Bored? Entertainment Mega Thread

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Opponent Of Rocky's Did You Enjoy Watching The Most?

• Apollo Creed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clubber Lang

• Ivan Drago

• Tommy Gunn

• Mason Dixon

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi People!:)

This thread is much like the one about Pitbulls. I think that Great White Sharks are super misunderstood. I don't believe that they're out to attack humans like Spielberg and "Jaws" series seems to imply. If some guy is on a boogie board, the shark figures it's a wounded seal or something and
decides to attack it.

I think that accusing Great Whites of being out to kill people is absurd. I'm interested to know your feeling on the subject.

Once a Great White(or any predatory creature) becomes convinced that humans can be prey, becoming so called man-killers, they /must/ be destroyed. This doesn't usually happen, though, and most Great White attacks on humans are accidental. I think that lions are actually more likely to become mankillers.

Yes they deceive there rep. But we should know better then to go near such things.

In less its in a submarine so they cant get to you.

The attacks are just incidents i think. And yes the "Jaws" movies are to much hollywood :p Shark will follow u to ur home, knock on ur door and eat ur whole family :)

But if humans lived in water we would be prey i thinks. Any predator would eat us if they got the chance.

YES!

...but not in the sense that sharks understand that there's a species up there above the water that they want to destroy.

It's just normal predator behavior.

Why the hell would someone get into shark-infested waters and NOT expect to be attacked?

A shark's just doing what it does. It sees food in the water, it goes after it. Common, natural predator behavior. And I'm sure humans are easier to kill than many other animals in the water. So yeah, a shark learns to go after the easy prey.

Badjedidude said:
YES!

...but not in the sense that sharks understand that there's a species up there above the water that they want to destroy.

It's just normal predator behavior.

Why the hell would someone get into shark-infested waters and NOT expect to be attacked?

A shark's just doing what it does. It sees food in the water, it goes after it. Common, natural predator behavior. And I'm sure humans are easier to kill than many other animals in the water. So yeah, a shark learns to go after the easy prey.
Maybe sharks are just God's way of telling us to stay the hell outta the water.:p

I understand that great white sharks attack humans because, being visual, the sight of a human paddling with his arms and feet on a surfboard greatly resembles the profile of a manatee, a common prey species of the whites. The fact that whites frequently break off their attack after taking a bite suggests that they, surprised by the taste, move away so its a kind of an accident. Nonetheless, I am sure that a few sharks 'learn' from the accident that humans are to be targeted, and those have to be destroyed.

Saw a similar freakout at a post office a couple months ago. Same 'in the name of Jesus' crap and everything.

"Embedding disable by request watch on youtube"

Anyone remember the woman who freaked out at a McDonalds? That was just...wow...

I've played a lot of rpg's in my time, but quite often when I'm halfway through a game I completely forget the story. Does this ever happen to you?

Yea, I either finish an rpg or i don't, if I leave it I'd need to restart it.

No, usually you're reminded of it several times during the game. If you lose track then it might be the fault of the game getting off track.

If memory serves, "Shawshank Redemption" was the last movie I watched. I thought that movie had an amazing cast. Especially Morgan Freeman and Clancy Brown.
203492_141359499269095_2236166_n.jpg

i watched paranormal activity 2 a few weeks ago, and i have to say:

that movie was scary!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back