Descent into the madness of disposability

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ladyforsaken said:
Eve *hugs*

I can't tell you how much I feel like I can relate reading your post, maybe the people I've been involved with didn't go as far as marriage, but they meant a lot to me and I gave a lot into my relationships with people. And every single time, I end up feeling disposable too. So I sort of know what you're saying here and can empathise with you. I'm sorry that you feel so badly because of all these things that have happened, but I can assure you that you're such a beautiful person inside and out, the wise words you have given me of advice and support when I needed them and just how warm you have been towards myself and others here just shows enough of a what a wonderful person you are.

I don't think it's you? I think it's just people in general. So I don't know how to fix this problem, because I find myself feeling disposable a lot myself. I think, it's just people in general. :\

My family treats me in a similar way, I'm always the back up support, always the one to clean up the messes and always the one needed to keep things going. And it's always wrong if I wanna do something for myself, or for my life ahead of me. And then once everyone gets comfortable, they forget about me.. pretty much.

I think it's something I've been facing with and dealing with in these past few months. Even good people do this to me.. and I question the same questions you have above. It got me really bitter and got me numbed and feeling empty mostly now... and I don't know how to get it back to how it was before this.

I know you're not asking for anything more than just for someone to hear you out, but I wish I had better advice or wise words to give you back as you have done so for me before. I wish there's more that I could do so that you could feel better with regards to this. It sucks to see you feeling down. You're a really strong and inspiring woman to me, and I have always looked up to you.

Someday soon, I hope, you'll meet someone really good and honest, someone who can appreciate and love you and get along well with you. Always giving you my best wishes and hope things turn out for the better for you, as you totally deserve that.

*hugs*

I hope you don't think it's wrong of you to want to do something for yourself, because it's not. I don't know what it is with some people trying to hold others down, but it's not necessary. I don't get why some people just can't be happy for others. So what if they didn't get exactly what they wanted the second they wanted it... It's okay. The world goes on. There's no reason to be hateful towards anyone for no real reason.

So I hope you do go ahead and do things for you. Take care of you. Because there's nothing wrong with it. You don't have to hold their hands every step of the way. They can do things on their own.

I can't think of anything to say that hasn't been said already, but I will only tell you this.

Nobody is disposable. No one. None. Nada. And guess what. That includes you. Just because some F***ed up crackhead thinks so it doesn't mean it's true. I do believe in karma, and in a few years i see you happy with another man, while that a*****e will rot alone, because he will run out of women willing to put up with his s***. Guys like him can only repeat the pattern for so long before it blows back on their face. Don't fret over him, he ain't worth it. ;)

EveWasFramed said:
I rarely ask my family or friends (the few I have) for ANYTHING.
Not money, not favors, and certainly not an ear to listen. I'm a fairly private person, who doesn't tend to open myself up to speculation, ridicule or pity from others. I have no idea why I'm this way, other than perhaps being burned in the past (on the few occasions I dared to open myself up). [...]
I have to wonder if I'm doing something to cause people to abruptly discard me. I know I'm not perfect but I have a lot to offer someone. Love, loyalty, understanding, empathy...
Of all the men (listed above) who have come into my life in some sort of romantic capacity, almost NONE of them are similar in personality. I can't even blame it on "I attract or am attracted to the wrong kind of man."
You are a strong and independent woman. This is something almost everybody notices. Especially men. So on the one hand, that increases your attractivity, on the other it may induce to some men a complex of inferiority that makes them feel insecure. i don`t know. Some psychologists say that it`s in the nature of men to be the "hunter/predator". My guess is that you don`t "smell/look" like a prey. :p I won`t analyze or judge your ex-es, I trust you made conscious choices at that time that looked good enough for you to start the relationships. What came afterwards was not foreknown or foreseen. But I also think your feminine intuition is working well, when it makes you stop and wonder, what the root of all this is. I would also ask myself if it were me. For this the only thing that comes to my mind is to try and see yourself through the eyes of others (family, ex) and your perception of them. Even an imaginary roleplay maybe. Who knows, maybe you`ll find partial answers. One thing I know: the answers are there, the subconscious has them, we are unaware of them.
I mean...my own family uses me as something disposable. My mother is the one exception. [...] I'm the "go to" person. I'm the ear that listens, the shoulder that gets cried on and the personal banker in some cases. I think that sometimes, things become the "norm" even if they're messed up.
See? you`re the element of stability that has become so familiar that is taken for granted and it`s natural to be so (in their eyes). Well, if you don`t want to change that and make it clear that you have your own boundaries set, at least by being aware of how things work in your family, it`s easier to accept and adjust to them.
I don't want to be a bitter person and I have to wonder, at what point, it might become inevitable. Do I simply keep interacting with people, knowing I'm nothing more than something disposable to them? Or, do I turn into a recluse, who keeps my interactions with others to a minimum, to avoid being repeatedly hurt?
I made a conscious choice of becoming a recluse. It is not an easy way, because it involves being alone and lonely. But it was my choice and I`m at peace with it. The other way, of giving yourself as many chances as necessary to have a happy relationship, isn`t easy either and I admire those who have this courage and don`t give up.
I think you`ll find eventually a good partner and have a wonderful relationship. You have all the qualities, like many have said above. But however much you analyze yourself, apart from bringing you personal insights, once you start a relationship it`s like a stick with two ends held by you and your partner, and whatever happens will be the outcome of your interaction +/- compromises ( not the merit or guilt of just one).
Hug, Eve. Don`t let yourself be discouraged, because as many above also said, you have absolutely no reason to doubt yourself. (Hug)

Eve, for you:

tumblr_nc45a7j8VN1ssuoa0o1_250.gif

tumblr_nc45a7j8VN1ssuoa0o2_250.gif

tumblr_nc45a7j8VN1ssuoa0o3_250.gif

tumblr_nc45a7j8VN1ssuoa0o4_250.gif

Seeker_2.0 said:
I can't think of anything to say that hasn't been said already, but I will only tell you this.

Nobody is disposable. No one. None. Nada. And guess what. That includes you. Just because some F***ed up crackhead thinks so it doesn't mean it's true. I do believe in karma, and in a few years i see you happy with another man, while that a*****e will rot alone, because he will run out of women willing to put up with his s***. Guys like him can only repeat the pattern for so long before it blows back on their face. Don't fret over him, he ain't worth it. ;)

Him? lol, Seeker. Which one? :p

SophiaGrace said:
Eve, for you:

tumblr_nc45a7j8VN1ssuoa0o1_250.gif

LOL :D That was awesome.

zero said:
You are a strong and independent woman. This is something almost everybody notices. Especially men. So on the one hand, that increases your attractivity, on the other it may induce to some men a complex of inferiority that makes them feel insecure. i don`t know. Some psychologists say that it`s in the nature of men to be the "hunter/predator". My guess is that you don`t "smell/look" like a prey. :p I won`t analyze or judge your ex-es, I trust you made conscious choices at that time that looked good enough for you to start the relationships. What came afterwards was not foreknown or foreseen. But I also think your feminine intuition is working well, when it makes you stop and wonder, what the root of all this is. I would also ask myself if it were me. For this the only thing that comes to my mind is to try and see yourself through the eyes of others (family, ex) and your perception of them. Even an imaginary roleplay maybe. Who knows, maybe you`ll find partial answers. One thing I know: the answers are there, the subconscious has them, we are unaware of them.

Well, when examining the root of something, you look for a constant. I'm the ONLY constant. I've examined and re-examined and only I remain when everything else is accounted for. That would lead one to believe the "root" of the issue it's what's left, wouldn't it?

Like I said...there were a number of the men I mentioned who were decent guys. I obviously wasn't what they were looking for. It just seemed that they decided that overnight. Maybe some people are like that.

zero said:
See? you`re the element of stability that has become so familiar that is taken for granted and it`s natural to be so (in their eyes). Well, if you don`t want to change that and make it clear that you have your own boundaries set, at least by being aware of how things work in your family, it`s easier to accept and adjust to them.

I've actually set boundaries over the past couple of years and stuck to most of them. Even with that, they still lean on my way too much.
maybe I'll move to Romania and see how they do on their own. :D

zero said:
You have all the qualities, like many have said above. But however much you analyze yourself, apart from bringing you personal insights, once you start a relationship it`s like a stick with two ends held by you and your partner, and whatever happens will be the outcome of your interaction +/- compromises ( not the merit or guilt of just one).
Hug, Eve. Don`t let yourself be discouraged, because as many above also said, you have absolutely no reason to doubt yourself. (Hug)

As I said in one of my previous posts in this thread, I know that I do have some good qualities. But really...how in demand are those qualities these days? Not very much, it appears.

I'll still question myself - I always do. Sometimes I find the answers I seek and sometimes I don't. Maybe this is just one of those things that I will never know.

Back to YOU, Zero. While I can understanding your reasons (from this post and PM's we've shared) you are a truly wonderful person and at some point, I hope you choose to leave the solitude behind and seek something for yourself. *hug*

You’ve been through the ringer and have every right to feel bitter. How is it so many feel they can treat others that way?

I wish I had some useful advice. Perhaps keep away from men online now, you need to be able to have a serious look at someone (in person, and over several weeks/months) to determine if you’re willing to “invest” again.

ardour said:
You’ve been through the ringer and have every right to feel bitter. How is it so many feel they can treat others that way?

I wish I had some useful advice. Perhaps keep away from men online now, you need to be able to have a serious look at someone (in person, and over several weeks/months) to determine if you’re willing to “invest” again.

Im not bitter - yet. lol

All the guys listed weren't from on line, but the bulk of them were. Do you think it has something to do with that? People on line are just people in real life, aren't they?
Something to ponder I think.

EveWasFramed said:
Im not bitter - yet. lol

All the guys listed weren't from on line, but the bulk of them were. Do you think it has something to do with that? People on line are just people in real life, aren't they?
Something to ponder I think.

As you know I have little experience with this, but the impression I get from others is that dating sites host a lot of flakes or those looking for hook-ups without being honest about it.

It's true but there are many who are there for the right reasons.
I've also *met* people other places on line as well - not just dating sites.
The whole issue is a bit of an oddity for me I suppose.

VanillaCreme said:
I hope you don't think it's wrong of you to want to do something for yourself, because it's not. I don't know what it is with some people trying to hold others down, but it's not necessary. I don't get why some people just can't be happy for others. So what if they didn't get exactly what they wanted the second they wanted it... It's okay. The world goes on. There's no reason to be hateful towards anyone for no real reason.

So I hope you do go ahead and do things for you. Take care of you. Because there's nothing wrong with it. You don't have to hold their hands every step of the way. They can do things on their own.

I don't get it either, Nilla. *sigh*

I am just going to keep trying to strive for just one thing that I'd like in this life, that is to move out and be on my own.

*hugs* Thank you. <3

EveWasFramed said:
Seeker_2.0 said:

Husband Two :rolleyes2:

Seeker_2.0 said:
EveWasFramed said:
Seeker_2.0 said:

LOL...Yep, he was a jackass.

Sadly, about five years after we divorced, he was in a terrible accident at work and received 2nd (and some 3rd) degree burns to most of his body.
He was an ass, but I can't say I'd wish that on him.

EveWasFramed said:
Seeker_2.0 said:
EveWasFramed said:
Seeker_2.0 said:

LOL...Yep, he was a jackass.

Sadly, about five years after we divorced, he was in a terrible accident at work and received 2nd (and some 3rd) degree burns to most of his body.
He was an ass, but I can't say I'd wish that on him.

It really is funny how life works sometimes...seems like everybody eventually get what's coming to them.

Seeker_2.0 said:
It really is funny how life works sometimes...seems like everybody eventually get what's coming to them.

I'm on the fence with karma. It may or may not be a real thing.

I think what would tip me over into being a full believer, however, would be scientific evidence of it. So far I've seen none. No peer-reviewed, double-blind studies yet, in favor of it's existence...

Batman55 said:
Seeker_2.0 said:

I'm on the fence with karma. It may or may not be a real thing.

I think what would tip me over into being a full believer, however, would be scientific evidence of it. So far I've seen none. No peer-reviewed, double-blind studies yet, in favor of it's existence...

Karma is based purely on chance/luck, so I don't see it ever associating with science.

I think I've decided that opening your heart up to someone isn't worth the pain of having a barbed instrument shoved into it at any given moment.

EveWasFramed said:
I think I've decided that opening your heart up to someone isn't worth the pain of having a barbed instrument shoved into it at any given moment.

*nods* I agree.

ladyforsaken said:
EveWasFramed said:

*nods* I agree.

:club: WTF is wrong with people? We're ******* amazing.

EveWasFramed said:
ladyforsaken said:
EveWasFramed said:

*nods* I agree.

:club: WTF is wrong with people? We're ******* amazing.

I know, right? Sheesh, people are totally missing out.
Eve <3

Latest posts

Back