Commentary on ALL

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can say no one is being called out, but they are. Do you have any idea how many people here are wondering whether they are part of this group that is "destroying" the forum? Did you ever think about how they would feel? Did you ever consider that a lot of people here don't know if they are doing something when they post and this thread will just show them that maybe they did because maybe they are one of the people you guys are talking about.

Also, just because there is 150 views, doesn't mean that people are afraid to say something and doesn't mean that all that many have viewed the thread. Some people may just not give a fresia and don't think it's worth their time to reply. At this point, you're speculating and that's all you have. Any one of us can speculate and any one of us could be right.

And no, just because I replied doesn't mean I care what you people think of me. I'm just sick of the bullshit. You want to defend all these people who deserve oh so much respect and coddling and this safe haven that will never exist. Perhaps I'm doing the same for different people, for different reasons. I'm sorry but this thread was wrong to make.

lifestream said:
The fact that you feel this thread is 'bullshit' is lamentable, but the fact that you also felt the need to respond to it shows that you do care about how you are perceived on this forum.

And still you say no one is being called out? Wonderful!

TheRealCallie said:
You can say no one is being called out, but they are. Do you have any idea how many people here are wondering whether they are part of this group that is "destroying" the forum? Did you ever think about how they would feel? Did you ever consider that a lot of people here don't know if they are doing something when they post and this thread will just show them that maybe they did because maybe they are one of the people you guys are talking about.

Also, just because there is 150 views, doesn't mean that people are afraid to say something and doesn't mean that all that many have viewed the thread. Some people may just not give a fresia and don't think it's worth their time to reply. At this point, you're speculating and that's all you have. Any one of us can speculate and any one of us could be right.

It's not speculation if I have seen it, experienced it, or been told about it secondhand. All three of those things are true, in my case.

As for people's feelings, that's beyond my control. I sincerely hope that people will read this thread and draw their own conclusions. If people are uncomfortable discussing their issues publicly, reynard or myself would be happy to receive messages from them to that effect.

HoodedMonk said:
I feel frustrated by this, but there is nothing I can do.

If you will notice, in the thread you mentioned, the first post which started the "bickering" was posted was a post which included gender issues. It spiraled from there.

I really do feel this has been the crux of the issue lately and I feel it is something which needs to be moderated very closely or it takes over the entire forum and creates a hostile atmosphere.

Yep.

Triple Bogey said:
reynard_muldrake said:
Recently, LonelySutton's thread in this subforum ("Tired of Failing") got hijacked by discussion of behavior on the boards. Anyone interested in catching up can start at the bottom of page 4 and continue from there. Preferring a new thread over extending the takeover of LonelySutton's post, I decided to move the discussion here. Keep in mind this isn't meant to incite a flame war or trolling. The prior discussion is meant to continue in a polite, but honest manner. Opinions on the forum? Criticism? Suggestions of improvement? Post them here.

I don't think anybody can really complain. Because if you don't like this forum then don't use it. It's as simple as that. Compared to other forums it's actually very good.

I disagree. You can still like something and see room for improvement/issues that need to be addressed.

HoodedMonk said:
Personally my opinion is this. The moderating style on the forum has changed recently, whereas before there were more bans when certain members posted misogynistic or sexist material, now, threads of this nature are let run their course.

This makes this forum a lot more hostile in atmosphere than it used to be, and there are certain members that promulgate this in various ways, some more well known for this than others.

The moderation style hasn't changed. Minus and I have been working together for years now, and Sci isn't too far behind us on that. We all work together in a balance that's just right to cover any issue that may happen here. The only thing that's changed is your name, because you still have that piss-poor attitude of playing victim to things. What you call misogynistic is really you trying to push your ideals onto other people. And it's you trying to backseat moderate as you've always usually tried to do. You report things for reasons that, 7 out of 10 times, literally makes no ******* sense.

I've told you this before, but I'll say it again: The report feature is not for you to try and get us to do things your way. It's for reporting things that are absurd. Not for getting us to look into things and take them the way you do. You try to claim that sexist honeysuckle because it's the only way you currently know how to get people to pay attention to what you say. And like I told you before - you had people in your ear, telling you and beating into you what they thought was right, and you jumped on the bandwagon with it.

Next time you want to take a shot at the moderating, make sure that you remember we don't fall for bullshit.

lifestream said:
TheRealCallie said:

It's not speculation if I have seen it, experienced it, or been told about it secondhand. All three of those things are true, in my case.

As for people's feelings, that's beyond my control. I sincerely hope that people will read this thread and draw their own conclusions. If people are uncomfortable discussing their issues publicly, reynard or myself would be happy to receive messages from them to that effect.

Yeah, it's not speculation on my part either, because I've seen it, I've experienced it and people have told ME about it. So yes, what YOU are saying is speculation. Just because a few think that way, doesn't mean they all do.

Yeah, people's feelings are beyond your control. But where is THEIR respect? The entire concept of this thread is so hypocritical.

TheRealCallie said:

I have a feeling that these people will survive if that happens.

BeyondShy said:
lifestream said:
The fact that you feel this thread is 'bullshit' is lamentable, but the fact that you also felt the need to respond to it shows that you do care about how you are perceived on this forum.

lifestream hasn't contradicted his earlier post. He was only addressing one of Callie's claims. Perfectly acceptable in a discussion. By the way, you've contributed nothing but odd and passive-aggressive swipes. Please speak up if you like, but offer more substance than the quip.

Paraiyar said:
TheRealCallie said:

How do you know that? I'll definitely survive, but this is a lonely forum, some people that come here have just as many issues as anyone else. Doesn't mean they have to or will deal with it the same way, or even in a nice, respectful way. They do what they do, they do what they feel they need to do to be heard, to survive or not have to deal with the extensive pain and hurt they are feeling.

What you saying right there, is that THOSE people don't matter. Bull ******* honeysuckle, they matter JUST as much as anyone else.

lifestream said:

Oh thank God! I mean I had no idea where I was going to go! I feel so much better.

reynard_muldrake said:
BeyondShy said:
lifestream said:

lifestream hasn't contradicted his earlier post. He was only addressing one of Callie's claims. Perfectly acceptable in a discussion. By the way, you've contributed nothing but odd and passive-aggressive swipes. Please speak up if you like, but offer more substance than the quip.

He's being sarcastic yes, but what you doing? Insulting and throwing jabs because you can? Just like you said needs to stop?

Pot, meet kettle....

VanillaCreme said:
HoodedMonk said:
Personally my opinion is this. The moderating style on the forum has changed recently, whereas before there were more bans when certain members posted misogynistic or sexist material, now, threads of this nature are let run their course.

This makes this forum a lot more hostile in atmosphere than it used to be, and there are certain members that promulgate this in various ways, some more well known for this than others.

The moderation style hasn't changed. Minus and I have been working together for years now, and Sci isn't too far behind us on that. We all work together in a balance that's just right to cover any issue that may happen here. The only thing that's changed is your name, because you still have that piss-poor attitude of playing victim to things. What you call misogynistic is really you trying to push your ideals onto other people. And it's you trying to backseat moderate as you've always usually tried to do. You report things for reasons that, 7 out of 10 times, literally makes no ******* sense.

I've told you this before, but I'll say it again: The report feature is not for you to try and get us to do things your way. It's for reporting things that are absurd. Not for getting us to look into things and take them the way you do. You try to claim that sexist honeysuckle because it's the only way you currently know how to get people to pay attention to what you say. And like I told you before - you had people in your ear, telling you and beating into you what they thought was right, and you jumped on the bandwagon with it.

Next time you want to take a shot at the moderating, make sure that you remember we don't fall for bullshit.

Thank for you for this Nilla. I frankly find that when women or men scream sexism on this forum that it often just turns out to be a matter of a simple difference of opinion.

TheRealCallie said:
lifestream said:
TheRealCallie said:

Yeah, it's not speculation on my part either, because I've seen it, I've experienced it and people have told ME about it. So yes, what YOU are saying is speculation. Just because a few think that way, doesn't mean they all do.

Yeah, people's feelings are beyond your control. But where is THEIR respect? The entire concept of this thread is so hypocritical.

Either I'm speculating or I'm not. Which one?

People are being asked for their views and opinions, Callie. You've had your say, and that's fine, but how many other people are overdue?

reynard_muldrake said:
By the way, you've contributed nothing but odd and passive-aggressive swipes. Please speak up if you like, but offer more substance than the quip.

I think I already have. And if I told you what I really thought you'd run off and make another thread about bad this place is.

TheRealCallie said:
reynard_muldrake said:
BeyondShy said:
lifestream said:

He's being sarcastic yes, but what you doing? Insulting and throwing jabs because you can? Just like you said needs to stop?

Pot, meet kettle....

You can't be serious. Where are the insults?

Paraiyar said:
Thank for you for this Nilla. I frankly find that when women or men scream sexism on this forum that it often just turns out to be a matter of a simple difference of opinion.

Vanilla Creme is a classy woman. She seems to be a very fair and decent person.

TheRealCallie said:
Paraiyar said:
TheRealCallie said:

How do you know that? I'll definitely survive, but this is a lonely forum, some people that come here have just as many issues as anyone else. Doesn't mean they have to or will deal with it the same way, or even in a nice, respectful way. They do what they do, they do what they feel they need to do to be heard, to survive or not have to deal with the extensive pain and hurt they are feeling.

What you saying right there, is that THOSE people don't matter. Bull ******* honeysuckle, they matter JUST as much as anyone else.

Lol. People not being called out for bad behaviour probably has more chance of alienating vulnerable people on this forum. I think this thread is basically an acknowledgement that ALL could be a much better environment than it is.

lifestream said:
TheRealCallie said:
lifestream said:
TheRealCallie said:

Either I'm speculating or I'm not. Which one?

People are being asked for their views and opinions, Callie. You've had your say, and that's fine, but how many other people are overdue?

You are speculating as to why people are viewing this thread.

And I'll continue to have my say, the same as you will. How many people are hurt and wondering whether they've done something wrong or posted something wrong? I guess they don't matter as much, because it's all about the people that are nice and never say anything mean.... :rolleyes:

BeyondShy said:
reynard_muldrake said:
By the way, you've contributed nothing but odd and passive-aggressive swipes. Please speak up if you like, but offer more substance than the quip.

I think I already have. And if I told you what I really thought you'd run off and make another thread about bad this place is.

No, you haven't. And how am I running off if I'm speaking directly to you? Something doesn't compute...

ETA: still waiting to see how I "insulted" someone. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back