Domestic Violence?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oopsiedoop said:
If anybody so much as laid a finger on me that wasn't loving I'd make sure he lost a lot more than that finger

Badjedidude said:
I'm not sure that "eye for an eye" is the answer here.

It's one thing to leave a man for abusing you that first time... but it's another thing to take revenge on him by slicing off his weewee for it.

I understand the sentiment, I just don't think that harming a guy in return would solve the situation. If anything, it would probably escalate things to even more dangerous levels.

Pacifists will get us all killed.

But, to comment further: It sure is another thing. That is the point. However, I'm really happy that when I do take his weewee, you will forgive me for it, since walking away is the answer to everything.

[Edit:]
Okay, I just read more of the thread, I had only responded to the OP. I have to admit I don't know where you're coming from, and I don't have the stomach to follow the thread, or really get involved with it, because it seems to have gotten kind of confusing.

What Im saying is....weather its moral wrong or not. ..

If that dude keeps abusing her..
Every woman is different.
Everyone has a breaking piont.
Everyone is not going to react the same
when they get to that breaking...

a woman is also human...
Shes also capiable of killing or putting a fork in his eyes. To not roll over and just play dead or victim.

right, wrong or indiffernce...
His still playing with fire.

Hell has no ferry like a womans scorn

Sprint said:
A man is not a shark. A man is a man. A man has free will. Choices are choices.. they can be positive or negative. A shark has an instinctual inclination to "kill" (just get food in its case). A man does not have an instinctual inclination to hit a woman (as far as I know).

That would make the shark more innocent though, which it is, but we kill it anyway if it's attacked us (and we're able to).

I dont know where youre from or where you been....

When I was living NV...
My step duaghter had a PINK 38 mag.
and to my opinion..shes a crazy btich
and shouldnt be given a gun to carry around. She thinks its just a toy.

You can carry a loaded weapon out
in public in NV...just long as its not
concealed. You can also drink in public.

Bascailly you walk down the street with Beer in one hand and a loaded gun in ther other. Its a leathal combination...
but that the law there. Lmao

She had also been getting in trouble...so the authorities took her gun away....

But by law...they had to give it back to
her.

I didnt agree with it..And the cops that knew her probaly didnt agree with it..

It was retarded...When she got her gun back...she showed it off as if it was just a toy..Like its cool..

So differrnt people are going to have different mentally depending on their enviorments or what they are exposed to.

I dont think that dude would had done that to my step duaghter...becuase she would had jsut pistal whipped his ass.

Man is not an animal...his ablity to kill is not from his basic instint..

Reasons?

Man kill for food, power and entertainment...These are some of the reasons and logic..

hanvt you heard the phrase...
"Lets Feed your ass to the lions"?
It was pretty **** moral and acceptiable in that society..

It's easy to say that if you were in that situation you would do it differently or you wouldn't let it happen. But the thing is that you weren't in that situation. So you wouldn't know how that victim felt or what are those persons thoughts.

While some may argue today mankind
moral code had improve for EQUALITY
for all people on this planet....

The thing is it is.....when a little kid living in the middle east see his mama blown up to pieces from the so call people that thinks thier ways of equality and freedom is ulitmate way to live. And theyll just write his mother off as calatteral damage....

I believe that kid would have hard time trying wrap that honeysuckle around his head.LOL

SophiaGrace said:
blackhole said:
nerdygirl said:
I don't think that's what Thrasymachus meant. I think the point was that just because somebody does it once, that doesn't mean it's a normal occurrence.

and?

who cares?

he showed extreme rage to do that.

i know. i have dealt with my rage issues.

any man who would do that to a woman is an extreme danger to her.

+1

That's kind of like saying its okay to rob someone if its not a normal occurance.

I have a friend who was arrested because when she found out her husband cheated on her, she hit him with what she was holding in her hand at the time... a frying pan. (By the way, guys, if you cheat, don't confess while your wife is washing dishes). She's normally a very sweet and cheerful girl, and had never done anything like that in her life. Never done anything like that since. Personally, I'd rather be pushed onto a sofa than smacked so hard with a pan that I have to get stitches.

I don't think this is about it being "okay". It's about realizing that there's a matter of degree. One occurrence of pushing a girl into a sofa or bashing a guy in the head with a pan... is not the same as, say... slamming somebody against the wall one day, throwing the person over the hood of your car another, and then hitting the person on another day.

I've always been raised to believe hitting women is fundamentally wrong. The only time that view doesn't hold is when a woman is acting in a violent manner first, in which case the rules go out the window.

However, I do think as Nerdygirl says, there is a difference between abuse and violence. Emotional state at the time also plays a part.

Say my girlfriend is at my house, I've just been diagnosed with a serious illness and I'm about to tell her. Then she tells me, before I can, that she's been having an affair for a year.

Now, if I were to snap and hit her at that very moment, would it be domestic violence? Yes, and it would be unacceptable. However, people often do things that they would never otherwise do if they were thinking straight when they are emotionally worked up.

I personally think 99% of cases of domestic violence are completely intolerable and are generally down to a man or woman's emotional or moral weakness. I'd hope that even if I was really heartbroken or enraged, I'd never stoop to the level of hitting a woman.

However, every now and then there is rarely a kind of emotional impulse that overrides reason. Kind of like those temporary insanity pleas you often hear in court cases.

It's never right, and I think most scenarios are downright disgusting, but I think it's not possible to just say "Yeah, X is always wrong no matter what the circumstances."

Wait..so I'm allowed to hit a guy with a frying pan every time one's a dick!???!!!!

YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEE

I'll marry whoever makes it a hammer.

oopsiedoop said:
Wait..so I'm allowed to hit a guy with a frying pan every time one's a dick!???!!!!

YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEE

I'll marry whoever makes it a hammer.

As long as you're okay with being arrested and staying in jail quite a bit longer, sure. Of course, you'll probably have to be okay with the idea of him returning the favor.

Okay..so the guy in the original post goes to jail, yah?

I still haven't been able to follow the whole thread so my comments may well all be non sequiturs.

oopsiedoop said:
Okay..so the guy in the original post goes to jail, yah?

I still haven't been able to follow the whole thread so my comments may well all be non sequiturs.

The OP didn't say.

There is so much masturbation in this forum, sometimes I wonder why I bother. I don't see how 10+ pages of speculation can result from a two paragraph description which left out alot more details than it described, about two people none of you know.

If I could place bets on my hunch that most the people in this thread giving righteous condemnation have been involved in pushing matches and much more in their life, I would make some decent money. The perfection and utopia you project on others compared to the actual banality of human existence is a wide gulf. What is deemed legal or not and what happens often in life are two different things, if this type of minor human scuffle is a criminal offense, then just about everyone in this thread could have likely been arrested or brought to court for similar charges. The legal system is a form of ultimate hubris, which evolves to seek total or perfect regulation of human behavior.

nerdygirl said:
... Why the heck would the guy go to jail for pushing some girl down onto a sofa?

I think there would have to be bruises and physical damage and such...

I don't know, I'm a bit lost. Frying pan: yes or no? Pulling a guy's shlong or his hair: domestic violence or not?

I have quite a few more questions but those are the ones I remember offhand.

oopsiedoop said:
Pacifists will get us all killed.

Pacifist? Me? Clearly you don't know me very well. :p

My point is that if a woman is in an abusive situation, it's better to simply leave or seek help elsewhere, rather than seeking revenge or trying to harm the guy in return. Same if the tables are turned; if a man is being abused, it's better if he just leaves. Continued violence will only escalate things to lethal levels.

Pick your battles. There's no reason to possibly die when you don't have to.

Men abusing women is choosing my battle.

And a man without a weewee...not too dangerous anymore, are we? In fact, almost a woman :eek:

oopsiedoop said:
And a man without a weewee...not too dangerous anymore, are we?

Uhhh... lolno.

If a woman cut my penis off whilst I slept, I would kill her. It's as simple as that.

Perhaps other men aren't like me. But I doubt it.

I wouldn't abuse a woman in the first place... but still. My point remains.

Latest posts

Back