Entertaining yourself

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a bad idea^ You must be buff. lol I would be (ok if I were a guy) if I worked out when lonely. I don't have enough energy when I'm feeling that way but I'll can say I feel better getting fresh air or just walking around doing something rather than sitting on my butt.

I like old video games...... Atari games to be specific! I should pull out my wannabe Atari with built in games.

TheSolitaryMan said:
I'm actually using crap feelings and pointless time to improve my body in a way that will hopefully provide insurance against being lonely in the future. That's how I see it, anyway.

Cool idea and way to see it. I've been doing that for the first part of the year 2011, then yet another love-failure has discouraged me. I think I'll try again.

Insurance against future loneliness sounds **** good.

Watch shows/movies, play games, listen to music and read. If I'm desperate, I might make up a story starring myself and play it out in my head. :p

I said before that I like to write things down with no real intention of sharing them but I also like to keep what I call a lesson book where at the end of each day, just before I go to bed (before the Gremlins get me) I write down any particular thoughts or some observations from the past couple of hours.

I suppose you could call it a diary but the contents are usually more abstract such as what I’ve been dwelling on, both the good and bad ideas that I’ve had, perhaps some snippets of conversation with people or even a sketch of a photograph I would like to take. Sometimes its just good to write things down to get them out of your system.

Okiedokes said:
What kinds of things do you like to do when you are lonely or by yourself, to entertain yourself/make yourself feel better?

a project, something tactile I can make with my hands
sing an old song
go to the grocery store without a list and make a meal based on what ingredients look the freshest that day
daydream
walk around at the mall but don't go into any stores
organize my space/clean
learn more about something that interests me

I'm lazy and unmotivated and honestly, I'm usually trying to fight off the urge to do something unproductive like sit on Stumble for hours versus getting off my butt and going to the gym... Even if its just for 30 min of cardio. Get myself moving and doing - I actually enjoy it once I get into it. Its the getting into it part.

I try to meditate, read, cook some food, but its the same thing like going to the gym: as much as I love those activities once I'm doing them, I'm so lazy and unmotivated that most of the time I'll just end up taking a nap or staring at the computer screen. Its weird. Its like whenever I have free time or don't feel that great, there's an internal battle in me of doing something positive about it vs. dwelling in it and being a sloth. Id vs superego? I don't even know.

I like reading manga, or watching anime while I'm drunk.

Me. Ill draw once in a great while. Not like I used too when I was a teen. But thing is I still draw the same exact marvel characters and never wanted to draw anything else. Hmm idk..I just also borrowed my sisters wii and bought the Zelda twilight game. Finally beat it since I finished half of it on GC...also I just rented dead rising and that was fun but ending sucked...hmm oh yeah and work on my car...and read comic books sometimes too..

Latest posts

Back