Confusion about lonliness

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My post was simply to remind people not to identify as lonely when their issues are something else entirely

TheRealCallie said:
Lol, think you know everything about me, do you?  
Also, no, it's not a FACT, it's your OPINION.  

But again.  PUBLIC FORUM.  Anyone can post whatever they want and can join for whatever reason.

But okay, fine.  Let's play this your way.  You didn't get that definition from Webster, it came from Dictionary.com.  

HERE is what Webster has to say.  

Definition of lonely
lonelier; loneliest
1 a : being without company : lone

too many lonely nights at home

b : cut off from others : solitary

the train stopped frequently at lonely little stations —Robert Hichens

2 : not frequented by human beings : desolate

a lonely spot in the woods

3 : sad from being alone : lonesome

He was feeling lonely without his wife and children.

4 : producing a feeling of bleakness or desolation

it's a lonely thing to be a champion —G. B. Shaw

— loneliness play \ˈlōn-lē-nəs\ noun

TheRealCallie said:
Oh and here's what Wiki has to say about it.....

Loneliness is a complex and usually unpleasant emotional response to isolation. Loneliness typically includes anxious feelings about a lack of connection or communication with other beings, both in the present and extending into the future. As such, loneliness can be felt even when surrounded by other people. The causes of loneliness are varied and include social, mental, emotional and physical factors.

Research has shown that loneliness is prevalent throughout society, including people in marriages, relationships, families, veterans, and those with successful careers.[1] It has been a long explored theme in the literature of human beings since classical antiquity. Loneliness has also been described as social pain—a psychological mechanism meant to motivate an individual to seek social connections.[2] Loneliness is often defined in terms of one's connectedness to others, or more specifically as "the unpleasant experience that occurs when a person's network of social relations is deficient in some important way".

Why doesn't any one have a real picture of them self on here? Why some childish cartoon Charter?

Seahorse said:
Why doesn't any one have a real picture of them self on here? Why some childish cartoon Charter?

Aww was that because I said to grow up?

I picked it because it looked happy.
You know, cheerful. Playful.
Don't think I need to change it to fit your definition of appropriate either.

That is your opinion... Although it doesn't seem to be supported by your actions.

Seahorse said:
Not more superior, but yes , definitely more grown up

laughing-gifs-pillow-cover.gif

This is just dumb. This site is so weird. People on FB or other social media have pictures of them selves not weird cartoon characters. This just isn't normal human interaction

I like my weird cartoon character.
And I never claimed to be normal.
🙃

Are we really getting bogged down in fundamentalist dictionarianism and claims of Facebook being more "real" human interaction because people have their faces attached to their likes and or their deep and meaningful conversations about food and baby photos...

You should know that there are also people who like/need anonymity, some people don't want others to know they suffer form loneliness, o their loneliness stems from trust issues, some people have had troubles with stalkers even.

As for the avatar, it's not supposed to be anything else than an expression of your personality or or anything you like IRL or find funny, identify with.

It took me a while to type this as i kept going into epileptic seizure looking at kaetic's avatar

Yes, my dear freaks. Face book is human. You post pictures of your life and interact with people you actually know

MisterLonely said:
You should know that there are also people who like/need anonymity, some people don't want others to know they suffer form loneliness, o their loneliness stems from trust issues, some people have had troubles with stalkers even.

As for the avatar, it's not supposed to be anything else than an expression of your personality or or anything you like IRL or find funny, identify with.

It took me a while to type this as i kept going into epileptic seizure looking at kaetic's avatar

ROFL wtvr it's cool and you know it. 😋

I am so sorry. I honesty thought that people who had limited interactactions with others for what ever reason would want to chat, joke around and get to know each other. You have no idea how sorry I am to have been mistaken

Latest posts

Back