Domestic Violence?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oopsiedoop said:
Sprint said:
A man is not a shark. A man is a man. A man has free will. Choices are choices.. they can be positive or negative. A shark has an instinctual inclination to "kill" (just get food in its case). A man does not have an instinctual inclination to hit a woman (as far as I know).

That would make the shark more innocent though, which it is, but we kill it anyway if it's attacked us (and we're able to).

True.. yet we are the ones invading its environment.

Naleena said:
Sprint said:
I consider this indirect lol. It still is not answering my question of "Is face pushing the same as hitting?".

Hmmmmm...is groin pushing the same as groin hitting? ....lol
No lol, it's definitely not.

Days ago, I came to the realization (with a few people on here's assistance) that face pushing is the same as face hitting though ... because it's a form of domestic violence. I was having difficulty with this, but I've been clear for days.

Still... the thread seems to have taken on a life of its own lol.

oopsiedoop said:
Okay..so the guy in the original post goes to jail, yah?

I still haven't been able to follow the whole thread so my comments may well all be non sequiturs.

No, he doesn't go to jail.

Ghost Boy said:
oopsiedoop said:
Okay..so the guy in the original post goes to jail, yah?

I still haven't been able to follow the whole thread so my comments may well all be non sequiturs.

The OP didn't say.

Just did.. but again, no.. no police involved at all.

SophiaGrace said:
nerdygirl said:
... Why the heck would the guy go to jail for pushing some girl down onto a sofa?

I think there would have to be bruises and physical damage and such...

Bruises and physical damage? I'm quite a bit heavier than you, but I don't think even I would require that much force to push onto a sofa.

nerdygirl said:
SophiaGrace said:
nerdygirl said:
... Why the heck would the guy go to jail for pushing some girl down onto a sofa?

I think there would have to be bruises and physical damage and such...

Bruises and physical damage? I'm quite a bit heavier than you, but I don't think even I would require that much force to push onto a sofa.

It's possible without, if there is proof or a witness. Chances are tho, that the guy won't do jail time for a first offense until it's really horrible.

Naleena said:
WTF? You can't delete something you post?

You can PM a mod and ask that they remove a post. :)

But as a member, we don't have that ability ourselves.

oopsiedoop said:
Men abusing women is choosing my battle.

And a man without a weewee...not too dangerous anymore, are we? In fact, almost a woman :eek:

Yeah, I take issue with the first sentence. Who says it's always men abusing women? Women can be just as violent towards men.

In fact, from most of your replies, it sounds like you're positively itching to beat the honeysuckle out of men :rolleyes:

That kind of ignorant attitude is the reason there's a growing unfair bias towards women in domestic abuse cases. Did you know that it's now standard policy to arrest the man when called to a domestic dispute, regardless of what's happened? messed up if you ask me, no legal situation should be twisted before it's even looked at properly.

Plus a guy without a dick is still pretty dangerous. Men have a lot of physiological differences from women, such as higher net muscle mass, different pelvic structure, wider ribcage. There's an evolutionary reason for that :\

TheSolitaryMan said:
oopsiedoop said:

And a man without a weewee...not too dangerous anymore, are we? In fact, almost a woman :eek:

Yeah, I take issue with the first sentence. Who says it's always men abusing women? Women can be just as violent towards men.

In fact, from most of your replies, it sounds like you're positively itching to beat the honeysuckle out of men :rolleyes:

That kind of ignorant attitude is the reason there's a growing unfair bias towards women in domestic abuse cases. Did you know that it's now standard policy to arrest the man when called to a domestic dispute, regardless of what's happened? messed up if you ask me, no legal situation should be twisted before it's even looked at properly.

Plus a guy without a dick is still pretty dangerous. Men have a lot of physiological differences from women, such as higher net muscle mass, different pelvic structure, wider ribcage. There's an evolutionary reason for that :\

This post is hysterical..first it argues that women are just as dangerous, and then points out the ludicrous-ness of that position.

I don't take issue with your saying I'm itching to beat the honeysuckle out of men. Glad you noticed!

From wikipedia: In law, assault is a crime causing a victim to fear violence. The term is often confused with battery, which is the actual "touching".

oopsiedoop said:
TheSolitaryMan said:
oopsiedoop said:

This post is hysterical..first it argues that women are just as dangerous, and then points out the ludicrous-ness of that position.

I don't take issue with your saying I'm itching to beat the honeysuckle out of men. Glad you noticed!

From wikipedia: In law, assault is a crime causing a victim to fear violence. The term is often confused with battery, which is the actual "touching".

Women ARE dangerous, given the correct circumstances.....

Sorry if I took that the wrong way

Badjedidude said:
If a woman cut my penis off whilst I slept, I would kill her. It's as simple as that.

If you could. See, that's your battle.

Callie said:
Women ARE dangerous, given the correct circumstances.....

It's one of my greatest hopes.

I have a question for everyone who's trivializing domestic violence..what do you think would happen if this woman fought back in kind?

oopsiedoop said:
I have a question for everyone who's trivializing domestic violence..what do you think would happen if this woman fought back in kind?

Erm... I think the post that most trivialized domestic violence in my eyes read, "Wait..so I'm allowed to hit a guy with a frying pan every time one's a dick!???!!!! YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEE I'll marry whoever makes it a hammer."

Domestic violence is a bad thing, regardless of if it's a man or woman who is a victim.

oopsiedoop said:

No more "hysterical" than your own, which were coming out like bitter revenge fantasies.

Sorry, but I just find your attitude disturbing. If I were to start posting stuff like "I hope some girl starts on me so I can mutilate her genitals and smash her head in with a blunt object", wouldn't you find that disgusting? I know I'd find stuff like that reprehensible, so I don't see why it's fine just because you're hating on men instead of women.

And I don't know how the latter part of that post counts out the former. I was merely putting forward the point that if you're going to start talking about cutting guy's dicks off to "unman" them (an unpleasant thing to bring up, to say the least), perhaps someone should educate you that there is more than one bodily difference between a man and a woman.

A woman can be just as dangerous as a man. Given sufficient physical training she can build herself up to be stronger, and even the weakest of people (male or female) can be very dangerous with a knife or other weapon.

Frankly, I just don't get what response you're trying to get. If you were joking, fair enough, but I don't think it came across that way at all.

nerdygirl said:
oopsiedoop said:

Erm... I think the post that most trivialized domestic violence in my eyes read, "Wait..so I'm allowed to hit a guy with a frying pan every time one's a dick!???!!!! YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEE I'll marry whoever makes it a hammer."

Domestic violence is a bad thing, regardless of if it's a man or woman who is a victim.

TheSolitaryMan said:
oopsiedoop said:

No more "hysterical" than your own, which were coming out like bitter revenge fantasies.

Sorry, but I just find your attitude disturbing. If I were to start posting stuff like "I hope some girl starts on me so I can mutilate her genitals and smash her head in with a blunt object", wouldn't you find that disgusting? I know I'd find stuff like that reprehensible, so I don't see why it's fine just because you're hating on men instead of women.

And I don't know how the latter part of that post counts out the former. I was merely putting forward the point that if you're going to start talking about cutting guy's dicks off to "unman" them (an unpleasant thing to bring up, to say the least), perhaps someone should educate you that there is more than one bodily difference between a man and a woman.

A woman can be just as dangerous as a man. Given sufficient physical training she can build herself up to be stronger, and even the weakest of people (male or female) can be very dangerous with a knife or other weapon.

Frankly, I just don't get what response you're trying to get. If you were joking, fair enough, but I don't think it came across that way at all.

I agree with both Nerdy and Solitary.
I don't really understand how it matters what gender the person is. I've fought men as well as women. If you know what you're doing, the woman CAN take down the man. That said, it's not right regardless of whether you have a penis or a vagina or both.
Now to sound like a cliche (albeit true) Violence doesn't solve anything.

I've always felt I was too weak to take on anyone physically. o.o

So i'd just cower if someone were to hit me. Heh.

Btw, I know this might be offensive to oopsiedoop, but your posts do kind of un-nerve me somewhat. Solitary did a very nice argument by reversing your comment about hitting a guy, into a guy being the agressor. When i read his comment my stomache clenched up, whereas when I read yours it sounded a bit "off" but it didn't inspire fear in me just to read that, since women are traditionally seen to be the weaker sex, and not as effective in combat. I do realize that probably most people that read Solitary's comment on this page probably didn't have the same reaction as I did emotionally. I'm the person who has nightmares about men trying to hurt her a few times a month. Other people probably don't have that reoccuring dream.

I have issues. :D

90% of prisoners in jail are men, 10% are women. Which gender are you going to trust more not to assault you? Or, is the arrest rate so low for women because women get away with it more than men due to societal perceptions about them? Interesting to ponder this.

SophiaGrace said:
I've always felt I was too weak to take on anyone physically. o.o

So i'd just cower if someone were to hit me. Heh.

Aww! This made me strangely sad :(

In fact, I have to say the thought of a person cowering in general makes me feel upset. Strange that it struck such a chord with me actually.

Even the biggest person still feels the same pain as everyone else when they get punched in the face. That's what I always told myself when people used to bully me, and it turned out to be correct when I had to put it into practice!

In any sort of physical confrontation there are arguments both for and against resisting at the time I suppose, especially if you think you're physically weaker. But I'd say it's always worth a shot, doubly so if you ever feel in real danger.

Anything you do to a typical abuser they feel much more than other people, because they never expect a "victim" to fight back.

TheSolitaryMan said:
Anything you do to a typical abuser they feel much more than other people, because they never expect a "victim" to fight back.

It could also do the opposite and make them angrier.

Callie said:
TheSolitaryMan said:

It would make them angrier yes (actually it probably would - thus why I would cower and not hit back.), as they tried to reassert their control over their victims. That's why when a woman is in an abusive relationship the most dangerous time for her is when she is leaving or leaves her abuser. His loss of power and his attempts to gain that back result in heightened risk for violence and stalking behavior.

Callie said:
TheSolitaryMan said:

True indeed. Which is, of course, why it needs to be weighed up in each individual case. I'd argue that if someone is intent on really damaging you in the first place, it's better to fight back than let them go ahead unhindered.

Really any person who hits their partner is performing a cowardly and immoral act, regardless of gender. There's never any justifiable call for it.

I'm curious to know if any of the people talking here and claiming they would do this or that given the same situation have ever BEEN in a domestic dispute.
You can say whatever you want right now, but unless you actually experience it, you can't know what you would do. Especially if you had verbal abuse before the physical.

Callie said:
I'm curious to know if any of the people talking here and claiming they would do this or that given the same situation have ever BEEN in a domestic dispute.
You can say whatever you want right now, but unless you actually experience it, you can't know what you would do. Especially if you had verbal abuse before the physical.

When I talk its from experiences with one of my family members.

Latest posts

Back