Dating resolutions

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Moe'sTavern

With New Years Day almost upon us, I'm curious if anyone has any resolutions in terms of dating or relationships? It could be anything from talking to more people and getting out of your comfort zone to bringing more romance to an existing relationship. I'll start talking to more women and see if any of those interactions turn into actual dates.

Talk to a lot more girls, step out of my comfort zone far more often, get more dates and learn how to get better with women.

make eye contact, smile to strangers (in non dangerous situations), always ask why when I don't understand a behavior, don't sleep around

I find that using a New Years Resolution as a method of tackling any sort of serious problem, doesn't work. It's just not enough reason for people to change. It's like giving up smoking. The sole reason for doing it can't be "Because it is a new year". You have to really want to stop and take action. If you really want anything at all, the time that you do it wont be a big deal. But yes, don't sleep around Peaches and good luck to the rest of you with your Resolutions :)

Gutted said:
I find that using a New Years Resolution as a method of tackling any sort of serious problem, doesn't work. It's just not enough reason for people to change. It's like giving up smoking. The sole reason for doing it can't be "Because it is a new year". You have to really want to stop and take action. If you really want anything at all, the time that you do it wont be a big deal. But yes, don't sleep around Peaches and good luck to the rest of you with your Resolutions :)

lol, I guess it works if you repeat the resolutions every few weeks, New Year is just a slightly more solemn occasion

My only resolution is to stop looking and to stop caring. As long as I give a **** it's never going to happen I'm thinking.

Moe said:
With New Years Day almost upon us, I'm curious if anyone has any resolutions in terms of dating or relationships? It could be anything from talking to more people and getting out of your comfort zone to bringing more romance to an existing relationship. I'll start talking to more women and see if any of those interactions turn into actual dates.

Be more careful online
Be more spontaneous elsewhere.

My resolution is I've thrown in the effing towel and I'm not dating or seeing anyone at all in 2014!!

Sorry, that a sore topic for me lately :)
My resolution still stands though.

-Teresa

SofiasMami said:
My resolution is I've thrown in the effing towel and I'm not dating or seeing anyone at all in 2014!!

-Teresa
It's ok. No worries. You gotta do, what ya gotta do.

SofiasMami said:

-Teresa

I've just decided to make one today - slightly similar to yours, Teresa.
I've pretty much done the pursuing (for the most part) for any relationship I've ever been in. Well, that's obviously not working for me, as they always turn to honeysuckle. Im not really sure why it's like that - if it's the stereotypical, "guys want to do the chasing" crap or what, but I'm pretty much done with that. If no one finds me interesting enough to "pursue" then so be it - I think I'll be just fine with that.

EveWasFramed said:
SofiasMami said:

-Teresa

I've pretty much done the pursuing (for the most part) for any relationship I've ever been in. Well, that's obviously not working for me, as they always turn to honeysuckle. Im not really sure why it's like that - if it's the stereotypical, "guys want to do the chasing" crap or what, but I'm pretty much done with that. If no one finds me interesting enough to "pursue" then so be it - I think I'll be just fine with that.

I think your pretty interesting, keep your chin up :)

My dating resolution... well I guess my social resolution is to accept that I am unappealing and do my best to only take up space in my apartment and not in public. You know quietly fad into the dark like things are supposed to be.

Be more open and communicative now that my anxiety has subsided. Anxiety is certainly not advantageous when it comes to relationships and finding a partner.

EveWasFramed said:
SofiasMami said:

-Teresa

Yes, I don't chase after men :)
I'm single but I think that's better than being with someone who doesn't care enough to put out some effort.

I decided to throw in the towel on dating after hearing recently again from a fellow that I dated briefly about a year ago. He split up with his wife about 2 years ago after she cheated and he was clearly still emotionally caught up with her a year ago.

I thought there were some sparks there but it fizzled after he stopped calling. Then he texted just before Thanksgiving and I thought well maybe he's interested. So we met up for lunch, more sparks, then he flaked on meeting up again. And he's only texted since then to say Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. His silence speaks volumes, he's clearly not interested!
So it's time to find some other things to get excited about besides men. Hence, my resolution :)

-Teresa

SofiasMami said:
EveWasFramed said:
SofiasMami said:

-Teresa

I'm single but I think that's better than being with someone who doesn't care enough to put out some effort.

I decided to throw in the towel on dating after hearing recently again from a fellow that I dated briefly about a year ago. He split up with his wife about 2 years ago after she cheated and he was clearly still emotionally caught up with her a year ago.

I thought there were some sparks there but it fizzled after he stopped calling. Then he texted just before Thanksgiving and I thought well maybe he's interested. So we met up for lunch, more sparks, then he flaked on meeting up again. And he's only texted since then to say Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. His silence speaks volumes, he's clearly not interested!
So it's time to find some other things to get excited about besides men. Hence, my resolution :)

-Teresa

I suppose I have to admit that silence really does give that impression, doesn't it?

EveWasFramed said:
SofiasMami said:
EveWasFramed said:
SofiasMami said:

-Teresa

-Teresa

I suppose I have to admit that silence really does give that impression, doesn't it?

I think if they aren't texting you, they are texting someone else !
If they go quiet on you, they aren't interested !

Triple Bogey said:
EveWasFramed said:
SofiasMami said:
EveWasFramed said:
SofiasMami said:

-Teresa

-Teresa

I think if they aren't texting you, they are texting someone else !
If they go quiet on you, they aren't interested !

It would be a logical conclusion I would think.

Latest posts

Back