Can anyone else here honestly say that they don't have a single friend

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have people who I work with.
A few I play golf with.
I never see any of them away from work or golf.
So I don't have any friends really.

Yes, I do not have one single friend. This is by design. Due to my life circumstances and choices, I'm surrounded by people who think they are better than me - intellectually, monetarily, physically, etc. I prefer dignity and solitude over neediness and so-called friends. In the grand scheme of things, life is short. However, the sting of being someone's ***** just to 'earn' attention or affection is eternal. I've worked hard to craft a strong, internal locus of control. Most social butterflies are dumbed down and locked in immaturity by their codependent relations with others, which is not a problem I have.

Solivagant said:
I have no friends to hang out with.

I have no friends ether dude I really want one but not some stuck up people it was hard at first now I love it but I would love a friend to though
Me all alone but I do it big alone lol

I do not have a single friend witch I like but it sucks too cause I'm a reall fun guy

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 6
When I first joined this site, I could say that. I have been lucky since then :)

Jacob1 said:
Guys take xanax for social anxiety I promise it helps

What works for one person would trigger another's suicidal ideations. Only a doctor can know what is the right medication for someone.

OnlyMe said:
I have what you could call 'work friends' but I don't have any friends when it comes to a social life.

I have no friends dude sucks but I'm what you call a life enthusiast when your this you understand adrenaline junkies and you look for a rush like mma I have no friend cause I take honeysuckle to the extreme for real. You want the beef I show you the beef ahhhhhhh ahhhhhhh I go hard I'n the paint!!!!!!!!!

Sorry guys I should of post what works for me is Xanax just saying guys

To the original post... Yes, definitely. I've made a nice friend on this forum, but before that and even now loneliness bites away at me. No family or friends to turn to for immediate help makes me think about why I don't have said family and friends. Guess it's just an extreme lack of confidence to get out there

Doc said:
Guess it's just an extreme lack of confidence to get out there

It can be quite scary to talk to people or make new friends. I am not very good at that myself even though some here think I might be very sociable (not really). But hey Doc, at least you are trying now. :)

To the original post, that's a definite yes,I can honesty say I have absolutely not one single "friend ".People I work with,yes,but never socialize with. It has been said that if you can count your true friends on all the fingers of one hand you are rich indeed,I guess that makes me a poor person,count of zero,zilch.

Kxty33 said:
...online or otherwise? I can't even remember the last time I actually "hung out" with a friend. Can you...???

I know a married couple who I would call my friends. I don't make friends easily. Not only am I hard to please, but deep inside I don't feel good enough. Probably due to parental neglect from an early age. Sad lonely ****** I guess..Oh, I have a g/f but often I feel our relationship is hanging on a thread..

While none of my friendships are all I'd like them to be, there are a few people I believe would be genuinely hurt if they thought I didn't consider them friends to me. It's true that I don't have frequent phone or hangout buddies though.

So the second part of the original question would be "Do we really want a friend?" Is it all that great anyway? We watch "Friends" and wish our lives were like that. In reality, a lot of people are not worth the time and effort required to maintain a lasting friendship.

I have 2 kids. I have work colleagues who I sometimes talk and joke with. I have an online friend (for the past coupla weeks anyway). But no, I have no actual physical friends in "real life". Never have done to be honest. *sigh*

used to have 2, drifted away as they actually fixed their lives with girlfriends and jobs in time. cant say i miss it, i kinda learned to apreciate loneliness, and get drunk when I get depressed about how alone I am :D

No, I don't have a single friend right now.

I had one good friend, but he died years ago. I tried to be friends with his wife, but she never liked me and dropped all contact after he died.

I thought I had made two real-life friends who cared about me, and that meant more to me than I can even say. But we recently had a huge falling out. And just the WAY they turned against me, how suddenly it happened and some of the things they said to me, made me realize they were never truly my friends to begin with.

So I can honestly say I don't have a single friend. And since I am single, no children, and no family to speak of, I am truly alone. Also middle-aged, failing health, unemployed, uninsured and facing a mountain of medical bills...

Can't even think about it all really. It's too overwhelming and I'm sick of crying. Taking life one day at a time and trying to hang onto hope.

True friends, no, I don't think I have any.
I don't know how to find some anymore. I hope to get healthier and travel, where I am now everyone seems caught in their own lives, the couples with their couple things, and the singles with their prozac or their careers or both.

Sophie99 said:
since I am single, no children, and no family to speak of, I am truly alone. Also middle-aged, failing health, unemployed, uninsured and facing a mountain of medical bills...

yup, also that, let's not think about it

Latest posts

Back