Do you like your life?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you like your life?

• Yes, it's worthwhile

Votes: 17 38.6%
  • No, it's a waste

Votes: 27 61.4%

• Total voters
C

Chair

Do you like your life?

I find my life to be a waste. Hopefully it becomes meaningful one day.

At one point I hated just about everything about myself. But then one day I decided not to. Things have been getting better ever since!

Spare said:
At one point I hated just about everything about myself. But then one day I decided not to. Things have been getting better ever since!

I need to try this. :)

I don't like my life a whole lot at the moment. I still feel that it's worthwhile though, so I voted "yes". :)

Punisher said:
Nope. It's a load of honeysuckle :D

LOL :D

.. i don't really think about it, it could be better, it could be worse.. at every stage of my life there seems to have always been 'something missing' or 'something wrong', whether it was something obvious or something vague.. so now i either try to remind myself of what i am grateful for.. no matter how small, or just not think about it. i've wallowed or obsessed a lot in my life and i figured it was enough, it tends to go nowhere.. just makes everything you have to do in life 'just to get by' all the more difficult.. anyway, what's wrong with 'just getting by'? there is a lot of pressure in society to achieve, succeed, live life to the fullest.. whatever that means.. the pressure was a lot heavier in my 20's, now in my thirties i am so far behind according to some vague, abstract 'idea' of life i honestly just don't give a honeysuckle..

"I fell off the track
Now I can't go back
I'm not like that"
-- The Strokes

guess i'm taking the scenic route :p

Truth be told, I have it better than most people around me. I hide my loneliness..and its one where even if I have people around me, I can still feel lonely. I've had a few circumstances where friends tell me they wish they had a certain aspect of my life in theirs, blah blah but far from feeling egoistic, it just makes me sad because they don't know the truth - they just assume I got it good. Only my best friend knows about it and she was utterly perplexed to say the least.

So to answer the question, I guess i'm sitting on the fence at the moment. Everything is relative and while people think I have a good life, I relatively think I'm far from feeling complete.

I am learning to like the little things...free parking, a friendly hello, new guitar strings, a good cup of coffee, etc.

The big things still suck but I'm trying not to dwell on them.

I like who I am, despite my flaws.

I like many of my accomplishments, and am finally learning to accept my failures as temporary setbacks from which to learn a valuable lesson, and not as a total indictment of who I am. - That only took me 41 years!

I like the fact that I have finally been able to use my periods of solitude and done something positive with that time instead of just holing up in my house, sitting on my couch in a darkened room with an icy glass of bourbon, weeping while the world went on all around me and forgetting about me. - It's not perfect yet, but I'm getting there.

This year, I hope to continue to make progress on my writing and really develop that as a career. Once I feel more solid about that, I'll feel a bit more secure in attending to my love-life and getting back out there.

As always, the single best part of my life is my children. I love them more than I thought I could love anyone, as clicheed as that sounds.

Let's hope I can keep this mindset up. ;-)

I am enjoying the road. Although lately it has been most of the time dark, I still can feel the road under my feet. I like the existence, so I must accept my life with it's features also.

Chair said:
Do you like your life?

I find my life to be a waste. Hopefully it becomes meaningful one day.

Ditto, however I'll be pleasantly suprised if mine takes a turn for the better one day, and I hope it does. Hope yours works out for you too. :)

No, I hate my life. I've never been happy without being in a sexual relationship and I'm not in one now. I'm lazy because I have no ambition. I suffer from mild chronic depression (disthymia) and mild ADD. I'm unemployed and living off of my retirement savings. I have about 16 months left before it runs out. And I'm thinking at this point that I would rather be homeless than work for a living. Life Sucks!!!

I hate my life. luckily my counselor reminded me that this wasnt always the case; there was a time i liked my life. i actually went to bed at night because i wanted to get up the next day. ahhhh....the good 'ol days. but if i got there once, means i can get there again.....i think.

Can't say I like my life at moment. It's far from what I want it to be. But, I have about an estimated 60 years left of it, so maybe I will come to like my life one day. And when that happens...when that happens...hmmm, I'm not sure what I'll feel like.

Aside from my physical condition and the disaster that is my "social life", then there are many areas of my life that are well at the moment. Cant really give a "yes" or "no".

I don't know. A waste is a bit extreme as I do know I've done great things to help others, to impact the lives of my nephews, etc. So, no, not a waste.

But I am miserable. I just feel like I was set up to be miserable... misery and sadness and anger is most of what I grew up knowing... I've made choices that I feel stuck with now. I married someone I wasn't in love with because he was kind and loving and stable, he was everything I didn't know and thought I should love. I've spent years trying to truly be in love with him...he's so kind and good that this eats me every day...

I'm a person who gives and gives and gives to my family with no acknowledgment... and all the while knowing that when I need them, they won't be there back for me...

I have no local friends because I completely suck at truly connecting with people. Every true friend I have has been my friend since I was a little girl. My most recent friend is my husband. That's sad to me. We've been together for almost 9 years....

I missed the love of my life everyday that my heart felt like it was breaking. After trying to not talk him for about 5 months, we're back in touch and life feels a little more bearable. This also eats at me because I feel like I'm betraying my husband...

I feel like I'm being punished by who knows what... I desperately want children, but after several failed fertility treatments, I'm left empty... I feel like I'm being punished because I want to be a mother more than I want to be a wife to my husband...

In a way my life seems to be wasted on others... so at the same time it's been worthwhile...to others. I've invested my entire life in making my nephews lives better. They're my world...

I've been through therapy with a so called best psychiatrist in Chicago... he didn't help :( Though, I'm also anti meds (for me, personally, not others!) having been medicated much of my teen life thanks to my crazy mother ;) I'd really like to learn coping mechanisms, then maybe medications. But fertility issues also plays into my anti-meds for me at the moment.

There are many things that make me happy... we get to travel quite a bit, I love cooking and going to fine restaurants. I love what I do for my nephews... but everything is also laced with so much sadness and misery... I feel nothing is easy for me... I feel so angry, sad and hateful all of the time...

Yes, I actually do like my life. I am incredible lonely, and often I feel like a complete failure, and that I can't do anything right. There are a lot of things that I wish I can change about myself. But I do realize that I'm very blessed compared to other people in the world. Even though it's not perfect, I do like my life. I just hope that one day I can actually live it to the fullest, instead of always being so scared.

Latest posts

Back