Can anyone else here honestly say that they don't have a single friend

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i don't have any friends... i met an "acquaintence" in class this semester but when we made plans to do something together, she totally flaked out and left in the middle of it. i know i shouldn't be picky but i find that very rude. she also failed the class so i won't see her next semester.

so i have no friends again... i just took my final and i feel extemely lonely like it's going to be a long winter break.

i don't know where else to find a good friend. everyone overlooks me

I didn't have one IRL friend from 2008 until just these past few months. Even before that, all my friendships were turbulent and I was merely an outsider to a group of people who were all extremely close. It was one of the primary causes of my depression and only fueled my BPD more. I had/have friends online, but it's just not the same at all...

If you suck at making friends in real life, or just don't know where to. Then really, the best way to make friends... Is online. I was extremely lucky to meet my one friend, because I wasn't even looking for him. We both frequented the same IRC server and at one point found out that we lived only 5 miles away! We both have a huge interest in hip-hop. He's a lot older, has performed with more well-known artists, and has been teaching me quite a bit about how to improve my music. It's pretty neat.

So. I suggest those of you who're lonely to look online. Join an IRC server so that you have people to talk to in real time while at home and lonely. Look on Craigslist (not everyone will kill you, jsut be careful). Join a dating site, send people messages and try to go on dates. There is someone out there for you, I promise. It's hard to get started, but once you do, give it your best and keep at it. There will be lots of people that you just don't hit off with. Don't like it discourage you. Keep on truckin'.

It's a lot easier said than done, though! I just figured I'd drop a word. I would suggest also that you start reading self-help books and really try to work on yourself so that you will be a more appealing person for people to want to be around. I've been doing therapy, been hospitalized twice this year, went to DBT, and have been taking better care of myself, and getting much more accomplished... and I'm doing way better than I was at one time. Don't give up ya'll.

I have to die. Surely I have to die? What is this selfishness in continuing to take up oxygen?

Dude. You're not a bad person. Don't let yourself or anyone else tell you otherwise. Much much worse people are walking the earth. Murderers, rapists, and dirty money grubbing politicians. Sure you've been through some rough honeysuckle, but that's all in the past bruh! Don't worry so much. If you feel that you are suicidal then go to the psych ward or talk to someone... You don't even have to be enough to think you're actually going to go through with it. Those feelings are still real... Talk to family or PM someone on here and ask for their number or to go on Skype. Hell send me a PM bruh. I'm a good person to talk to in a the time of need... People will make the time to talk to you if you're feeling overwhelmingly bad.

FauxReaL said:
I have to die. Surely I have to die? What is this selfishness in continuing to take up oxygen?

Dude. You're not a bad person. Don't let yourself or anyone else tell you otherwise. Much much worse people are walking the earth. Murderers, rapists, and dirty money grubbing politicians. Sure you've been through some rough honeysuckle, but that's all in the past bruh! Don't worry so much. If you feel that you are suicidal then go to the psych ward or talk to someone... You don't even have to be enough to think you're actually going to go through with it. Those feelings are still real... Talk to family or PM someone on here and ask for their number or to go on Skype. Hell send me a PM bruh. I'm a good person to talk to in a the time of need... People will make the time to talk to you if you're feeling overwhelmingly bad.

Not one human could ever love me.

cumulus.james said:
Not one human could ever love me.

You will be correct in that statement as long as you keep believing that and not allowing anyone to love you.
Seriously, stop speaking for the rest of the population. You don't know their thoughts or intentions.

Kxty33 said:
...online or otherwise? I can't even remember the last time I actually "hung out" with a friend. Can you...???

Yep.

And depending on the definition of "friend", the real question for me might be - did I ever have a friend? Maybe, like 15 years ago, than possibly 7-8 years ago, both online. That's it. *sigh*

No. Not me.

bullshit, yo!

You sound like you have lost hope. This is key sign that you NEED help, bruh. You can talk to in PM and I give you my number. I might be busy at times but if I'm just kicking it at home, I will drop what I'm doing to talk to you. Seek professional help, too. I can't stress this enough. Just like with addiction ou can't do this on your oqn and u truly have to want get better. I've been theough some rough honeysuckle too... and it's notjust mommy didn't love enough stuff (which is still a valid reason to be depressed .__.). I've been on the streets, expelled from schools, held back grades, chased by police, shoplifted daily, did B&E, graffiti, turned away all my friends, been beaten up in street fights, become psychotic thinking NSA was taking over the world attempted suicide, addicted to drugs... all that and I've turned ALL around. I love myself, as lonely as am some times. There is still hope bruh! :D

FauxReaL said:
No. Not me.

bullshit, yo!

You sound like you have lost hope. This is key sign that you NEED help, bruh. You can talk to in PM and I give you my number. I might be busy at times but if I'm just kicking it at home, I will drop what I'm doing to talk to you. Seek professional help, too. I can't stress this enough. Just like with addiction ou can't do this on your oqn and u truly have to want get better. I've been theough some rough honeysuckle too... and it's notjust mommy didn't love enough stuff (which is still a valid reason to be depressed .__.). I've been on the streets, expelled from schools, held back grades, chased by police, shoplifted daily, did B&E, graffiti, turned away all my friends, been beaten up in street fights, become psychotic thinking NSA was taking over the world attempted suicide, addicted to drugs... all that and I've turned ALL around. I love myself, as lonely as am some times. There is still hope bruh! :D

The NSA is taking over the world ha!

How are you now?

FauxReaL said:
I didn't have one IRL friend from 2008 until just these past few months. Even before that, all my friendships were turbulent and I was merely an outsider to a group of people who were all extremely close. It was one of the primary causes of my depression and only fueled my BPD more. I had/have friends online, but it's just not the same at all...

If you suck at making friends in real life, or just don't know where to. Then really, the best way to make friends... Is online. I was extremely lucky to meet my one friend, because I wasn't even looking for him. We both frequented the same IRC server and at one point found out that we lived only 5 miles away! We both have a huge interest in hip-hop. He's a lot older, has performed with more well-known artists, and has been teaching me quite a bit about how to improve my music. It's pretty neat.

So. I suggest those of you who're lonely to look online. Join an IRC server so that you have people to talk to in real time while at home and lonely. Look on Craigslist (not everyone will kill you, jsut be careful). Join a dating site, send people messages and try to go on dates. There is someone out there for you, I promise. It's hard to get started, but once you do, give it your best and keep at it. There will be lots of people that you just don't hit off with. Don't like it discourage you. Keep on truckin'.

It's a lot easier said than done, though! I just figured I'd drop a word. I would suggest also that you start reading self-help books and really try to work on yourself so that you will be a more appealing person for people to want to be around. I've been doing therapy, been hospitalized twice this year, went to DBT, and have been taking better care of myself, and getting much more accomplished... and I'm doing way better than I was at one time. Don't give up ya'll.

People I meet online avoid me after meeting me offline, but thanks anyway.

Tealeaf said:
FauxReaL said:

People I meet online avoid me after meeting me offline, but thanks anyway.

I used to get that too. So now I never meet anyone offline.

cumulus.james said:

Not worth it to get my hopes up, is all. All these solutions thrown around are fantastic for normal people, but normal people can make friends with minimal adjustments like going out a little more or learning to show more interest in others. I'm still trying to find someone who's talked to me on vid/call who doesn't think I'm normal, and yet I am alone.

So, yeah, open call: come judge me in a video chat sometime and tell me what an asocial, nasty, weird, not-trying-to-improve piece of honeysuckle I am to deserve this life.

Tealeaf said:
cumulus.james said:

Not worth it to get my hopes up, is all. All these solutions thrown around are fantastic for normal people, but normal people can make friends with minimal adjustments like going out a little more or learning to show more interest in others. I'm still trying to find someone who's talked to me on vid/call who doesn't think I'm normal, and yet I am alone.

So, yeah, open call: come judge me in a video chat sometime and tell me what an asocial, nasty, weird, not-trying-to-improve piece of honeysuckle I am to deserve this life.

What do you believe is so abnormal about you then?

cumulus.james said:
Tealeaf said:
cumulus.james said:

What do you believe is so abnormal about you then?

Who the fresia knows.

Tealeaf said:
cumulus.james said:

Challenge accepted. I've been wanting to meet you anyways.

Latest posts

Back