Dating websites - do they work ?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rodent said:
Regardless of GrayAndLonesome's post history, the way I also understood it was that especially females have to watch out for men who lie which is why he followed up with stories from the girl he dated about various men who lied to her.

So...can I call misandry now?

That's how I read it as well. I think men probably do lie more to impress the opposite sex in all honesty.

Rodent said:
EveWasFramed said:
Rodent said:
Regardless of GrayAndLonesome's post history, the way I also understood it was that especially females have to watch out for men who lie which is why he followed up with stories from the girl he dated about various men who lied to her.

Depends on who you call it on I suppose.  Not on her if she was simply relating her own experiences. Maybe on Gray, but it's a stretch and I don't think he's guilty of it. Not on me, because I wasn't generalizing men.  
However, if I misunderstood Gray's post, I'd certainly like to offer up an apology. :D

Of course it would have been on Gray since you called the same statement misogynistic when you interpreted it directed at women BUT I reckon you did so with his past remarks (for instance, about sexual discrimination from women based on his race etc. etc.) in mind.
Cause you know, if that statement stands there isolated and it's a stretch to call it misandry it would also be a stretch to call it misogyny...

I read it multiple times now and it still sounds like an advice to women to watch out for lying men...surely he'll clarify soon enough.
Well, if so, hence me offering up an apology if I misinterpreted his remark. You are correct if it was meant the way you interpreted it. :D
If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I have no problem apologizing, no matter what any of his other posts say if I misinterpreted this one. 
I will have to disagree that women need to be more careful than men on those sites than men do though, as far as dishonestly. I'm sure there are stories that are equally as horrid from both sexes.

Been using tinder every day now with no luck. 2 matches in 3 months and just one conversation that went nowhere.

Xpendable said:
Been using tinder every day now with no luck. 2 matches in 3 months and just one conversation that went nowhere.

Try bumble as well. A bit better odds in my opinion

Variety is the spice of life I say

Restless soul said:
Xpendable said:

Not available in my contry.

Xpendable said:
Restless soul said:
Xpendable said:

Not available in my contry.

I see. Interesting. Not available or just not popular? Ok. Might be down the road

EveWasFramed said:
MisterLonely said:
EveWasFramed said:
MisterLonely said:
I think he/she ment "especially females," note the added comma :)

Which would STILL be bullshit and a misogynistic remark.
I'm all for feminism and such, but reality states that in some cases women are more at risk, take for instance rape and/or sexual harrasment, women are more at risk and I think almost everyone will agree with that, is it misogynistic to make that clame then ?
When someone shows me a legitimate, broad study, with unequivocal evidence that women who you meet on dating sites lie more, I will rescind my remark. 
By the way, I'm not a fememist. Not even remotely close. :p

Still think there is a mis understanding here, the way I read it the reply states that women have to be carefull of lying men. and I think that was what wasintended by the reply.

Here the original line:
Yeah, lies are some of the stuff you need to keep an eye out for, especially females who meet men from online dating websites.

Now with the added comma:
Yeah, lies are some of the stuff you need to keep an eye out for, especially females, who meet men from online dating websites.

I'm not good at this interpuntion thingy so maybe that comma is total BS, but I think it's saying females have to watch out formen on dating sites.

MisterLonely said:
EveWasFramed said:
MisterLonely said:
EveWasFramed said:
MisterLonely said:

Which would STILL be bullshit and a misogynistic remark.
I'm all for feminism and such, but reality states that in some cases women are more at risk, take for instance rape and/or sexual harrasment, women are more at risk and I think almost everyone will agree with that, is it misogynistic to make that clame then ?
When someone shows me a legitimate, broad study, with unequivocal evidence that women who you meet on dating sites lie more, I will rescind my remark. 
By the way, I'm not a fememist. Not even remotely close. :p

Still think there is a mis understanding here, the way I read it the reply states that women have to be carefull of lying men. and I think that was what wasintended by the reply.

Here the original line:
Yeah, lies are some of the stuff you need to keep an eye out for, especially females who meet men from online dating websites.

Now with the added comma:
Yeah, lies are some of the stuff you need to keep an eye out for, especially females, who meet men from online dating websites.

I'm not good at this interpuntion thingy so maybe that comma is total BS, but I think it's saying females have to watch out formen on dating sites.
It could very well be, hence my earlier apology if that is indeed the case. :D

^^ Aah yes, just saw that now :p, it's not often us men get to point out mistakes, so we try to make the most of every opportunity we get :D

EveWasFramed said:
So you think females cornered the market on lies, yet here the lady tells you about all the times men have lied to her.
Everyone lies - it makes no difference which sex organs they have.

^^ Seriously, what is going on with you today?

Where did I state in my posting that females lie to men when it comes to online dating?!

I only stated (learn how to read carefully) that the girl I've met through online dating has told me her past experiences that the men she has met in the past through online dating have lied to her about their age or their previous marital status. For example, since I have to explain it to you in plain English, a man she's met has lied to her that he's 36 years old, when the truth was, the guy turned out to be a 44 year old man.

Rodent said:

EXACTLY!!! Thank you, Rodent! Prize of the day from Grayandlonesome to you!!! :D

At least you're smart enough to read my message carefully!

Unllke evewasframed who jumps on the feminist card bandwagon.

No where in my message did I state that women lied to men online.

MisterLonely said:

^^ I'm a male, I've stated that in many previous postings. ;)

Latest posts

Back