Domestic Violence?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Callie said:
If they've only seen each other 3 or 4 times, why is it that he is making demands of her as he is? Also, why are you driving him to her every time? And how do you know there is no other way for them to meet?
He has no right to make demands and tell her what he EXPECTS from her whether they have been together 4 years or 4 days, she is her own person, not HIS person.

I wish I had your knowledge as to why, but I don't. I'm learning as I go.

blackhole said:
the "pushing her in the face" thing is extremely worrying to me.

because it is a show of raw rage barely being held back.

trust me.

when you put your hands on someone's face like that and touch them in that way, you are saying...

i want to ******* crush you.

and the fact that he came that close to actually doing it means he is already walking far too close to the line.

until you have had someone twice your size make you cower in fear and put their hands on your face, or neck, or body in any fashion, you won't understand.

it's not important whether or not he technically 'struck' her.

it IS important that he was exhibiting RAGE.

I guess I can't understand why anyone would "cower in fear". This is my issue.

Sprint said:

what the hell are you going to do when someone twice or three times your strength is physically attacking you?

welcome to the world of a woman or child.

compare this (for a man) to having The Undertaker show up at your house and throw you around like a rag doll.

when the size and strength difference is so drastic, you cower.

it's instinct. the fetal position. guard your face and internal organs, try to deflect the blows with your large muscles, legs, hands, etc.

Sprint said:
Lonesome Crow said:
Sprint said:
SophiaGrace said:
He is cntrolling and abusive. Another direct answer for you.

I consider this indirect lol. It still is not answering my question of "Is face pushing the same as hitting?".

I do appreciate the response though, thank you.

Geeze the fucken Wheezz.
Theres 31 flavors of ice cream at baskin and robbins..
Fucken Ice cream is Ice cream

When someone is trying to categorize yogurt. The fact that ice cream is ice cream does not assist them.

Perhaps I should have posted this as a poll lol.

Give me a break you cannot be this latteral of a thinker.
K...I never mentioned anything about fucken yogurt.
Yogurt is not fucken ice cream. it's fucken frozen yogurt.
Ice cream is ice cream.
Stop complicating the honeysuckle.
But its basic traits of an abuser...the twist and spin.

While pushing her in the face might not had cuase her great
phsical harm at that moment. He just got luckie.
Her neck could had snapped. She could had fell in an awkward
position and injured herself.

At the very least
It's degrading her at a mental and emotional level.
It's still re enforcing fears or threats into her.
Mental and emotional abuse takes longer to heal
and sometimes it can effect a person for a life time.

Its the fucken motive behind his actions.
All abuser say the same old honeysuckle..he's not the first.
"it's not a big deal"

blackhole said:
Sprint said:

what the hell are you going to do when someone twice or three times your strength is physically attacking you?

welcome to the world of a woman or child.

compare this (for a man) to having The Undertaker show up at your house and throw you around like a rag doll.

when the size and strength difference is so drastic, you cower.

it's instinct. the fetal position. guard your face and internal organs, try to deflect the blows with your large muscles, legs, hands, etc.

I guess it's just a difference of mentality. I would never "cower" in fear. Rather go down fighting... if I had to go down at all.

Lonesome Crow said:
Sprint said:
Lonesome Crow said:
Sprint said:
SophiaGrace said:
He is cntrolling and abusive. Another direct answer for you.

I consider this indirect lol. It still is not answering my question of "Is face pushing the same as hitting?".

I do appreciate the response though, thank you.

Geeze the fucken Wheezz.
Theres 31 flavors of ice cream at baskin and robbins..
Fucken Ice cream is Ice cream

When someone is trying to categorize yogurt. The fact that ice cream is ice cream does not assist them.

Perhaps I should have posted this as a poll lol.

Give me a break you cannot be this latteral of a thinker.
K...I never mentioned anything about fucken yogurt.
Yogurt is not fucken ice cream. it's fucken frozen yogurt.
Ice cream is ice cream.
Stop complicating the honeysuckle.
But its basic traits of an abuser...the twist and spin.

While pushing her in the face might not had cuase her great
phsical harm at that moment. He just got luckie.
Her neck could had snapped. She could had fell in an awkward
position and injured herself.

At the very least
It's degrading her at a mental and emotional level.
It's still re enforcing fears or threats into her.
Mental and emotional abuse takes longer to heal
and sometimes it can effect a person for a life time.

Its the fucken motive behind his actions.
All abuser say the same old honeysuckle..he's not the first.
"it's not a big deal"

Actually I am. Thank you for understanding in advance.

Sprint said:
I guess it's just a difference of mentality. I would never "cower" in fear. Rather go down fighting... if I had to go down at all.

Everyone says that, trying to be all macho and honeysuckle.

But I guarantee that if placed in the right situation, with the right people, you would cower in fear.

Every man can be broken.

Best to remember that.

Badjedidude said:
Sprint said:

Everyone says that, trying to be all macho and honeysuckle.

But I guarantee that if placed in the right situation, with the right people, you would cower in fear.

Every man can be broken.

Best to remember that.

I find death preferable to being "broken" as you seem to word it. Most of domestic violence seems to be mental domination, not physical domination.

Sprint said:
I find death preferable to being "broken" as you seem to word it. Most of domestic violence seems to be mental domination, not physical domination.

I wasn't speaking just in the context of domestic violence.

Let's say some guys kidnap you and slowly torture you for their own private enjoyment. I can assure you, you would break. It's only a matter of how long you could hold out. They'd eventually have you cowering in fear.

You'd rather die, right?

What if they didn't LET you die?

That's the thing.

Like I said... every man can be broken.

Badjedidude said:
Sprint said:

I wasn't speaking just in the context of domestic violence.

Let's say some guys kidnap you and slowly torture you for their own private enjoyment. I can assure you, you would break. It's only a matter of how long you could hold out. They'd eventually have you cowering in fear.

You'd rather die, right?

What if they didn't LET you die?

That's the thing.

Like I said... every man can be broken.

It's about mental fortitude. My only "break" may be taking my own life to relieve the perceived agony.
Then again, I could learn to enjoy it.

There are always alternatives. Because you can be broken does not mean that everyone can. We are all different.... thankfully.

Sprint said:
Because you can be broken does not mean that everyone can.

No, you can be broken.

Every man can be broken.

You sound like you have a problem admitting that you're fallible or vulnerable in any way, shape, or form. What are you overcompensating for, I wonder?

Badjedidude said:
Sprint said:
Because you can be broken does not mean that everyone can.

No, you can be broken.

Every man can be broken.

You sound like you have a problem admitting that you're fallible or vulnerable in any way, shape, or form. What are you overcompensating for, I wonder?

Ok, you've decided I can be broken. I do not share this decision. There is no use to me wasting my time trying to force my POV on you & I also suggest you do not waste yours.

It's best we simply agree to disagree at this point. :D

Also, this is detracting from the initial topic... which was domestic violence itself. To which I've come to a conclusion about, thanks to some of the posts which were extremely helpful.

Sprint said:
Ok, you've decided I can be broken. I do not share this decision. There is no use to me wasting my time trying to force my POV on you & I also suggest you do not waste yours.

It's best we simply agree to disagree at this point.

Sorry, dude.

But you're full of honeysuckle.

Badjedidude said:
Sprint said:

It's best we simply agree to disagree at this point.

Sorry, dude.

But you're full of honeysuckle.

Sorry dude, indeed... I don't want to fight. You won't get it here. I've made quite a dedication to pacifism. All I can do is wish you well.

So you're saying, If I dressed up like some crazy scary ass looking dominatrix, tied your ass up, shoved a ball gag in your mouth, and beat the honeysuckle outta you with a spiked cat'o'ninetails while pegging you with an 18in double ended black dildo, you wouldn't be disturbed?

People are violent to an extent, thats just the way it always was and will be. Legal techniques evolve and say you cannot do this and that, increasing what you cannot do and where you cannot go with time, but people will always get into conflicts with those around them. And some of those conflicts will be violent to some extent. As long it is not habitual abuse and constant beatings, I don't see what the big fuss is that made this thread blow up so big.

Sprint said:
Sorry dude, indeed... I don't want to fight. You won't get it here. I've made quite a dedication to pacifism. All I can do is wish you well.

I guess if you really feel such a pressing need to believe that you're superior and unassailable and incapable of mind-numbing fear... well, good luck to you too.

SkuzzieMuff said:
So you're saying, If I dressed up like some crazy scary ass looking dominatrix, tied your ass up, shoved a ball gag in your mouth, and beat the honeysuckle outta you with a spiked cat'o'ninetails while pegging you with an 18in double ended black dildo, you wouldn't be disturbed?

I might... reminds me of the ex lol.

Badjedidude said:
Sprint said:

I guess if you really feel such a pressing need to believe that you're superior and unassailable and incapable of mind-numbing fear... well, good luck to you too.

Thank you

As to the OP, I don't understand what you don't get about this. Either you are extremely naive or just plain dumb. Like BJD said, EVERYONE has their breaking point. EVERYONE has at least one thing they can't handle. NO ONE should have to live with domestic violence, whether it be physical or verbal. Unless you've been in that position, you have no **** clue. NO ONE deserves that.

Thrasymachus said:
People are violent to an extent, thats just the way it always was and will be. Legal techniques evolve and say you cannot do this and that, increasing what you cannot do and where you cannot go with time, but people will always get into conflicts with those around them. And some of those conflicts will be violent to some extent. As long it is not habitual abuse and constant beatings, I don't see what the big fuss is that made this thread blow up so big.

Yeah, it's okay to hit your girl, as long as you don't do it all the time?

WTF.

Latest posts

Back