Do you find yourself doing weird things due to loneliness?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when i was little and didn't have friend, i had hundreds and thousands of stuffed animals....and now there all gone :(

i believe i get more depressed about losing spot the wonder dog then losing my dog of an ex

:'( i told spot things no-one knew :(

anyway!

honestly no i don't get weird cravings, i tend to try blanking out the loneliness by either msn'ing, watching or playing sports, gaming or doing somnething that always gets off my mind :)

Van Hooligan X said:
when i was little and didn't have friend, i had hundreds and thousands of stuffed animals....and now there all gone :(

i believe i get more depressed about losing spot the wonder dog then losing my dog of an ex

:'( i told spot things no-one knew :(

anyway!

honestly no i don't get weird cravings, i tend to try blanking out the loneliness by either msn'ing, watching or playing sports, gaming or doing somnething that always gets off my mind :)

I can't sit and think for long, I have to be on the computer, watch tv or read a book. I get bored easily lol.

If I'm around people, I listen to music so I can't hear what they are saying, and then I find somewhere that doesn't feel incredibly painfully awkward for me to sit, and I watch people and I draw them. More often or not I'll have my stressed angry dogface on, which I guess doesn't help encourage people to approach me, lol.

Well, i stopped listening to rap about 5 years ago, but lastnight i found an old Eazy-E cd and i haven't stopped listening to it O_O
I think the loneliness is making me crazy, because it's been a long time since i was down with the E.A.Z.Y.E :d

[youtube]5vKWjXvp-mc[/youtube]

hmm i dont know about weird.. that seems pretty relative to me.. unless its something obviously weird like shaving your pet and knitting a fake beard out of it.. or sneaking into fields at night and painting happy faces on cows...

but..

i have found myself having more time for people now that i am on my own (and it has been a while...) when i go down to the servo to get some snacks or smokes.. instead of being perfunctory... hi..smokes please.. thanks.. bye...etc

i found myself lingering a little.. maybe asking the dude/dudette how their night is.. i find that this simple effort in a little chit chat is good all round.. makes me feel like i am still part of the human race.. and it can help break up the boredom of someone working the night shift.. (usually thats when i am awake and outside)...

i've noticed that a little chat and being a regular brings rewards too.. one dude gives me heavy discounts :)

i found that I...

Dont like to go outside too much any more. i just sit and play sad songs on my guitar or just see if anyone is on ventrillo(real life friends) and see who wants to talk

I check facebook alot to see if someone sends me a message, i havent gotten a message ina long while

I find it harder to get up every day, i get up between 6am and 11am i have no set time its summer break here

when i work out my only reasons are to just try to feel better physicaly hoping it will affect my mental status here or atleast get somone to notice ( ive been called hot alot accually but i dont seem to turn heads... i dont get woman and never will)

i find my mind races on about what i should try to do...get outside, talk to a stranger, help a neighbor, but i just sit and play WoW for like an hour

I found myself playing alot more computer and realized on my own that i was addicted to WoW, cut my hours back alot havent played in a few days only play a few times a week for not that long durring early morning or late night hours

I find myself coming here more often

I wish i could finid myself but i seem to get lost in my ever racing mind

Randomact164 said:
i found that I...

Dont like to go outside too much any more. i just sit and play sad songs on my guitar or just see if anyone is on ventrillo(real life friends) and see who wants to talk

I check facebook alot to see if someone sends me a message, i havent gotten a message ina long while

I find it harder to get up every day, i get up between 6am and 11am i have no set time its summer break here

when i work out my only reasons are to just try to feel better physicaly hoping it will affect my mental status here or atleast get somone to notice ( ive been called hot alot accually but i dont seem to turn heads... i dont get woman and never will)

i find my mind races on about what i should try to do...get outside, talk to a stranger, help a neighbor, but i just sit and play WoW for like an hour

I found myself playing alot more computer and realized on my own that i was addicted to WoW, cut my hours back alot havent played in a few days only play a few times a week for not that long durring early morning or late night hours

I find myself coming here more often

I wish i could finid myself but i seem to get lost in my ever racing mind

Wow sounds like I'm reading my own post (except that I'm a woman). I get up earlier than you do though. I've been up since 2:00 a.m. I also play the guitar and sing although I haven't been doing much of that lately. I've been told I'm pretty but I don't feel it so I don't get much attention from men. If I do get attention, it's the wrong kind. My mind constantly races. I have ADHD so that makes it hard. I wish you luck in everything!

Wow.... I thought I was the only one who did weird stuff.

Things include:

1.Joining okcupid. It may not seem weird but I have (or in this case, had) this very weird stance against dating sites.

2. Listen to songs about heartbreak and loneliness; imagine a scene where I'm breaking up/being lonely and cry. Pathetic actually.

3. Do random things like joining this forum. This is just about the only forum I actually joined and occasionally participate.

4. Make my sims have a ton of affairs and watch the drama that enfolds when his/her lovers find out about the other lovers.

So, yes, I have no life like that.

i sleep with a tiny orange dragon, i got it when i was around 12 and i always take it with me when i go on trips out of town.

i think its the plant eating kind

I argue with myself..outloud. Like, I'll be walking around and I'm like, "fresia! That's not gonna work!" Just outta nowhere..people think I hear voices, or that I have tourettes :p

I personally talk to my self, a lot...hahahah
Its really a bad habit I've got in to as sometimes I'll find my self having a conversation with my self then out of no where I will actually say what I was going to say in my head out loud....It's very embarrassing if someone actually catches you or you are caught out, its not easy explaining it to normal people, believe me ;)

Oh and daydreaming, again i do this way.

Bobby Z said:
I personally talk to my self, a lot...hahahah
Its really a bad habit I've got in to as sometimes I'll find my self having a conversation with my self then out of no where I will actually say what I was going to say in my head out loud....It's very embarrassing if someone actually catches you or you are caught out, its not easy explaining it to normal people, believe me ;)

Oh and daydreaming, again i do this way.

OMG me too! I talk to myself too lol. I will often think of conversations I wish I'd had with someone, and say them out loud to myself when I'm alone. I will often replay conversations I've already had with people, and say the things I wish I had said, things that would've sounded great, instead of the bullshit I managed to say at the time..
I've only said something from my imaginary convos out loud in public once or twice, and I don't think anyone heard me lol luckily.

blue_azure said:
2. Listen to songs about heartbreak and loneliness; imagine a scene where I'm breaking up/being lonely and cry. Pathetic actually.

4. Make my sims have a ton of affairs and watch the drama that enfolds when his/her lovers find out about the other lovers.

I listen to beautiful sad songs about missing someone, imagine slow dancing with my bf to the music, wishing I could hold him :(

I used to do the Sims affair/drama stuff too. I would actually play Sims for hours and hours, wishing I had what my Sims had. A husband, a dream house, genuinely good friends, a good job... Then after playing with them for a while I would save the game and then burn them all, feel bad and start the game again from where I saved it lol

You know what I HATE doing while here in my home? Being concerned about the folks above me. They leave me no choice with all the noise they make. I got up earlier than necessary because all I heard was BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM at the ceiling!

And when you hear these noises on a daily/nightly basis, you can't help but wondering what the heck is going on up there when it occurs. I hate wondering because it can take me to either being extremely worried for someone up there, or extremely envious. I know I've talked about this here before, but it is driving me up a wall and I'm not the type to confront folks about what they do in their home.

NerdGirl said:
In an effort to be more introspective, I've been examining some of my 'weird' behaviors to find out why I do the things I do. I've noticed a lot of my oddness stems from loneliness. For example:

4) I check the Craigslist "Missed Connections" section almost daily, secretly and fervently hope that someone will have felt a connection with me and post it on that website. This, too, is silly, but I can't resist checking, just in case.

Oh boy, I do the Missed Connections thing too, even though I know damned well that since I have made myself virtually a shut-in, that there's nothing there for me. I mean really, is someone going to be so overcome with passion at a glimpse of me in the frozen foods aisle at the local Price Chopper that he just HAS to contact me? I think not.

I guess I read it because I marvel that people out there WOULD try to connect after the fact. It appeals to the loneliness inside me.

Unfortunately, when I get lonely, I shut myself off further from the world, turning off the ringer of my phone, not answering the door on the rare occasion that it rings. I isolate myself further, but for what reason? I get very introspective, which hasn't been a bad thing for my artwork and writing, but it's not all that great for a healthy mind/psyche.

Latest posts

Back