Do women like "manly" men?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Edward W said:
They should see a doctor, quickly.

I do not claim to be a medical expert, but I'm sure thats the wrong end for it.

Sorry, just to add...

MissGuided said:
I like penis. Not having that is typically a deal breaker for me.

Me too (mine that is), I would be most perturbed to find I no longer had aformentioned item.

*chuckles*

I used to feel embarassed with my hair but lately I've taken some pride in it, but I feel I may have too much hair. So let me ask you girls, how much hair is too much hair? On the arms? On the chest? On the legs?

I'm not saying I'm as hairy as Robin Williams or Steve Carell but I'm not bare either.

I'm interested into sensitive/emotional type of men, men that are willing to open up on a whole different level. I'm pretty emotional myself, but than I also go for men who are guy and quiet. It all depends to be honest, if I can communicate with them and we get along well, then sure I go for them. Most of the men I go for are feminine to be honest, manly man I've never been attracted too but everyone has their own type per say.

nerdygirl said:
Among the Sleep said:
That last part definitely makes sense. Some guys my age man (I'm 23), they just have cum pouring out of their eyes constantly, and when I see them with girls I'm just like WTF!? How can a nice fella like me be such a lonely goose egg when these guys get girls? Just need to be patient I guess. I wise man once told me "Patience is a virtue, but it's also an enormous pain in the dick". Those words ring very true.

They have cum pouring out of their eyes?? Constantly?? Do you live in some crazy hentai world or what?

Wasn't meant to be taken literally...

I'm not a prototypical alpha "manly" male. I am more comfortable getting advice on what to do or whatever for my girlfriend as she is very much a alpha female type. The problem is that I think that as "nice" as I am there is that "take charge" persona she wants and doesn't want the responsibility to lead all the time. I can't change myself into that alpha male, but I have made a few lifestyle changes that have given me some confidence and wisdom in certain scenarios. For instance, embarrassment is my weak spot. I hate it and I avoid it. However, I've come to the realization that making a joke of it and moving on shows a lot more character and composure than getting mad about it. Back to me not lining to make calls on anything, my gf asked about a diving course as I had already gotten my certification. She was humming and hawing about it so I asked her her schedule next month and when one of the weekends was free, I called up the dive shop and booked her in and said we are going diving once she's certified. It felt good that I could make a call like that when normally just beat around and say "what would you like to do hon?" After that there was some glow about her and it kept me driven to continue to be a guy that doesn't wait on her hand and foot. If I have an idea, make the suggestion and run with it. Feelsgoodman.

P.s- it is never about being an inconsiderate overbearing jerk...that is not the same thing

MellyVinelli said:
I'm not a prototypical alpha "manly" male. I am more comfortable getting advice on what to do or whatever for my girlfriend as she is very much a alpha female type. The problem is that I think that as "nice" as I am there is that "take charge" persona she wants and doesn't want the responsibility to lead all the time. I can't change myself into that alpha male, but I have made a few lifestyle changes that have given me some confidence and wisdom in certain scenarios. For instance, embarrassment is my weak spot. I hate it and I avoid it. However, I've come to the realization that making a joke of it and moving on shows a lot more character and composure than getting mad about it. Back to me not lining to make calls on anything, my gf asked about a diving course as I had already gotten my certification. She was humming and hawing about it so I asked her her schedule next month and when one of the weekends was free, I called up the dive shop and booked her in and said we are going diving once she's certified. It felt good that I could make a call like that when normally just beat around and say "what would you like to do hon?" After that there was some glow about her and it kept me driven to continue to be a guy that doesn't wait on her hand and foot. If I have an idea, make the suggestion and run with it. Feelsgoodman.

P.s- it is never about being an inconsiderate overbearing jerk...that is not the same thing

That's good that you did that! Very positive post, thank you for sharing! It makes me happy seeing two people in love and working together! :D Yay!

What women want is to be with a "High-Status" man.

It's a biological response to certain traits that a man can display.

What is high status, and how can I get it?

For me having high-status falls into three main categories, If you have these rocking and rolling, you're 80% there, this is what I tell my clients:

Great Body Language, and Voice Tone: Take up some space in the world. Spread out, stop fidgeting, stuttering, or breaking eye contact. Speak slower. Pretend that you have a six foot bubble around you at all times, and whenever anyone enters your sphere, they are now a guest in YOUR reality.
Great Communication Skills: Be a great listener, be engaged and present in the conversation you're having. Humor is fantastic, just don't laugh at your own jokes. Empathy is your best friend.
Sense Of Fashion: Know what looks good on you. You're likely wearing an oversized shirt right now. Wherever you go you should be dressed like you meant to leave your house looking good. That means shower/shave, fix your hair. Look like you give a ****.

These are of course, very broad strokes.

jeffcallahan said:

It's a biological response to certain traits that a man can display.

What is high status, and how can I get it?

For me having high-status falls into three main categories, If you have these rocking and rolling, you're 80% there, this is what I tell my clients:

Great Body Language, and Voice Tone: Take up some space in the world. Spread out, stop fidgeting, stuttering, or breaking eye contact. Speak slower. Pretend that you have a six foot bubble around you at all times, and whenever anyone enters your sphere, they are now a guest in YOUR reality.
Great Communication Skills: Be a great listener, be engaged and present in the conversation you're having. Humor is fantastic, just don't laugh at your own jokes. Empathy is your best friend.
Sense Of Fashion: Know what looks good on you. You're likely wearing an oversized shirt right now. Wherever you go you should be dressed like you meant to leave your house looking good. That means shower/shave, fix your hair. Look like you give a ****.

These are of course, very broad strokes.

Sounds like some of the PUA stuff I see on the forum.

Im sorry, but you don't speak for all women.

Say what you want about pua but there is no denying that it gets results. From other videos of his talks I can say that he's a messed up guy and probably a psychopath but I can't say his stuff doesn't work.

[video=youtube]

I won't speak for any woman because I'm a guy. But something I noticed ever since I changed my lifestyle to be more active. I didn't decide to do this because to be quite honest, I have no idea what women want, including my gf. All my life I've been super careful with what I say and how I say it to make sure I don't offend anyone. Recently, I've just spoken my mind and almost a sense of "I don't give a f***" attitude. It is not conscious but analyzing myself at the end of the day that is one thing I noticed. With some women, *not all*, they would either eventually look away, or maybe smile. With my girlfriend, she clutches my arm more when we're out, and she actually asked me for my opinion more. Throughout our 8 years together, I've always asked her what she wanted to do because I wanted to make her happy. The more I tried, the less she responded. She has always been the leader in the relationship.

One thing I don't do is give girls the elevator. Only eye contact. Anything else is very disrespectful. Before my gf got mad at me for looking at girls probably because I would look up and down. Now gf doesn't say anything at all maybe because its not who I look at but how I look? I don't know.

Just observation.

MellyVinelli said:
I won't speak for any woman because I'm a guy. But something I noticed ever since I changed my lifestyle to be more active. I didn't decide to do this because to be quite honest, I have no idea what women want, including my gf. All my life I've been super careful with what I say and how I say it to make sure I don't offend anyone. Recently, I've just spoken my mind and almost a sense of "I don't give a f***" attitude. It is not conscious but analyzing myself at the end of the day that is one thing I noticed. With some women, *not all*, they would either eventually look away, or maybe smile. With my girlfriend, she clutches my arm more when we're out, and she actually asked me for my opinion more. Throughout our 8 years together, I've always asked her what she wanted to do because I wanted to make her happy. The more I tried, the less she responded. She has always been the leader in the relationship.

One thing I don't do is give girls the elevator. Only eye contact. Anything else is very disrespectful. Before my gf got mad at me for looking at girls probably because I would look up and down. Now gf doesn't say anything at all maybe because its not who I look at but how I look? I don't know.

Just observation.

That is interesting, so as soon as you made a small tweak to your behavior you started noticing results...

That's awesome! :)

Question: since you started speaking your mind more, how are you feeling about yourself?

Well certainly I feel less anxiety and in a better mental state because it is simply a positive feedback loop. This is by no means a PUA thing. At least from my point of view. I'm in a committed monogamous relationship. I want to make a positive influence on things. One confounding factor though may be the improving weather. I live in Atlantic Canada where for most of the year the climate is utter crap. Cold, dark, miserable. With the sun, I feel better. Just to ensure I cover all bases. We'll see what happens when the weather sucks again lol.

Ugh, questions like these are a bit tedious. Not every woman is the same, some will like things others hate, etc etc.

I suppose most women like manly (assuming you mean attraction) men to a certain extent, otherwise they would be lesbian. I think this is more a question of generally, and because of this, there will be a mixture of information; possibly a riot.

MellyVinelli said:
Well certainly I feel less anxiety and in a better mental state because it is simply a positive feedback loop. This is by no means a PUA thing. At least from my point of view. I'm in a committed monogamous relationship. I want to make a positive influence on things. One confounding factor though may be the improving weather. I live in Atlantic Canada where for most of the year the climate is utter crap. Cold, dark, miserable. With the sun, I feel better. Just to ensure I cover all bases. We'll see what happens when the weather sucks again lol.

Cool, positive feedback loops are the best.

I totally agree with it not being a pua thing, it's a self empowerment/development thing...

Congrats to you and your partner! My two year anniversary with my gf is coming up next week.

And I agree...weather does factor into feeling good. Sun is good for the spirit.

Depends on the woman. I am definitely not some women's cup of tea, and very much others. I am erudite, educated, gentile and if needs be can rip apart an opponent with my bare hands. I am chunky and sturdy and have a traditional 'bloke' build (with beard). Some people want me precisely as is, some want my mind in a more effete frame and some want my frame but a more neanderthal mindset.

Simple answer is yes, some do. Find the one who wants you, not parts of you.

anything remotely resembling Don Draper will do ;) To note: not for the status, but for the manners, honesty, kindness, humor, and ok, also for the chest hair

Among the Sleep said:
Obviously, it's different for every woman, you can't just make blanket statements. But I think it's a biological thing, isn't it? I'm asking because I'm quite the opposite of a "manly" man. I look a few years younger than I am, I don't even grow that much facial hair. I have somewhat of a soft voice, I have no aggression in me (not that aggression is sexy to women), I'm a little pudgy, I have a really goofy personality. I'm an extremely funny person, I have that going for me. But to me the idea that women love funny guys is the biggest lie in the world, cause I keep people laughing constantly and it doesn't help me. Is it possible to be like, too goofy? Too funny? Like if a guy is just cracking jokes constantly does it turn you off to him as a potential partner for some reason? Is it possible that women just like, don't take me seriously? 23 years of striking out with women has just left me confused. Cause I feel like I'm an average looking guy with a really nice personality and I just don't get much attention. I think I might give off a bit of an "I hate myself" vibe, which doesn't help. But I'm very unmanly and I guess low on confidence. Ugh, I'm so lonely. Sick of being such a nothing. Blah. I need a shot of vodka and a hug.

I hadn't read the reason for the thread, sorry about that - actually many women have a lot of masculine energy, so that fits just perfectly, no question of being unmanly, the sensitive vibe is sexy.
Just look at what you consider is manliness or qualities that *you* would like to have and see if you can work on some of them in order to feel more happy with yourself, but I am sure that lots of girls will appreciate what you already have.
Nowdays we are all a bit confused about what is man and what is woman, I guess the place where the difference really appears is in the bedroom, but again, people's boats get rocked by very different reasons.

Latest posts

Back