Do You Think God Is Out To Get You? Punishing You?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im sure that if there was a god, that our lives are so insignificant to him/her to actually care enough to take an effect on it.

Well, I can say for MYSELF that at times I do feel that God is out to get me or punish me. I feel like God punishes the little people and let the people who have it all just live a happy, wonderful life. I get so upset when I see how much evil, deception, lying and other things that is going on in this world and it seems like these people are getting off free to do what they want in this world, no matter who is hurt in the process. I know that none of us are perfect, but for the ones who try to do the right thing and lead a productive life it seems like they are the ones that are picked on for some reason?

In addition, appearances are deceiving and those people who have it all could be going through some bad stuff and just don't show it? I don't Know?

Granted, I am speaking from my own perspective in regards to how I feel about God at the moment. I know that things can change in a moment and I might think something different tomorrow?

Todd said:
feel like God punishes the little people and let the people who have it all just live a happy, wonderful life.

Mark 10:25 - It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.

this life is over in the blink of an eye.

this life is just a blip on the radar.

no one before us knew we would be here.

and within two generations after we are gone, we will be forgotten.

people who are obsessed with gaining riches, power, and control in this life may just end up having the tables turned on them.

i believe that life is a test.

those people will fail the test.

the test of spiritual growth.

don't be envious of the liars, deceivers, manipulators, dictators in this world.

you think they are winning, even they think they are winning.

if God is keeping score, they likely are NOT winning.

look how the hours melt into days, the days melt into weeks, and the weeks into years, and so on...

this life will be over in an instant.

you can't take money, power, and status with you.

live every day like it is your last, stand true to your beliefs and principles, take the hard road, let character be your currency...

and you might just find that God was on your side the whole time,

and that you've passed the test.

who knows? i sure don't.

man must've created the universe too, lol

i'm personally credited with creating the andromeda galaxy

also, you don't "know" there is no god,

so your "faith" is just as misplaced as the faith which you disparage.

i'm an agnostic, the only reasonable approach...

is to say "fresia if i know"

SofiasMami said:
Meh.
God didn't create man.
Man created god.

"God creates dinosaurs. God destroys dinosaurs. God creates man. Man destroys God. Man creates dinosaurs..."

jeff_goldblum.jpg

I think its a bit sad people can't put there faith in people or themselves...
For the record I'd describe myself as "militant atheists".

blackhole said:

This sums up my entire viewpoint I have.

Ak5 said:
blackhole said:

This sums up my entire viewpoint I have.

then, my friend, you are brighter at 15 then some are at 20, 30, 40, or more years of age.

i've taken the philosophy classes.

i've listened to countless hours of bullshit wordplay.

all intended to twist the notion.

blah-blah-blah...

a "non-belief" doesn't have to be defended!

the spaghetti monster COULD be real too!

i get it, i do.

the point is whether you:

BELIEVE in God

or

BELIEVE there is no God

you have taken a leap of faith.

one may be more probable.

one may have more evidence or less evidence.

it's still a leap of faith to say that you KNOW something doesn't exist.

which is why i both simultaneously laugh and barf when athiests spout "barf, merble, merble, MEH, there IS NO GOD"

lol, like they were there in the beginning...

and also like it is completely insane to even ponder the notion that everything may have come from something.

or to discount the experiences of millions and billions of people since the beginning of time who had experiences.

it's funny, because statements like "Meh, there is no God. Man created God." may be the way a person feels, but they are also intended to deliver a sucker-punch to the faithful with their dismissive/antagonistic tone.

the fact is, we live in a world where the vast majority of people do believe in a divine creator, so knowing that people have opposing views, we should try to apply a little tact not so much with "what" we say, but with "how" we say it.

for instance.

"Meh, there is no god, man created god"

could just as easily be expressed as....

"I don't believe in God."

notice how one is wrongfully expressed as a certainty with a sarcastic twist to boot...

and the other is rightfully expressed as opinion.

there seems to be a high degree of that whole needing to poke the faithful in the eye in the so-called athiest community.

which, btw, i absolutely love informed and polite athiests. it's just that, regardless of religious belief, i am annoyed by obnoxious.

I believe in a God but in a non vengeful God. Sort of like the beliefs of Zoroastrianism and Ahura Mazda, the creator that is all 'good'.

'The forces of good have to defend and sustain the creation of Mazda.' Sounds good to me :cool:

It's not a matter of believing in a god or not. It's a matter of people being so afraid of pain and struggles. I don't think God is punishing me, who am I that he would really put an effort to punish? After a bad thing, there's always good things that will come along. That's life. Even the fact the you wake up healthy everyday, or that you can even wake up at all, can be considered a good thing depends on how you look at it.

I think that we can choose how God affects our lives. You can't let light in without opening your window. I guess, it depends on how we choose to live our lives. But sometimes I just find it silly people would mock some people for believing in a god or would think they're so cool not believing in one. If you don't really believe in God, why does it matter so much that others believe in one?

blackhole said:
it's funny, because statements like "Meh, there is no God. Man created God." may be the way a person feels, but they are also intended to deliver a sucker-punch to the faithful with their dismissive/antagonistic tone.

the fact is, we live in a world where the vast majority of people do believe in a divine creator, so knowing that people have opposing views, we should try to apply a little tact not so much with "what" we say, but with "how" we say it.

Oh, darling, I feel the same way when people get angry at the expression of atheism. Ironic, huh? I believe in Humanism and science. I don't need to believe in a "god" to behave morally and in a humane way towards others. You're certainly entitled to your opinions but your perception is your reality and not mine.
Such a shame that people get worked up into a lather when it comes to atheism. One day, that will change.

Teresa

blackhole said:

Funny.

That sounds kinda like the, "YOU ARE GOING TO DIE PAINFULLY IN HELL FIRE" sucker punch that the "faithful" often deliver to those who do not believe in God/Christianity.

Badjedidude said:
SofiasMami said:
Meh.
God didn't create man.
Man created god.

"God creates dinosaurs. God destroys dinosaurs. God creates man. Man destroys God. Man creates dinosaurs..."

jeff_goldblum.jpg

Jeff Goldblum is hella sexy.

Badjedidude said:
blackhole said:

Funny.

That sounds kinda like the, "YOU ARE GOING TO DIE PAINFULLY IN HELL FIRE" sucker punch that the "faithful" often deliver to those who do not believe in God/Christianity.

And since I don't believe in god or an afterlife, I guess I have nothing to worry about- :)

Teresa

i don't believe in salmonella, i'm a'gonna go eat some raw chicken, and i'm a'gonna be otay

Latest posts

Back