Domestic Violence?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sprint said:
blackhole said:
Sprint said:
Is face pushing the same as face hitting????

yes
Thank you, direct answers are what I'm looking for.

Callie said:
There's verbal abuse there as well as physical.

Where is the verbal abuse? Would you mind explaining this to me please. TYIA

You cannot possibly be ignorant to these basic...

But since you ask I'll give you an example...so try not to take it
personal becuase it's just an example.

"You're a fucken retarded dumb honeysuckle worstless piece of honeysuckle of
of a son of a fucken whore. Your mother should had put a cap
in her pussy but she a stupid ***** of a cunt just like you...A waste of a life..wasting space. You'll amount to nothing becuase
you're a nothing loser. Go put a fork in your eyes."

SophiaGrace said:
He is cntrolling and abusive. Another direct answer for you.

I consider this indirect lol. It still is not answering my question of "Is face pushing the same as hitting?".

I do appreciate the response though, thank you.

Sprint said:
SophiaGrace said:

I consider this indirect lol. It still is not answering my question of "Is face pushing the same as hitting?".

Geeze the fucken Wheezz.
Theres 31 flavors of ice cream at baskin and robbins..
Fucken Ice cream is Ice cream

Lonesome Crow said:
Sprint said:
SophiaGrace said:

Geeze the fucken Wheezz.
Theres 31 flavors of ice cream at baskin and robbins..
Fucken Ice cream is Ice cream

When someone is trying to categorize yogurt. The fact that ice cream is ice cream does not assist them.

Perhaps I should have posted this as a poll lol.

Sprint said:
When we got there he seemed especially calm though which I thought was weird. She was apologetic for not being up. Then about 10 minutes later he lost it. They weren't arguing or anything at that point. In fact they never argued. He just stood there telling her his expectations of her and she agreed.

Sprint said:
blackhole said:
Sprint said:

yes

Callie said:

The part I highlighted is what tells me there is verbal abuse there. I can pretty much guarantee you it's worse in private.
He IS abusing her, and yes face pushing is abuse.

If he's pushing and shoving her that is only one step away from hitting her. All he needs to do is ball up his hand next time he goes to push her face. That isn't acceptable behaviour at all. Someone should do that to him, see how he likes it.

Callie said:
Sprint said:
When we got there he seemed especially calm though which I thought was weird. She was apologetic for not being up. Then about 10 minutes later he lost it. They weren't arguing or anything at that point. In fact they never argued. He just stood there telling her his expectations of her and she agreed.

Sprint said:
blackhole said:
Sprint said:

yes

Callie said:

The part I highlighted is what tells me there is verbal abuse there. I can pretty much guarantee you it's worse in private.
He IS abusing her, and yes face pushing is abuse.

Ok thank you very much for explaining. This helps me a lot in my understanding of the situation.

Sci-Fi said:
If he's pushing and shoving her that is only one step away from hitting her. All he needs to do is ball up his hand next time he goes to push her face. That isn't acceptable behaviour at all. Someone should do that to him, see how he likes it.

Ok, so your response is that face pushing is NOT face hitting... but close. I agree with this viewpoint... yet not.

Still undecided if this is a slippery slope/danger zone or exactly 1 in the same. I have to think it over more.

You have no guarantee that he isn't hitting her in private though. Chances are he lowered the level down because someone was there besides the two of them.
What exactly do you plan to do?

Callie said:
You have no guarantee that he isn't hitting her in private though. Chances are he lowered the level down because someone was there besides the two of them.
What exactly do you plan to do?
He isn't hitting her in private. As for what I'm planning to do... I don't know yet. I have to continue to analyze it.

Sprint said:
He isn't hitting her in private.

How do you know? Because he told you? Because she told you?

If he's willing to force her head into the couch with someone else present, then he's certainly going to be willing to do more to her when they're alone.

Wtf dude. He *is* probably hitting her in private.

I bet you money he will hit her next time. Keep in mind this was his PUBLIC behavior. This is the best he can do, when other ******* people are ******* watching him smash his palm into his gfs face.

fresia.

How much clearer do you need us to get?

Its like you're trying to say its okay for him to do that since he didn't ball up his fist and hit her. Do you know how deeply humiliating that probably was to her? How would you like it if I did that to you?

1) he was intimidating her with his presence.

He probably screams at her in private.

2) he was dead calm beforehand which tells me he is able to flip the switch in his head without a moments notice. Now that is dangerous. Think about it, most people need time to wind up and be mad, with him he is unpredictable and savors (obviously) the fear he induces in his gf.

Soph has it right, trust me I know.

How are you so sure he's not hitting her in private?

Wtf dude. He *is* probably hitting her in private.

I bet you money he will hit her next time. Keep in mind this was his PUBLIC behavior. This is the best he can do, when other ******* people are ******* watching him smash his palm into his gfs face.

fresia.

How much clearer do you need us to get?

Its like you're trying to say its okay for him to do that since he didn't ball up his fist and hit her. Do you know how deeply humiliating that probably was to her? How would you like it if I did that to you?

1) he was intimidating her with his presence.

He probably screams at her in private.

2) he was dead calm beforehand which tells me he is able to flip the switch in his head without a moments notice. Now that is dangerous. Think about it, most people need time to wind up and be mad, with him he is unpredictable and savors (obviously) the fear he induces in his gf.

Now that

No. Pushing somebody in the face isn't hitting somebody in the face. Kicking her in the face isn't hitting her in the face, either. That doesn't mean it isn't domestic violence.
A poll would be silly. Everybody has basically said the same thing. It's domestic violence. Probably even domestic abuse.

Callie said:
Soph has it right, trust me I know.

How are you so sure he's not hitting her in private?

Because this was only the 3rd of 4th time they had even been together (met)... & I drove him to see her each time. It just didn't happen.

nerdygirl said:
No. Pushing somebody in the face isn't hitting somebody in the face. Kicking her in the face isn't hitting her in the face, either. That doesn't mean it isn't domestic violence.
A poll would be silly. Everybody has basically said the same thing. It's domestic violence. Probably even domestic abuse.

I can't tell you how much this helps me THINK more clearly, thank you! I guess I was so busy focusing in on "hitting a woman is wrong" that I couldn't see that hitting, itself, is just ONE form of possible abuse. Yes, I heard the words "domestic violence", but like I said I needed to see this step-by-step .. which you have shown me.

Again, thank you very much... it's completely clear to me now.

If they've only seen each other 3 or 4 times, why is it that he is making demands of her as he is? Also, why are you driving him to her every time? And how do you know there is no other way for them to meet?
He has no right to make demands and tell her what he EXPECTS from her whether they have been together 4 years or 4 days, she is her own person, not HIS person.

the "pushing her in the face" thing is extremely worrying to me.

because it is a show of raw rage barely being held back.

trust me.

when you put your hands on someone's face like that and touch them in that way, you are saying...

i want to ******* crush you.

and the fact that he came that close to actually doing it means he is already walking far too close to the line.

until you have had someone twice your size make you cower in fear and put their hands on your face, or neck, or body in any fashion, you won't understand.

it's not important whether or not he technically 'struck' her.

it IS important that he was exhibiting RAGE.

Latest posts

Back