Every girl needs some girlfriends..

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ginger_snaps

Reaction score
Ok, so I'm new to the forum.. hi :)

When I go out to my usual club and college and even when networking, it seems like I've got a loooot of friends. But really, I've come to realise, they're all just acquaintances. Ya know, people you hang around with only superficially, but I never actually get close with anyone.

Most of them are guys too.. I mean don't get me wrong, I get on with girls. I just find it really hard to get close to them. I feel this is because they already have their little close group of girlfriends.

It's like all girls have that except me. I want a little close nit group of girlies who I can tell anything to and what have you. I have one best best friend but he's a guy so it's not the same. Is it too late to try and wriggle my way into one of these little girl groups? Is it me holding myself back? Or is there just something wrong with the way I am that girls don't see me as the close friend type?

Hi and welcome to the forum...
I've always had as many male friends as female. I can tell you that when you can find a close girlfriend it's great but sadly, if you're a nice, friendly gal, who's naturally, somewhat outgoing it might take awhile. Some women/girls are very competitive and seem to actually dislike other women for some VERY shallow reasons. Maybe their past experiences create this dynamic.*shrug* Also, some women just love to use other female friends as a sounding board and this can make it very hard to establish a two-way relationship.

This has been my plight, I end up being the "go-to-person" in rough times. I've actually been "thinning" out my girlfriends who use me like a "free therapist" and finding more gals who actually want to, not just tell me their issues but listen to a few of mine along the way. It's nice and gals who understand how to be a reciprocal friend are out there. I think you can find a spot in a nice group of established friends...The key-word in this is, "nice"

On the other hand, guy-friends can be a real life-savers too. They sometimes have a lot of the compassion that harder gals lack. Either way, enjoy your "buddies!" they're worth their weight in gold.... :)

Not everyone is meant to have gaggly-groups with members of the same sex. *shrug*

There's nothing wrong with having them, nothing wrong with NOT having them.

With that said... I'm not a girl, so I can't give any advice on creating a group of girlfriends to hang with. :p BUT I CAN OFFER YOU LUCK IN YOUR ENDEAVORS! :D

Hello guys,

Making out friends may be boy or a gal depends on u . If u want that there should b a frd with whom u can share everything, then u need to somewhat change urself according to the others. u will hv to first of all understand ur frds matters n be with her/him in her/his happiness n sorrows n ultimately she/he will also think the same way as u think bout her.... She will definitely be your best frd !

^^^ SHOW ME DEM FUCKIN CABINETS, SPAAAAAM!!! :D

Remove your link or be banned, man. Mods be watchin' you.

Have you tried just sharing more important matters with your girl acquaintances? Just bring something up one day along the lines of what you wish you could talk about with them?

Brian said:
Have you tried just sharing more important matters with your girl acquaintances? Just bring something up one day along the lines of what you wish you could talk about with them?

That's a really good point. It could just be that since you have mostly guy friends who are close, the girl friends might assume you just don't want to be close to girls. I feel like even I have a tendency to subconsciously place people in the "guys' girl" box or the "girls' girl" box. Bringing up something personal with them, or an anecdote that is strictly girly ("Omgosh, so this guy I'm dating blah blah blah") might cast a more femme-friendly light on you in their eyes. I would say I'm completely the opposite of you--always had a few close girlfriends, but hardly any guy friends. For me, I think it's because a) I'm not attractive, so guys don't talk to me and b) this makes me shy so girls are comfortable talking to me.

I'll be your friend! Honestly, I feel EXACTLY the same. I want some girlies to hang and gossip with, but that's just a dream for me right now. PM me if you like :D

Latest posts

Back