatever i fresia I want. And get treated right.
Im capiable of being ok and happy with me. And that's that.

And screw all that horse honeysuckle and guilt trip about being a womenizer.
I'm kicking all thier mother fucken high heels and lifting thier skirts.
They all test drive me just the same while they're single, dating or seeking a campitable partner.

On other forums people have made the point that you have to love yourself first before somebody else will.

I have always said 'I like myself' - I have listed my good points, caring, honest whatever. They reply back that I hate myself really.

I have always liked myself. I think I'm great. But after years and years of not attracting women, not getting jobs, not making friends - I was bound to wonder whether I am as nice as I think. Maybe I am aggressive or rude ? Maybe I am miserable ? I still get people today say 'hey you have a sense of humour' - when I say a joke. I find this bizaire since I seem to spend all my time telling jokes and making people laugh.

I've been informed about loving yourself problaby a million times in my life.
It's something that's still not routine for me or I'm efficient at.
It's something I lose site of, especailly when I get involved in a realtionship. It's something I'll only do when the honeysuckle hits the fan.
It's one of my biggest procastination.

I can get women with or without jobs or money.
I can get women when I'm sad or acting like a pranster.
Women hit on me while I'm single or when Im in a relationship.

I've gone through good time and bad times.
I've overcame many obstical in my life.

The hardest thing for me to do still to this day...is to actually take
the time, engery and effort to love myself daily or consitantly.

Lonesome Crow said:
I've been informed about loving yourself problaby a million times in my life.
It's something that's still not routine for me or I'm efficient at.
It's something I lose site of, especailly when I get involved in a realtionship. It's something I'll only do when the honeysuckle hits the fan.
It's one of my biggest procastination.

I can get women with or without jobs or money.
I can get women when I'm sad or acting like a pranster.
Women hit on me while I'm single or when Im in a relationship.

I've gone through good time and bad times.
I've overcame many obstical in my life.

The hardest thing for me to do still to this day...is to actually take
the time, engery and effort to love myself daily or consitantly.

well me and you are poles apart. Women never hit on me. Old women tend to fuss around me quite alot, y'know 80 year olds but thats it !

well...last night
I was with a chick i just met. She plays the most beautiful piano the other night
for me....Last night she gave me privet strip dances. She's not a stripper or nothing like that.
But she's very sexual and likes to dance. She's only 27 and pretty.

K....so tonight I went to a hang out place, alone.
Im in a zone today. Maybe Im just tired from last night. IDK.
Im not feeling very good from a bunch of other honeysuckle.
I go to public places alone sometimes to chill but not isolate myself.
Anyway ...so a hot chicks walks into the room.
She scopes out the entire place. Theres like 20 people in there.
There's plenty of empty chairs in there.
Im sitting alone minding my own bussiness.
So she comes and sits right next to me and start chit chating with me.
She's the prettiest girl in the room of course...
She's 29.

Im 45
Im in my mother fucken jeans, t shirt and skater's shoes.
Im wasnt feeling so fucken good. Im also asian and she's white
I dont know what kind of vibe I put out when I get like this.
Im very restless and I feel like crawling out of my skin.

Like a couple of weeks ago I was having with some other chick I ve never met.
And last week i met another chick. There both in their 20s and flirt with me all the time.

Single.....

Lonesome Crow said:
well...last night
I was with a chick i just met. She plays the most beautiful piano the other night
for me....Last night she gave me privet strip dances. She's not a stripper or nothing like that.
But she's very sexual and likes to dance. She's only 27 and pretty.

K....so tonight I went to a hang out place, alone.
Im in a zone today. Maybe Im just tired from last night. IDK.
Im not feeling very good from a bunch of other honeysuckle.
I go to public places alone sometimes to chill but not isolate myself.
Anyway ...so a hot chicks walks into the room.
She scopes out the entire place. Theres like 20 people in there.
There's plenty of empty chairs in there.
Im sitting alone minding my own bussiness.
So she comes and sits right next to me and start chit chating with me.
She's the prettiest girl in the room of course...
She's 29.

Im 45
Im in my mother fucken jeans, t shirt and skater's shoes.
Im wasnt feeling so fucken good. Im also asian and she's white
I dont know what kind of vibe I put out when I get like this.
Im very restless and I feel like crawling out of my skin.

Like a couple of weeks ago I was having with some other chick I ve never met.
And last week i met another chick. There both in their 20s and flirt with me all the time.

Single.....

It's an intersting story.

I have something which is completely opposite to yours. I used to ride in buses when I was younger. And I used to sit on a double seat alone, like everybody else. As the bus filled up, people were forced to sit down next to strangers. What usually happened was people avoided my seat until there was no seats left. Then they would sit next to me. It was like they had a split second decision of who to sit next to and there was something about my appearance that made them sit elsewhere. It happened enough for me to notice. It wasn't a one off or my imagination. Something was definately happening. I always dress smart by the way.

It's the polar opposite to your story. You attract people, I repel them. I don't use buses anymore. This used to happen when I was in my teens and twenties. I am not sure it would happen now.

putter65 said:

I have something which is completely opposite to yours. I used to ride in buses when I was younger. And I used to sit on a double seat alone, like everybody else. As the bus filled up, people were forced to sit down next to strangers. What usually happened was people avoided my seat until there was no seats left. Then they would sit next to me. It was like they had a split second decision of who to sit next to and there was something about my appearance that made them sit elsewhere. It happened enough for me to notice. It wasn't a one off or my imagination. Something was definately happening. I always dress smart by the way.

It's the polar opposite to your story. You attract people, I repel them. I don't use buses anymore. This used to happen when I was in my teens and twenties. I am not sure it would happen now.

I wouldn't read too much into it, a lot of Girls are not comfortable with sitting next to a bloke on the bus if they have an option of sitting next to someone else, they probably worry about giving off wrong signals or something, its just one those querks. I've spent years people watching on buses, its rare someone of the opposite sex will willingly chose to sit next to me unless they are an old lady, old ladies love me. I know who gets off first so I chose them so I can have the seat to myself. :p

Personally I've been at my happiest when I've been in a relationship, but I've also been at my unhappiest too. Being single feels a like treading water, its not so bad but it could be so much better.

The Good Citizen said:
putter65 said:

I wouldn't read too much into it, a lot of Girls are not comfortable with sitting next to a bloke on the bus if they have an option of sitting next to someone else, they probably worry about giving off wrong signals or something, its just one those querks. I've spent years people watching on buses, its rare someone of the opposite sex will willingly chose to sit next to me unless they are an old lady, old ladies love me. I know who gets off first so I chose them so I can have the seat to myself. :p

Personally I've been at my happiest when I've been in a relationship, but I've also been at my unhappiest too. Being single feels a like treading water, its not so bad but it could be so much better.

Well it happened years ago so not really worth worrying about. There were others males on the bus and the women didn't have any problems sitting next to them. I would always be the last person anybody would sit next to. Maybe I look mean or miserable ?

Getting back to that other story. If a woman approached me and started chatting to me, I wouldn't mess it up. I am quite skilled at conversations since I work in retail. It's something I've learned over the years. It just doesn't happen. I am struggling to think of it happening ever.

putter65 said:
I would always be the last person anybody would sit next to. Maybe I look mean or miserable ?
That's "funny" but this happened to me a few times too. It felt strange. But then again it's not really that important.

though interesting, Lonesome Crow, your stories and adventures are not typical compared to other people's. Congratulations nonetheless, you are lucky....
by the way, are you a woman?

But since we're on the topic "single"... I have been single for over 2 years now. The girl before my 2 year hiatus, met on the internet. We were both looking for the same thing, companionship, a possible shot at something special, and then what came soon into the relationship, sex. the unspoken truth. maybe a little too soon. relationship lasted maybe 6 months and we hooked up last summer for some revisited "fun". anyway..... all women before her, early 20's drunk and high random fun.

I met different women last year, about 3. met one at school, one at a baseball game, and one my mother hooked me up with. All fell through the floor. I don't know the exact reason why none of those worked out but it might be me and not enough effort. Could be something deeper. It's not often I meet women. Sometimes they just fall into the perfect place for me. That's about it. I haven't had a one-night stand in a long time. I find it harder to connect with a woman these days in different aspects.

Went through a bad relationship when I was younger, late teens, I am now 26. Took a while to realize it, but there is a piece of my heart missing. Could be the reason for the botched relationships with previous women. honeysuckle just isn't the same when it comes to women. It all adds up to this day when I am thinking where I went wrong with them. I don't know if I can love again.. That's the real concern. Maybe I never loved before... thought I did.
My mental state is also not the same. A little warped. Could be the drugs, medications mixed with alcohol, childhood abuse, or everything. It is safe to say that to this day, I am not the same as I was before my 20's. I am not a total basketcase. I have a good personality most of the time. No one really knows what goes on in my mind.. they couldn't handle it. and I don't always let it show. Just always hesitate with women.

But I am in a new chapter of my life and I do the best I can with the problems. I know someone is out there for me. I want someone right or "perfect" for me. It could take the rest of my life. If I had known it would be this difficult, I would have taken it more serious in the past.

The truth about it... relationships are cool and all, but some people I know are glad they are single when it comes to the drama part. I can say the same. What I really miss about it, is spending the quality time with someone who attracts me and vice versa, mentally and physically.. and oh yea, the sexual intercourse. :)
However, I do not miss having no freedom to do what I want when I want. Freedom can come with a down-to-earth partner who doesn't let their insecurities get in the way. Maybe get lucky and be in a balanced relationship. Most of my friends have a significant other. And I am most always the odd number in a group, or just by myself in public. Just waiting for the day something great happens to me.

I havnt been single long. I have a lot of simularities with you.

My story or what i do is not that far off. I just never thought I would be doing this
at my age. Being my age and all the stuff I lived through...Im still havnt been able
to wrap my head and heart around at lot of things. Maybe Im just distracting myself.
Maybe Im just doing the best I can of where I am at.

I dont have all the answers.

My love life is kindda wacked.

I Love Renae with all my heart and soul. For some god awful reason we just
cant seem to make it work. I ve always felt she and I never had a fair chance.
Life gets in our way. People gets our way. Family and friends gets in our way.
Any moment I breath Ive always felt something is missing. A part of me is missing
without her. So much love. So much hate. So much dramma. So much passion.

Renae was my HS sweetheart. My ex-fiance.

I ended up marrying someone else for 2 years.
Then I got back with Renae again. Then it all fell apart again.
Then I did that in your 20s partying til you drop...ect...ect.
Then I got involved in 2 long term relatonships that lasted 20 yrs.
For the most part my life was stable. 9-5 jobs. raising children..ect, ect

Then my life started turning upside down. My exgf of 13 yrs woke up
and lost her freaken mind oneday. Slowly everything started going down
hill. Eventually we broken up after 2-3 yrs of dramma and truama.

Everything in my life changed. My career. Where I live...ect
I went into a major deep depression becuase I allow myself to love
again...but this girl died. Another once of those things in life that
will twist your mind and heart for a while.

Anyways, after almost a year of that. I kind of got better.
So my ex-wf calls me and wanted to get back with me.
She flakes it. Im like... "hell no..that ***** did not stab my fucken heart twice in a life time"
And I was barely just starting to come out of my funk too.
Talk about pouring salt into an open wound.

I was like..WTF???? Love, trust, ...blahh...blahh....Blahhh???

So...I went on a crazy binge. Cheap wine, cheap women, Threesome.
Having sex with women half my age...ect
I never thought I would be being that, It wasnt a part of my plans or goals in life.
There you have it....Jadded like a mother ******.
I never thought that i would be able to love again...
After almost a year of that.....Renae calls me.

I kicked 3 chicks to the curb just to be with her....(in one yr)

And Ive been with her for the last year or so trying to make it work.
I moved all over the place to be with. From state to state...ect
I drop thousands of miles for her.
I did everything fucken thing I could possibly can becuase
I love her and Im always going to love her.
She was the one and only woman I ever wanted to spend the rest of my life with to begin with anyway.
So Im like WTF????
"Hell no...the fucken ***** didnt stab my heart out and stompped on it 5 times
in a life time."lol
She's pouring salt and acid in my fucken open wounds.lol

I dont believe duct tape and crazy glue is gonna work this time.
Im getting too old for this honeysuckle......

But every now and then....
I'll look up at the ceeling
Im like WTF????
" Hell no....not the four mother fucken walls again."lol

[youtube]GtQ_j8kq6_I[/youtube]

She has a point in my opinion, Lol. I mean after being Single for a while, most Guys where I come from are pretty up for it right away. I certainly would be, although that's not why I'd have a relationship with anyone. Women are not the same here due to reputation and of course, the risks of becoming pregnant and catching STI's. But there are many many contraception's out there. Guys tend to have no worries so they're more free to mess about. But not all are! You can find decent guys around. They're the quiet ones who will often stay at home, out of the way x]

Latest posts

Back