Christmas Card Exchange 2015!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
zero said:
I`m kind of worried as well. I only got confirmations for the cards I sent to Europe, none so far from USA or Canada. I hope they get there in time.

I received yours, zero. :) It came maybe a week or so ago, I thought it came pretty quick. :)

-Teresa

Cavey said:
ladyforsaken said:
Cavey said:
I got LadyF's card yesterday morning. I would have let you know sooner, but I was still trying to remove glitter from every surface in my house... and my body.

Oops. It wasn't revenge though! It was to share the love for glitter with you since you sent a whole bunch of it to me last year. I was showered (literally) with lots of glitter and thought of sending some back to you. Glad you got it though! :)

Perhaps I'll take a picture of all the cards received and post them up on Christmas day or something. You guys should do that too.

I loved it though. It put a big smile on my face. I rushed straight here to say something about it ;)

BreakingtheGirl said:
Hi Cavey, have you gotten my card yet? I read through the thread & didn't know if youhad gotten it yet since the others outside the States did. If not, I'm sorry I mailed them sort of late & didn't look into how long it would take to be mailed from me to you :(. I hope you get it this week before Christmas!!

I have yet to receive your card, but don't worry about it, I'm sure it will show up eventually and even if it doesn't... it's the thought that counts. I haven't got Amy's yet either, so you're not the only one ;)

Oh okay, I hope both of ours reach you this week! I think you'll like it...no glitter to clean up at least lol...unless you like glitter, then next year I'll send my card a month early w/ glitter AND confetti :)

^Oh you don't know how much Cavey loves glitter.

Cavey said:
ladyforsaken said:
Cavey said:
I got LadyF's card yesterday morning. I would have let you know sooner, but I was still trying to remove glitter from every surface in my house... and my body.

Oops. It wasn't revenge though! It was to share the love for glitter with you since you sent a whole bunch of it to me last year. I was showered (literally) with lots of glitter and thought of sending some back to you. Glad you got it though! :)

Perhaps I'll take a picture of all the cards received and post them up on Christmas day or something. You guys should do that too.

I loved it though. It put a big smile on my face. I rushed straight here to say something about it ;)

That must be the "out-glittered" post you wrote the other day I suppose? :)

ladyforsaken said:
^Oh you don't know how much Cavey loves glitter.

Cavey said:
ladyforsaken said:
Cavey said:

That must be the "out-glittered" post you wrote the other day I suppose? :)

Twas indeed. I sent half as much glitter to you this year, but with added cute factor, so I still win!

What I got so far this year. Haven't received quite a few from others here, unfortunately. :\

[img=800x500]

I love the picture, LadyF :)

I just want to say a big Thank You to everyone who participated in the card exchange this year and Thank You to VanillaCreme for editing the list of participants as needed!

For me, Christmas just wouldn't be the same without our card exchange. Everyone's card is going into my Christmas Card Hall of Fame.
Here's to a great 2016 and I'm looking forward to exchanging again with everyone next year! xo

-Teresa

The cards look fabulous, LadyF.
Thank you Teresa, the yearly Christmas Cards Exchange is really a great idea, I look forward to participating next year again.
I hope my cards reached everyone (not sure about Amy, Ringwood and LadyF).

zero said:
The cards look fabulous, LadyF.
Thank you Teresa, the yearly Christmas Cards Exchange is really a great idea, I look forward to participating next year again.
I hope my cards reached everyone (not sure about Amy, Ringwood and LadyF).

I don't think I've received yours yet, zero. :\

I like to be prepared, so today I bought the cards for next years event. I should have been a boy scout.

Cavey said:
I like to be prepared, so today I bought the cards for next years event. I should have been a boy scout.

I bought some cards today too lol! 50% off and I'm putting them away for next year.

BeyondShy said:
ladyforsaken said:
What I got so far this year. Haven't received quite a few from others here, unfortunately. :\

That's not right. :(

I believe LadyF lives in one of the furthest locales of all our participants, BeyondShy. That is likely why there have been some delays with cards that were mailed.
I mentioned to Magalie that I sent a Christmas card 2 years ago to a close relative in the Philippines. I mailed it on December 1st and he didn't get it until the middle of February! I wasn't too happy about that, but what can you do.
I'm ok with getting personal mail that's not junk mail or a bill any day of the year :)

-Teresa

SofiasMami said:
Cavey said:

I bought some cards today too lol! 50% off and I'm putting them away for next year.

Me too lol. I actually bought a whole box for next year before Cavey even said anything about it. I always have my cards prepared. :p
But looking at the amount I sent out this year... I am going to need more.

BeyondShy said:
ladyforsaken said:

That's not right. :(

I know, it's probably just the heavy traffic of mails going around at this time. I just hope they're not lost or anything.

Actually I received 2 more today. :)

Good news! I received Breaking The GIrl's card this morning. I now realise why it's taken so long... it was so thick that it needed a custom's declaration and that means it will have been held up passing through.

It's an amazing looking card and I feel slightly guilty that I gave a shop bought one in return!

Just letting people know, I have only received two cards, but I think it's more of the fault of the a-hole in HR than anything else. I had the cards sent to my place of work and she knows I'm expecting them. She was in last week...never heard a word from her (the last card I received, BTG's, was given to me from someone in shipping. She had him deliver it to me, as he walked by her office, because god forbid if she has to leave her desk).

I even texted my co-worker and she said there was nothing on my desk, as of this morning...I've been on vacation since last Wednesday and will be back in tomorrow. I'll ask her then. I have a very strong feeling there are least a couple of them in her office. But, it's always "about her" and she tends to put things off till the last minute.

Anyway, didn't want someone to think I should have gotten one by now and was being rude and not saying "thank you."

Cavey said:
Good news! I received Breaking The GIrl's card this morning. I now realise why it's taken so long... it was so thick that it needed a custom's declaration and that means it will have been held up passing through.

It's an amazing looking card and I feel slightly guilty that I gave a shop bought one in return!

Yay finally! Haha. I was getting worried that it was "return to sender" in the mail back to me. I didn't even fill out customs forms for anyone because the mail clerk showed me on the computer that it was entered in. I just had to sign my name on the screen...?
Don't feel bad one bit. I'm creating my own scrapbooking & crafts website, so all the things I've made are photographed and put on my site. I would have bought cards as well (like I used to do when I knew more people) if I wasn't building this site :)

BreakingtheGirl said:
Cavey said:

Yay finally! Haha. I was getting worried that it was "return to sender" in the mail back to me. I didn't even fill out customs forms for anyone because the mail clerk showed me on the computer that it was entered in. I just had to sign my name on the screen...?
Don't feel bad one bit. I'm creating my own scrapbooking & crafts website, so all the things I've made are photographed and put on my site. I would have bought cards as well (like I used to do when I knew more people) if I wasn't building this site :)

That's strange because it definitely has a customs declaration on the back of it. It's listed as Contents: Paper Card. Value: $2

Latest posts

Back