Echoes

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because im effing lazy. Sleeping till 10. That is too late to sleep if you have to walk a dog.

Can you negotiate with her to keep your puppy if you can keep an alarm to wake at 8 AM? Seems worth it.

Do you take your dog on walks to poop or just leisure? If it's to poop then of course your dog can't wait until you get up. Dogs like routines, if they are used to going out at 8 am then they will still expect that. They have no comprehension about holidays or sleeping in. If it's just for leisure and to get out of the house then your dog can wait until you get up to go for a walk.

i take her out to poop and stretch and run around. So maybe both ? Echo used to wake me up but she stopped.

Dogs are very adaptable.. can't you make sure to take her out right before you go to bed, and then right away when you do wake up?
Or just get up early..
It certain does not sound like reason for your mother to give the dog away..

I've had 2 dogs with very different personalities. Our first dog loved to be outside, was very well behaved and smart. Our second dog was not an outside dog, she was very energetic and not always very well behaved and dumb. She was also scared of storms and didn't like going outside in the rain. One night when I was letting her in she had been hiding behind the bushes. She came running up but had gotten her leash wrapped around a garden statue. It fell over and broke. My mom was pissed, she got rid of her after that.

Dont blame me for wanting to sleep forever XD
i got up this morning but fell back asleep and woke up at 9 40.
She was mad but didnt say much about it.
Hopefully she changes her mind about this :(

Hang on...let me figure this one out:

You have a dog which you love very much;
You are lazy (by your own declaration);
Your mother is giving the dog away because you are lazy;

Now I’m not trying to be mean but is there something I’m just not getting because the obvious seems all too clear here? Which do you like most: being lazy or your dog? If anything I’d say this would be a great opportunity to prove how grown up and mature you can be Rayri, you often complain about people calling you a child but taking on the responsibilities of looking after a dog would show them different and give you a lot of practice for all the harder challenges life is going to throw at you in the future.

Dragging your heels and sulking about it won’t help but proving to your mother that you can be a responsible adult would surly make you feel better about yourself.

Lost Drifter said:
Hang on...let me figure this one out:

You have a dog which you love very much;
You are lazy (by your own declaration);
Your mother is giving the dog away because you are lazy;

Now I’m not trying to be mean but is there something I’m just not getting because the obvious seems all too clear here? Which do you like most: being lazy or your dog? If anything I’d say this would be a great opportunity to prove how grown up and mature you can be Rayri, you often complain about people calling you a child but taking on the responsibilities of looking after a dog would show them different and give you a lot of practice for all the harder challenges life is going to throw at you in the future.

Dragging your heels and sulking about it won’t help but proving to your mother that you can be a responsible adult would surly make you feel better about yourself.

that ^

Try sleeping several hours earlier; you will get enough rest that way. It is your responsibility - if you are aware that you like sleeping a great deal, then adjust your sleeping patterns. Some younger individuals do indeed use around 10 hours of sleep, so just plan your day accordingly.

Don't try, do it. You were saying before about being called a child and how much you hate that. Well, here's an example of what everyone was talking about when they said to show responsibility. Setting your alarm clock so you get up and take your dog for a walk shows you are mature and responsible. Plus you can shut your mother up and keep your dog. What better reward is there then that. :D

In life, you always give up something to get something. In this case, it might mean giving up two more hours of late-night gaming or whatever. Its worth it, right?

i can stay up late and wake up early XD
i was up till 3 last night and still woke up at 8 today.

Rayri said:
i can stay up late and wake up early XD
i was up till 3 last night and still woke up at 8 today.

This isn't going to work out.

A better question if you're willing to risk losing your dog over this? You cannot have everything in life; cutting back to 5 hours of sleep is something I've done before, but it not healthy in the long run. And it'll promote oversleeping.

You said that you wanted to be more mature. Well, then make the mature decision. Do you, or do you not want to grow up?

Your mum is probably giving away your dog to a better care, so if you still can't be mature enough to make compromises for your dog which you claim is your pride and joy, then maybe let her give your dog away. Like children, pets need better caring, if you can't give that, don't have one yet. Hope you'll figure out what's the best thing you should do with this dilemma of yours :)

Latest posts

Back